Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I once couldn't start my car because it wasn't in Park. However, I was wondering, what if once I put it in park I still can't start it?!

What pisses me off is every time I launch an "attack" (granted, my attacks are more like pinpricks/softdicks), someone else just happens to be attacking that person en masse, depriving me of my brief moment of glory.

This stupid ass Sarcraft thread is still alive? Damn hombres get a fucking life, you basement dwelling losers. Holy fuck, i know the good ol' RP genre is about dead but holy fuck get on with your lives.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
KC kicked my arse. Twice. :( I gotta get my game back.

Or at least, figure out how to expand as a Protoss. Or stop playing Protoss maybe.

And for the record, I can't join a game with more than 3 players. Anymore than that and SC lags to hell. We thought we'd figured it out for a while there but the lag returned.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I would suggest playing as something else. EVERYONE plays Protoss ('cause they're cheesy and overpowered). Meta, Nicolai, SMT, etc. As far as I know Kreide is the only Terran player and I'm usually the only Zerg. And Kreide has been AWOL for like two weeks.

edit-
And in response to the IRC once I left, of course I can be beaten. Kraszu has done it every time I've fought him except for one team game and I have about a 1:1 record against Metallix.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuckin' lies! Lies! I play Zerg more often than you. They're so lovely and huggable! But then again, I suck.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
The_Nameless_Prick said:
This stupid ass Sarcraft thread is still alive? Damn hombres get a fucking life, you basement dwelling losers. Holy fuck, i know the good ol' RP genre is about dead but holy fuck get on with your lives.

10027181zq6.jpg

Kraszu

Prophet
Protoss aren't overpowered they are easiest to use in ffa through imo but zergs are good also, terran don't have units that could vs both protoss or zerg he have to specialize to fight one of those races so it is hard to play whit it ffa often.

In 1v1 it is balanced but it depends on map also, popular maps are decently balanced. The reason why you think it is unbalanced is because you don't know haw to counter what is your opponent doing.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
kingcomrade said:
I would suggest playing as something else. EVERYONE plays Protoss ('cause they're cheesy and overpowered). Meta, Nicolai, SMT, etc. As far as I know Kreide is the only Terran player and I'm usually the only Zerg. And Kreide has been AWOL for like two weeks.

edit-
And in response to the IRC once I left, of course I can be beaten. Kraszu has done it every time I've fought him except for one team game and I have about a 1:1 record against Metallix.

I play random like a real man, I dont pick one race and become good at them becuase thats like having an overly large finger while all your other fingers are normal size. The only good reason to have an overally large finger is to buttfuck your self like you do everynight :)

Fez

Erudite
That looks like TNP is living in a basement or attic space.

Get on with your life or TNP will take it away.

True manly players go for the random option in these games to keep it interesting. :pooper:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The reason why you think it is unbalanced is because you don't know haw to counter what is your opponent doing.
There's not much Zerg CAN do to counter psi storm or reavers, or turret farms at expansions. The reason I think it is imbalanced is because if Toss has more than one of these units they can take out entire Zerg armies for little to no cost. If psi storm were a 100 mana spell things might be a little bit more balanced, but if you have 3 high templar that's 6 psi storms, usually, and no Zerg unit has the range to counter that except guardians which are expensive meat in the face of psi storm.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
You gotta keep in mind Protoss and Terran are bitches to expand. Psi Storm is purely defensive. Using it effectively in an offensive attack is pretty difficult. So while a Protoss can hold off an entire Zerg army, it can't respond as quickly as a Zerg can. Zerg's can naturally expand too. So while a Protoss is struggling to build all the buildings they need to get their units out, a Zerg just builds more hatcheries to have more units. Given you have to build hatcheries anyway, building them near more resources is a no brainer. That way a Zerg will have more resources. Resources = win.

Looking at our replays kc, you've got huge amounts of resources yet you're not using them. You should definately be upgrading and you could probably throw in an Ultralisk or two into your attacks. Ultralisk vs Psi Storm and the Ultralisk wins. You also don't get many Hydralisks. Not that that specifically matters mind you.

In short, a Protoss can hold a Zerg off (Psi Storm was made to counter Zerg - without it a Protoss has no hope) but turning that victory around is the tough part. Hence that game we had where I raped your base with 8 Zealots but then couldn't capitalise on it. I'd held you off but you'd completely taken out my economy. I had to re-build. Where-as you still had hatcheries all over the map that allowed you to re-build quickly and win.

I like Protoss because they require a lot of finesse about their style. You're micro-managing Reavers, Templars and various units into attack. Zerg I find easier because all you really need to do is build units and attack. I see you use Queens and things like Plague and so on but Zerg don't really need that. It just needlessly complicates the "I have more units than you" factor.

Terran meanwhile are defensive (tanks, mines). The downside I find with them is that their supply depots take up a huge amount of room and you run out of map space in your base building all the supply depots you need. You also end up building them together which allows someone to fly over your base. What annoys me the most though is Protoss don't have any good air units like the Zerg Mutalisk so taking out a Terran is a bitch. The Terran player can control the ground, mine the place (with mines which he can walk over quite happily while you're fucked) and simply hold you down.

If you guys did what the rest of us noobs did though and instead of playing ZOMG real resources and expanding maps, played some of the infinite resource maps and then had rules like "no rush 20 mins", you'd find more of you are able to get an army together and actually have fun, instead of being raped all the time by the guy who's got the build order down pat.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I disagree with most of what you said. High Templar and Reavers are easy to use on offense since Zerg has no units with significant range and approaching such an army is suicide. Protoss have two excellent air units: Carriers and Corsairs. Corsairs are just about the best air unit for cost and they totally rape Mutalisks, they're fast enough to evade Hydralisks (they're fast enough to evade scourge!! scourge are only like .1% faster), and have more hit points than a tank (for the same cost). They even build quickly.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Getting enough Carriers in low resource maps is tough though. Presuming the other player is keeping his game on against you. Corsairs are great at air units but I'm talking about air vs ground. Terran have strong ground units in Tanks and Vultures. Zerg can counter with Mutalisks on th cheap quite easily. For a Protoss to counter is much harder. Scouts aren't effective at ground units and by the time you get a Carrier (or enough scouts), the Terran is sending Goliaths at you. That leaves Dragoons and Zealots as Reavers don't have the range when compared to tanks.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
kingcomrade said:
I would suggest playing as something else. EVERYONE plays Protoss ('cause I can't handle them). Meta, Nicolai, SMT, etc. As far as I know Kreide is the only Terran player and I'm usually the only Zerg. And Kreide has been AWOL for like two weeks.

Hey now, the only reason I play Protoss is the fact that it's the race of choice for the dignified professional.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
We use Hamachi. The newest version doesn't work for Starcraft play, however. I think the version we use is 1.0.1.5. I don't have a link to the older version but I think Dark Underlord does.

ixg

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
I would suggest playing as something else. EVERYONE plays Protoss ('cause I can't handle them). Meta, Nicolai, SMT, etc. As far as I know Kreide is the only Terran player and I'm usually the only Zerg. And Kreide has been AWOL for like two weeks.

I've been playing only terran for a while now, mang

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom