Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Casualties -> acceptable? Sure, let's send them all straight into the meat grinders.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I think I found out why I get the black screen when I use the BWLauncher. On their forums it says that a lot of antivirus programs think BWL is a virus and shuts it down. I'm going to try playing with my virus thing turned off and see if that works.

edit - a clean install and turning it off worked, but the thing sometimes works anyways so I don't know if anything actually changed. I will continue using it until it black screens me again.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Okay is there a command to turn off that stupid Suspicious Action thing? I'm tired of having to unpause the stupid thing every time the Terran miraculously comsats the enemy hatchery, which isn't exactly a small target nor a mobile one.

Kraszu

Prophet
kingcomrade said:
Okay is there a command to turn off that stupid Suspicious Action thing? I'm tired of having to unpause the stupid thing every time the Terran miraculously comsats the enemy hatchery, which isn't exactly a small target nor a mobile one.

In bwlauncher deselect StarCraft Extension. It doesn't notice using comsat it mark action as suspicius when somebody select anything that is not in his units view I think.

As for corsairs muta anty air mutation is good against them.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well I need the SC Extension to watch most of the replays. I was wondering if there was a command (like fpplay 0 for that first person nonsense) to turn it off.

Atrokkus

Erudite
There IS a way to load a special config program for the penguin plug, that runs along with the plugin-injected starcracft. I did load it up once and tweaked some options (even included APM indicator that is live during your play and replay playback), and i think there was several optioins pertaining to the anti-hack functionality.

And yes, watching replays (even plain ones) and observing live games is so much better with penguin plugin on. Whle observing you can actually see what units players are building or what they are upgrading and what do they have in their dropships. Though I think I know why korean proleagues dont use penguin plug in commentary and specatating -- sometimes it's real fun NOT to know what the player has in his dropship :) (like that fun two-dropship drop.... 2 scvs while everyone expected a tide-turning drop).

Good news is that in the new SC patch (1.15), the penguin plug features (such as first-person replays, chat in replays, etc) will be integrated into the game (actually, the replay function itself was a new feature once, it came with some patch and wasnt included in the retail version). Now that would be awesome.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
goliath_walk2.gif

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Here's a replay of me killing a couple of newbs in a 2v1. Was so easy it's barely worth posting, but what the hey. I let one of them nuke me a lot so that he would feel good about himself, cause I'm just that nice of a guy.
Nico & ixg get raped

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So basically, Metallix is the only one here who knows how to play? I wish I didn't have lag issues. :(

Oh and in that replay, SlavemasterT wins because the other two quit. Looking at it, I don't see why ixg didn't attack. Nor why Nicolai didn't use his second Command Center and build up on the plateau (or get Vultures, or actually build any sort of army at all, for that matter). From playing Metallix, Nicolai could've put up a decent fight by laying mines everywhere and having a siege tank or two.

You guys should also stop playing the nubs maps with limited resources. As I said, only people who know what they're doing play those (IE: Koreans). Look for maps like Big Game Hunters which have unlimited resources. It's much more fun when everyone gets to build up giant armies instead of running out of resources after building 12 guys and a factory.

What time are you guys on tomorrow? I want to see if I still have lag issues.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
DarkUnderpants said:
Oh and in that replay, SlavemasterT wins because the other two quit.
No, I won because I sucked marginally less than my opposition, which is a tried-and-true method used for winning wars.

DarkUnderlord said:
You guys should also stop playing the nubs maps with limited resources. As I said, only people who know what they're doing play those (IE: Koreans). Look for maps like Big Game Hunters which have unlimited resources. It's much more fun when everyone gets to build up giant armies instead of running out of resources after building 12 guys and a factory.
We hardly ever play the kind of map we did that game; Nico picked that one at random, I think because it was a 3 player map. And if you think that unlimited resources and gigantic armies are fun, then I oh-so-hope you get to play a huge resource island map with Nico, where his true talents will really shine...

DarkUnderlord said:
If you just want to do a couple of lag-tests, I'm available now and will be for at least a fair while longer, though I don't want to start sacrificing my day to actual games quite yet. SC activity generally starts picking up between 3:00 and 7:00 Eastern Time here in the US, but there's a wide range since the players are scattered all over the world.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I tried to play Starcraft with ixg and mathboy, but after the game started, I was present with a black screen that did not go away.

I'm guessing that this is a Hamachi issue, since all of my other games that I play online work fine.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
OccupatedVoid said:
I tried to play Starcraft with ixg and mathboy, but after the game started, I was present with a black screen that did not go away.

I'm guessing that this is a Hamachi issue, since all of my other games that I play online work fine.
Don't impugn Hamachi, it has worked almost flawlessly for us. Doing a 2-second diagnosis, I would say the problem is that you tards didn't join the same network: you're on codex-arena, and mathboy is on kingcomrade's kool klub, while only the crafty veteran amongst you, ixg, has wisely joined both.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The black screen issue is with the Brood War Launcher. I'm betting you have an antivirus program running, like Norton or Symantec? It thinks Brood War Launcher is a virus and so stops the process when you start a game. You have to turn it off when you use the BWL. I had the same problem until I started turning off my Symantec.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
DarkUnderlord said:
So basically, Metallix is the only one here who knows how to play? I wish I didn't have lag issues. :(

Oh and in that replay, SlavemasterT wins because the other two quit. Looking at it, I don't see why ixg didn't attack. Nor why Nicolai didn't use his second Command Center and build up on the plateau (or get Vultures, or actually build any sort of army at all, for that matter). From playing Metallix, Nicolai could've put up a decent fight by laying mines everywhere and having a siege tank or two.

I'll play you faggot. Don't blame lag for not wanting to show your suckness.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
Yes. That's when the Brood War Launcher kicks in. Turn off your antivirus program.
Ok. I have turned it off, and I will try again.

But, what if it still does not work?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom