Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Olympus 2207 - fan-made Fallout total conversion

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
While you're waiting for Van Buren, fucking russians make new gaems on Fallout 2 engine. Olympus 2207 was released 26.12, but I'm not gonna make a separate thread to tell about this shite (Edit: nevermind, I hate you Codex).
http://olympus2207.com/

Russian rpgs. Russian rpgs never change.
:negative:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I suppose its too much to ask, but is there an English translation?

Edit:
There appears to be an English demo!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I suppose its too much to ask, but is there an English translation?

Edit:
There appears to be an English demo!

AFAIK, russian-only for now. Hey, you should be grateful. People report a shitton of bugs, among other things (like pixel-hunting and stupid national humor). I couldn't play this for long too.

Maybe some other russian-speaking Codexer would dare to test it out. I've got a PTSD.

More screenshots and stuff:
https://2ch.hk/vg/res/9385444.html

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
082248-vladimir-putin.jpg

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
That's bad it's only in Russian, this one is best looking and most interesting Fallout mod so far (imo).
I'll give it a try when they fix some bugs.

Drowed

Arcane
Wasn't someone doing something similar years ago? I remember some post about a modder doing a total conversion of Fallout too, and in english.

Well, anyways... Until someone translates it, no game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Damn, another promosing mod still not translated.
I vaguely remember playing demo, some stuff is pretty obscure and stink old Sierra. i'll pas until patched+translated+guide+on Steam Sale+bundle

Fallout of Nevada and Fallout 1.5 Ressurection still slowly translated.
Maybe it's time to play Fallout Awaken and Enclave for Tactics?

Fargus

Arcane
I think it's translated by now.

I play the russian version tho. It was worth to suffer through a shitty and boring Fallout3'esque prologue, because after i left the Tartarus awesome things started to happen. And so far it was fucking cool. For example my character calls some blacks i see in game a nigger or a negro (you can play as a black guy as well, and i think it affects dialogue of certain characters). Which is ironic because mainchar's father (not biological obviously if you're a white guy) is black. After i killed a black pimp who tried to punish a defiant prostitute, his friend got angry and i just made the situation even worse when i said "We shouldn't fight because of some dead nigger who tried to act tough, but couldn't handle a real fight". You can also help to the said pimp instead of killing him, and your character would suggest that he should rape a prostitute as a punishment, while your character restrains her ;)

Also there was a sick fucking ghoul who killed his friend using a hand grenade while he was in a shitter, then he tried to use radiation to make him a ghoul too. Unsurprisingly it didn't worked. My speech skill was too low so i didn't waste time on him.

Some fights are really hard even on normal, and its extremely hard to get money early in game. But i think the loot and container status (locked\unlocked) is randomized.

Also there is constant radiation system unless you're playing on easy. When you travel across the map, you slowly get rads, you also increase you radiation by just waiting via "pipboy" (called organizer in game) in most of the places. And i think if your rad level will be like 500 you pernanently lose some stats. So it's a good idea to be stacked with anti rad medication.

And of course there is "Casanova" skill, that only affects chicks :) And you can't play as a female character in this game haha

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
I don't see any mention of an English version on the site? It does show an English Demo?

Yeah, sorry. My bad. My friend said it was translated on english in 1.1, so i took his word seriously. I hope Olympus will be translated soon. Such awesomeness shouldn't be isolated from the rest of the world.

vitamin

Augur
Any news on English version of this mod? I just watched some vids on YT and it looks fantastic. Would love to play it one day.

Russian review:

BTW, anyone played it already, and care to write a short review (in English that is) ?

... and stupid national humor

Chosen comrade! Our village is dying! We have run out of vodka and The Capitalist Enclave of the West is encroaching on our radioactive motherland's bossoms! You must find a GPBK, the Garden of Putin Brewing Kit! Go now and do not return until you have united the mutants of the wastes into the next international proletariat!

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I've played it. It's a good enough TC, I've enjoyed it. But there are better ones (Fallout 1.5, Fallout of Nevada).

It feels ambitious, but at the same time - unfinished and unpolished. Developers have cool ideas, but lack talent and resources.

Art is awesome, music is good. Dialogues, quests and gameplay - rather meh. My Russian isn't perfect, but I think writing in Fallout of Nevada is better. The main problem is lack of structure and coherency. Different locations feel unconnected and differ too much in style. It's like usual Fallout2 incoherence, but squared and doubled. Story doesn't give any motivation for PC in the last part of the game. Closer to the end narration just falls apart.

vitamin

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Fallout 1.5 English translation is almost finished. Hopefully, it will be released by July.
As for Fallout of Nevada, there were some attempts to translate it, but they all went nowhere.

vitamin my advice then, don't dump Strength stat and don't take Small Frame trait. There are real problems with Carry Weight in Olympus, and lack of joinable NPCs makes it even more vital.

Last edited:

vitamin

Augur
Thanks for the tip. I'll be playing 1.5 first and 2207 will be on the waiting list. To be honest, I would rather wait for English version, as my Russian (reading that is) is utter shit. I got Russian dictionary which I bought for playing some Stalker mods but I'm guessing there is much more text to read/translate in 2207 than in any Stalker mod.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
1.5 is in Czech which means latin letters and far easier task to translate; I played Fallout in Nevada for a bit but cant even understand what those quests are about... writing seems to be good though from those parts I was able to decipher. Shame its not going to be translated.

vitamin

Augur
Well, it may be "pretty mediocre" from the story point of view, but hey, those new art look freaking fantastic. These guys deserve much wider audience and recognition for the splendid work they made.

qFgN9AUvZV4.jpg

Also I found a topic on AoP about this mod, and here's an opinion of one guy:

Pros: 1. A LOT of new critter animations, some of them inspired by Fallot3/NV critters. Actually ALL critters are new.
2. A LOT of new scenery art, and much was inspired by F3/NV again.
3. Cool and stylish inventory pics.
4. Generally awesome game if you manage to go past boring starting location that tells you some game lore and stuff.
5. Cool quests and other event scripting.
Cons: 1. All new character animations are male only. You can't play as female.
2. Considering how much new artwork was done, it is shame that game itself is very short and locations is too small.
3. You can play after a final battle, but there is nothing to do, and there is only one caravan driver. And there is no encounter variety.
4. It's small. Yes, again. Too small.
5. Devs should have used fOnline engine, it's not open source, but still there is much more chances to negotiate with Cvet, than with Bethesda about commercial release. Yeah, i know, do not want.

[source]

I have a strange feeling we need to make something for English translation of both of those mods. I'm wondering if there are enough Russian speaking users here on Codex to make it happen?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom