Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Omerta : City of Gangsters promises serious incline... and fails

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
By the makers of Tropico 3&4.​
What I see in the videos surprises me. An open world turn based isometric game in a great setting (prohibition), with graphics, character portraits, etc that don't suck (in fact they look great!). Tropico meets Jagged Alliance? This could become a real surprise!!​
The game is scheduled for February 2013.

Wargamer has a feature

Feel free to post more gameplay videos etc if you locate them.​

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=15467

Die Spielwelt ist zu jeder Zeit begrenzt auf den jeweiligen Distrikt in dem man gerade spielt, egal ob Sandbox oder Kampagne. Es finden keine Veraenderungen in abgeschlossenen Missionen/Stadtteilen statt.

This means you're playing one district at a time, so JA2 it ain't :(

It's something which I don't like. But already suspected this from the videos / info. It would have been too great if the campaign could be played totally open ended like in Arulco.

Khor1255

Arcane
Omerta? 3d isometric? Is someone trying to communicate something?

Must look out for this one.

Norfleet

Looks fake. It looks like someone took videos from another game and photoshopped them, because I remember seeing this game before, years ago (only I remember it being bad). Seems like one of those videos where people composite and modify shots of other games to depict their concept of a fictional game or movie that doesn't really exist. The Youtube is full of these.

knightley

Educated
Reminds me of Silent Storm. Though given the devs' background in simulation games and a game has a fixed budget, I wonder how many resources they are putting into the turn based tactics part of the game. It certainly does not look like a core game play, more like a bullet point feature or mini game.
Happy to be proven wrong though, moderately excited.

spectre

Arcane

Here's some beta gameplay.
Looks a bit rough around the edges in the interface department, but overall, a positive first impression.

knightley

Educated
Looks like Solomon's xcom cover system with tiny shield symbols around walls and crates....
:rage:
And also the same abuse of RNG, the dude missed 4 times in point blank range. (22:02)

Nice visual though, like the atmosphere.

sser

Arcane
Developer
This looks much improved. I'm a big fan of Gangsters and Mob Rule, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. RPG mechanics, status effects, ToEE combat style, leveling up and perks, managing an empire... aw, yeah.

gromit

Arcane
That guy was kind of inattentive. Clicks right through a dialogue that says "look for the Eye icon to investigate" or something, and says "how am I supposed to find Squibs?" Gleefully ignores the awesome-looking and much-appreciated "you can do something from here" indicators along the move path and whines about not having a shot. Ignores a voice-over talking about him losing his fingers -- "does that guy have just two fingers?" etc etc. "Why would I want to rent?" I DON'T KNOW, CLICK THE FUCKING THING SO IT GOES TO THAT CONFIRMATION SCREEN THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

spectre

Arcane
knightley said:
And also the same abuse of RNG, the dude missed 4 times in point blank range. (22:02)
I "think" it was partly because of cover.

gromit said:
That guy was kind of inattentive. Clicks right through a dialogue that says "look for the Eye icon to investigate" or something, and says "how am I supposed to find Squibs?" Gleefully ignores the awesome-looking and much-appreciated "you can do something from here" indicators along the move path and whines about not having a shot. Ignores a voice-over talking about him losing his fingers -- "does that guy have just two fingers?" etc etc. "Why would I want to rent?" I DON'T KNOW, CLICK THE FUCKING THING SO IT GOES TO THAT CONFIRMATION SCREEN THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING
Yeah, the guy behaves as if it's the first game he's ever played in his life... which is mildly annoying. Thankfully you can fast forward when you see him bumbling. Though I positively raged when he couldn't be bothered to check the tooltips and see what the various options are doing. It seems true that anything more complex than a yes/no button baffles modern gamers.

bonescraper

Day one fucking purchase (since i can't pre-order :()
:bounce:

Eddard Stark

Educated
Reminds me of a late 90s game called Legal Crime.
Looking good so far, will keep my fingers crossed.

bonescraper

Watch some retards playing co-op. If you've seen some pre-release XCOM footage with dumbfucks playing it wrong, you've seen nothing yet. It's truly disturbing. You have been warned.

Interesting

Educated
bonescraper, as soon as the video started I heard the goofy "okie dokie" and thought "ooook", but then I kept watching and as soon as the game started, first thing he does is take a shot... then I closed it

sser

Arcane
Developer
You can pre-order this from GMG for about $20 right now. Mulling it over. Intensely.

Saduj

Arcane
Been waiting for this one for a while. Then I watched about 2 mins of the vid bonescraper posted and it made the game look like ass. The publisher should put a cease and desist on those imbeciles.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Omerta? 3d isometric? Is someone trying to communicate something?

Must look out for this one.
OFF TOPIC....But... I just picked this up (was on gog) based on this thread- Tried to do the tutorial but it was not really a tutorial, it just start a game I think (I even had to click around just to see how to get off the "tutorial" data screen and see the city.

Anyhow, is it worth playing? Is it worth , you know, actually having to read the Manuel and learn to play since it is not intuitive in the least?

ON TOPIC- This game (the Omerta gangster game) looks kind of cool but IDK... I guess its something I would grab at a discount but... I do LOVE the idea. A Gangster strategy/rpg would be freaking awesome but watching the Multiplayer stuff...IDK...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom