Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Olympus 2207 - fan-made Fallout total conversion

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a strange feeling we need to make something for English translation of both of those mods. I'm wondering if there are enough Russian speaking users here on Codex to make it happen?

As I said - it is more tech-related problem for me, then anything else (not talking about my language skills that isn't the best).
Maybe some Pope Amole II could translate it, but I have a feeling that he had not the slightest interest in this.

Viata

Arcane

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why you picked from two Olimpus? I just don't understand it, why not clearly superior FN.
I didn't pick.

vitamin asked me to find info about English translation of Olympus. I searched, talked to the dev and to the guys from AoD team aaaaand the project started.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well... I understand that this would postpone result with Nevada but I can't force myself to translate what I don't like or just not favour.
Or maybe later I'll get willpower for that.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
No, the visual design in Olympus is quite unique in comparison with other FO2 mods. But I would say that it is actually the best feature of this TC. Almost all sprites and tiles are new or heavily retouched. Olympus has a certain dieselpunk vibe which I really enjoyed. Even the power armor in Olympus is diesel-powered:lol:. I find the weapons sprites especially cool.

Writing itself isn't very good, but passable. The main problem of Olympus is the lack of structure and coherency. The different locations just feel unconnected and differ too much in style. It's like the usual Fallout2 incoherence, but squared and doubled. Story doesn't give any motivation for PC in the last parts of the game. And closer to the end the narration just falls apart.

FoN is defenetely more :obviously:. It has far more content and its quality and coherency are also higher. But on the other hand, FoN heavily relies on the already existing setting of Fallout, while Olympus offers something new.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm p. sure the visual design is the same for any FO2 TC mod. Unless something is being lost in translation here.
I mean I don't like how it look. New models, armor, etc.

FoN is defenetely more :obviously:. It has far more content and its quality and coherency are also higher. But on the other hand, FoN heavily relies on the already existing setting of Fallout, while Olympus offers something new.
Yep. And note that I said (or did I?) - it is worth attention clearly because many like Olimpus, but main point was that FN is better, not that Olimpus "bad bad wolfy".

Last edited:

Deadass

Savant
nigga that did nevada translation is also doing this shit now
qYYUXd5.png

TOAYOI7.png

jLmLKiF.png

AdolfSatan

Arcane
That's... fairly broken tbh, but at this point anything readable will be more than welcome.

Black Angel

Arcane
That's... fairly broken tbh, but at this point anything readable will be more than welcome.
Which is why we need bros who are fluent in Ruslish and Engsians to stop squatting and starts editing !! :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom