Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
threadnecromancyqn6.jpg

Just necromancy?

Or anybody actually wanna play?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've tried playing SC with my friends, but Starcraft is too outdated for their computers, if they try going to the network menu the game crashes.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
kingcomrade said:
I've tried playing SC with my friends, but Starcraft is too outdated for their computers, if they try going to the network menu the game crashes.
wut?
What is their spec? What OS? I launched it even on Ubuntu with no problems?

We may try to hook up in battle.net europe server.

Atrokkus

Erudite
He's probably referring to the Vista problem that involves DEP blocking starcraft out, but KC, despite being a fuckin CS major, can't even elaborate properly. The solution is disabling DEP (shutting down UAC beforehand ofc). But of course it could be other issues, can't be determined at this point.

NOW

NOW!

Regarding the Hamachi problem ya'all keep getting:

You need to use ForceBindIP [download here].
- Install it
- install any version of Hamachi
- Launch Hamachi, connect to designated network
- Now the important part: edit the starcraft shortcut as follows:
Enter this before the file location string: ForceBindIP.exe 5.xxx.xxx.xxx (where 5.xxx.xxx.xxx is your IP in Hamachi)
so it looks like this (for example):
ForceBindIP.exe 5.xxx.xxx.xxx "D:\Games\Starcraft\StarCraft.exe"

I have tested it a little, but I don't know how it'll work for you so give it a whirl.
If anything, I'm at #fallout, up for a game or two once in a while.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Me, I'm cool with bnet, but not everyone here has a cdkey. Also there used to be connection issues in bnet, for me at least... don't know about now.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I haven't played more or less seriously since, i dunno, 2006? or early 2007 with kraszu, kc and others.

Which is why the replays are for older versions and might glitch on the current one, but maybe not... sendin...

AzraelCC

Scholar
I play regularly on garena. Where do you guys play? bnet is fine, but it's hard to coordinate games there. I'm at 1.16 patch already if anyone wants to play.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Okay, we tested this IPbind thingie with ixg, just a couple of minutes ago. Works just fine.

Install the latest version of Hamachi, just so as to be compatible with the rest of us.
And latest SC patch of course, and you're ready to go.

For matchmaking go to #fallout at irc.gamesurge.net, as usual

sirfink

Scholar
I was gonna post something clever about living in Korea and Starcraft being like a national sport here and, aw hell, I just wanted to post picks of hot Korean chicks:

IMG_0821.JPG

SlavemasterT

Arcane
sirfink said:
I was gonna post something clever about living in Korea and Starcraft being like a national sport here and, aw hell, I just wanted to post picks of hot Korean chicks:
Not only did you falsely get my hopes up about possible SC matches, you also failed to deliver the consolation prize of hot chicks.

You, sir, are a massive faggot.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
skyway said:
Do we have a KKKodex hamachi network other than ever empty #fallout?
On the rare occasions that the cold corpse of Codex Gaming twitches and we actually do something, we usually just create a new Hamachi network (takes about 2 seconds). I think the old ones might still exist, but I'm not sure anyone remembers the passwords at this point.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
This thread appears to be long since dead, but I was wondering if anyone on the codex is still up for some SC whether it be via hamachi, battle.net, or some other unofficial server. PM me or post in the thread.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Battlenet is ridiculous! Oh well what can you expect from a game released over a decade ago.

Since two patches ago, it's wicked hard to join or host a game. Start game, open close slot, refresh game, alt-s, remake, hope someone doesn't use drophack, hope there's no disconnect. C'mon Blizzard all that money you making from WoWcrack and you can't keep your old stable of games together?

PM me 'flabbyjack' on USWest every damn day

AzraelCC

Scholar
Ever tried Garena? Has a fairly large community and lots of good players. Just download and create an account on their website. Everything is free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom