Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

Internet

Scholar
A

We are becoming a tribe of individualists, goddammit. First we ignore the signs left by our lost folks because "meh, the way is narrow and there might be something shiny over here" and now we let one of our own meet his death because watching stuff burn is cool? We know fire well. We know it can hurt pretty badly. Knock some sense into the keeper and drag him out of here.

m4davis

Scholar
A

We are becoming a tribe of individualists, goddammit. First we ignore the signs left by our lost folks because "meh, the way is narrow and there might be something shiny over here" and now we let one of our own meet his death because watching stuff burn is cool? We know fire well. We know it can hurt pretty badly. Knock some sense into the keeper and drag him out of here.
you are not a true fire worshiper the fire spirit is calling to him to cross the red liquid it will guard him for this sacred task

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
God dammit guys, if the fire spirit is telling you to cross that shit you CROSS THAT SHIT.

B.

Kipeci

Arcane
It is an honorable death to wade into the magma.

Besides, even if we save him here, what's to keep him from just slinking back later? May as well get it over with now, without incurring the wrath of the fire keepers.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Anybody ever think that if it is a fire spirit then maybe it is not friendly? Or it may demand sacrifices more than we can handle? Just get the hell out as fast as you can. And drag that stupid keeper with you.

Vernydar

Learned
Anybody ever think that if it is a fire spirit then maybe it is not friendly? Or it may demand sacrifices more than we can handle? Just get the hell out as fast as you can. And drag that stupid keeper with you.

It sure may be, but I really think B is the only choice that makes sense. We're superstitious, primitive people. We worship the fire spirit. We have found this place where fire burns brighter than ever. There's a pool of liquid fire with a glowing red gem in the middle.

No sane person would go and choose b, but we're not cultured people who believe in reason. From a rp point of view, really, there's no other choice imo :)

oscar

Arcane
It's just one priest. Let him go in. Not to mention it will be a good test of this Fire Spirit.

Who knows, he might even succeed.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I actually hope that he will get us the bright gem, this is why I voted B.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
B.

Best result - we get our own lava-walking gem-holding Jesus
Worst - fire walk with me

Cassidy

Arcane
A.

You're starting to think and act like Lemmings and other beings below even a manboon, let alone a titanium bone Neanderthal.

:rpgcodex:

Project: Eternity
Dang you for writing an interesting story. I promised myself that I would not care, would not get involved after Grotsnick broke my heart.....but....Go for B either the priest lives and we are made stronger, or the priest dies and the weak religion starts to go with it.

For ease of counting.

B) let the priest go to the fire spirit.

Curufinwe

Learned
A great victory for option B (6 for A, 18 for B, 0 for C. At least you're brave.) And here I thought I was dealing with rational, educated people... instead you're a bunch of fanatics!

The fanatics, helped by the departure of the hunters and scouts, could easily overpower and hold still the other men who had moved to obey the militia chief's orders. The keeper of fire kept walking forward slowly as in a trance, heedless of the shouts and physical attempts to stop him. He crept nearer and nearer to the red liquid pool. Blisters started appearing on the militia chief's skin, but still he tried to stop the keeper, whose strength seemed inhuman.

The keeper stepped into the liquid....

In the meanwhile...

The day at camp had been stifling hot. The wildlife was silent, no birds could be heard, the tribe was taking care of its chores without energy. Everyone was waiting for news from the exploring expedition, yet none were yet coming.

Suddenly, from the river's bend, a scout came running. He went to the eldest and, breathlessly, gave a report: 'Men are coming from the plains... they are on the back of strange animals, similar to our zebras yet different.... there are only a few, but they are heading straight here....'

The militia was immediately armed and put on alert, and the tribe waited. A short time passed, then the strangers were spotted. They indeed were on top of beasts who looked like our zebras, but taller, their fur not the striped black and white we were so familiar with but of various colors, brown, black, white. There were less than ten of them.

Vevfn.jpg

They appeared to be armed only with dull stone clubs, dressed in rough furs, carrying a few belongings in animal skin bags strapped to their backs. They approached slowly, arriving in front of the militia. Then they climbed down from their animals.

Their leader, a huge man, left his club on the ground and walked in front of our warriors. He raised his hands up, and spoke: 'Greetings, tribe of the obsidian embers. We come in peace, bearing a warning from the Seer of the Mountains. I humbly seek permission to speak with your elder council. Do not be scared of our beasts, they are our companions and do our biddings.'

Only silence answered him. In the back, the elders talked.

A. The eldest said: 'Strange men indeed. And what is this seer they speak of? We should hear them out to learn what they want.'
B. One of the former war instructors grimaced: 'They know who we are and where we are, while we know nothing of them. I don't like this. We should immediately attack them and grab their beasts.'
C. Another of the elders chuckled: 'Yes, their knowledge speaks of deceit. But if those animals are as fast as our zebras, we will never get them. We should invite them in and exploit their apparent peaceful intentions to catch them off-guard. But we should not kill them. We should capture them and force them to tell all the truth.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A. They knew exactly where we were and somehow knew our tribe's name (was it decided already?). We should listen their warnings and try to initiate trade. No point angering unknown tribe.

Curufinwe: Could you show final vote count in the beginning of every update?

Vernydar

Learned
A

First, these strange people know something about us. And I want to hear what they want to tell us. How did they know who we are? What do they want?
There is always time to turn hostile, but right now we may be smarter and be amicable. We might even make allies or trading partners.

Curufinwe

Learned
Curufinwe: Could you show final vote count in the beginning of every update?

Oook. This one seems to have gone A: 6 B:18 C:0 Will edit the post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom