Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

I getting the game now. Since I have never played it, I'm gonna practice for a while and start using my brain in RTS mode. Hell, I'm sure I have enough brain cells left to be a worthy opponent. Might make my e-penis bigger. :lol:

SlavemasterT

Arcane
<Nicolai> Maybe if you get SMT to write me a poem and post it on the Codex

Clouds of carriers
Darken the sky and her soul
Turtle hides in vain

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sovy Kurosei said:
The campaign is a poor teacher and you pick up bad habits like turtling up, not expanding and not executing early game rushes like you have to in multiplayer. Plus you can take your namby, pamby time in the campaign. After killing enough units the mission turns into a game of mop-up as you slowly scour the playing field looking to destroy each and every building in order to complete the mission.
That's a good point.

I remember my first (and only) MP broodwar match:
I was just building Goliaths and my first fighters when the Zerg player appeared with a huge swarm of Mutalisks that tore through my base, wiping out all resistance within seconds.
He then expressed surprise at my weakness, stating he'd just meant to check out what I was up to.
The worst part is I had focused on AA defense to no avail.

I'm not even entirely sure what I could've done to be more well prepared. I probably didn't produce enough SCVs from the start and didn't have a strong enough industry to keep pace.

Müg

Scholar
It was my first time, I have few regrets.

My playing wasn't completely incompetent, but I was a bit micromanaging things.

Alexander_

Novice
Brought to you by popular demand (just SMT actually) -- the defeat of Poop and Mug by ixg and yours truly.

Highlights include:

Mug builds a medium sized fleet of carriers, unable to avert attention from something eventually sees that fleet go out in a blaze as heroic wraiths and marines storm in and make short work of the sitting ducks.

Soon afterwards, Poop experiences a massive drop in supply followed by methodical harassment of the amassed lings and hydras but still prefers to brazen it out throughout the final minutes of his imminent doom.

Linky.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Yeah, I can't think of anything else that could be responsible for last night's problems. On the other hand, if it was some Hamachi-wide issue, then the odds are good that it'll be addressed at some point. Unless the reason we're having troubles is because we're still using the old version...

Anyone know of similar software we could use?

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Moved by guilt, I finally am compelled to admit that I cheated in this contest of wits between imbeciles: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SL6R1ZZT

You have to have the older 1.14 version to view it, but it's worth it, at least if you enjoy the insane babblings of incapacitated nutjobs. Pooper, all I can say is I'm so, so sorry for betraying your trust.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Destroid said:
Why don't you just use one of the unofficial battlenet servers?
a) No one wants to play anymore anyway,
b) We often have (had) mangy pirates playing who don't have proper keys, and
c) Our limited attempts to utilize Battlenet were plagued with odd connection problems

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is 170 ping enough for starcraft? If i remmember correctly 130 was norm. If 170 is enough, we may ask to run pvpgn on rpgcodex. Or am I saying some bullshit?

Destroid

Arcane
a) unnoficial Bnet servers are for people without legit copies.

b) 170 should be fine, bad ping isnt TOO much of a handicap in rts (I used to comfortably play over modem on bnet when SC was new).

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Meta, couldn't you have come up with some less convoluted way of putting this together so that a year and half down the line we weren't getting fucked with having to download bizarre old stripped-down versions of things to resurrect Codex gaming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom