Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official 'dex Dwarf Fortress Thread

Balor

Arcane
  • Stopped people from being enough to satisfy a need to see great beasts
As always, DF bugfix logs deliver.

Perkel

Arcane
Shame it doesn't have that juicy magic in yet. I wonder if this is in next few months update or we need to wait another year for it.

New magic and myth system is complete game changer imo.

Perkel

Arcane
As expected from Toady. A whole update dedicatedto one thing he expanded to the max, and absolutely useless and irrelevant to the game.

Ton of fun in DF fortress comes from various artifacts dwarves can create and outfit dwarves with. This gives ability for non player created artifacts that creatures outside of player controlled creatures. This means that those goblins who stole that lead artifact hammer can use it against you. Now thanks to hairloom system there can be civil wars and people will fight eatch other in your own fort for various artifacts. Secondly you can now send dwarves on various missions like recovering stolen babies, artifacts.

Magic will be rare I'm guessing?

It will be completely unbalanced and it won't follow any traditional conventions of magic in games. Magic will work as folklore created from gods, demons, events, and world creation rather than something which is created by humans or other races.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
IMO this actually is quite important stuff, as it makes your fortress a bigger part of the actual world, not just some instanced piece of it. Artifacts in worldgen and history is also nice.

Incantatar

Cipher
Funny how he progressed the version number by only one. If this continues DF will be finished in only 56 years.

imajia

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
How does raiding work, do you actually control the raiders?
No, you can only choose what you want to do and which squad(s) you want to send. It's pretty simplistic. After your military left your local map, you have to wait until they return. After they return, you get a new announcement of type "m" (mission). This report tells you what happened during the mission.
As far as I can tell there are 3 types of mission
  • raiding a site
  • recovering artefacts
  • freeing prisoners or something like that

crgjAny.png

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02
some fixes:
Major bug fixes
  • Fixed crash from starting in adventure mode as an outsider
  • Fixed world gen crash involving civs attacking ruins that still had livestock
  • Fixed world gen crash involving criminals and arrest
  • Fixed crash from certain description strings
  • Fixed crash involving stressed out wilderness creatures wanting to complain to priests
  • Stopped carried newborns from setting their mothers' paths like riders
  • Stopped flying mount from taking control when it is airborne
  • Fixed broken hearthperson links for adventurers
  • Made animals follow the follow command instead of waiting forever
  • Fixed issues with mount movement after fast travel

Other bug fixes/tweaks
  • Made undead riled up by dwarf raids as with normal civs
  • Starting dwarves pulled from underground cultures no longer start with cave adaptation
  • Stopped non-dwarves from doing w.g. underworld disasters
  • Increased werebeast triggers further to match semi-megabeasts
  • Took quantity into consideration in chargen equipment value
  • Fixed item quality interaction effect range setting
  • Fixed masterpiece quality error in chargen equipment value
  • Allowed legless animal people to pet animals
  • Stopped pets from dropping all packed luggage when they attack
  • Stopped some cases of animals being called recruits after travelling
  • Fixed broken scroll/expand commands in adventurer intrigue log
  • Stopped chargen beliefs from persisting incorrectly when certain options are selected
  • Fixed villain network export from legends (only works for living - no snapshots)
  • Changed Create New World civ number distribution (new numbers suggested by Talvieno)
  • Changed human 'fortress' to 'castle' to avoid confusing with dwarf fortresses
  • Fixed inconsistency in kill name changes
  • Fixed interrogator/conspirator xml
  • Fixed some busted world gen param newlines

Incantatar

Cipher
For anyone interested I made a couple of scripts to change stuff in the game and to easily make a new game playable. This is on linux but can be made workable under Windows/Mac without much hassle. Sed is in GNU-win, bash is in win-bash and the rest https://www.lemoda.net/windows/windows2unix/windows2unix.html

straight_creatures.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Script to make all creatures straight.
# Run in df directory

sed -i 's/\[FEMALE]/\[FEMALE]\n\t\t\[ORIENTATION:MALE:0:0:100]\n\t\t\[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:100:0:0]/g' raw/objects/creature_*.txt
sed -i 's/\[MALE]/\[MALE]\n\t\t\[ORIENTATION:MALE:100:0:0]\n\t\t\[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:0:0:100]/g' raw/objects/creature_*.txt

ini_update.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Script to update ini files in new df install.
# Run in df directory

sed -i 's/\[AUTOSAVE:NONE]/\[AUTOSAVE:SEASONAL]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[AUTOSAVE_PAUSE:NO]/\[AUTOSAVE_PAUSE:YES]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[EMBARK_RECTANGLE:4:4]/\[EMBARK_RECTANGLE:3:3]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[POPULATION_CAP:200]/\[POPULATION_CAP:80]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[VISITOR_CAP:100]/\[VISITOR_CAP:20]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:NO]/\[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
sed -i 's/\[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:NO]/\[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES]/g' data/init/d_init.txt
# sed -i 's/\/\/g' data/init/d_init.txt

# Copy Myne.png to Art folder
cp ~/games/df/essentials/Myne.png data/art/

sed -i 's/\[SOUND:YES]/\[SOUND:NO]/g' data/init/init.txt
sed -i 's/\[INTRO:YES]/\[INTRO:NO]/g' data/init/init.txt
sed -i 's/\[TRUETYPE:24]/\[TRUETYPE:NO]/g' data/init/init.txt
sed -i 's/\[FONT:curses_640x300.png]/\[FONT:Myne.png]/g' data/init/init.txt
sed -i 's/\[FULLFONT:curses_800x600.png]/\[FONT:Myne.png]/g' data/init/init.txt
# sed -i 's/\/\/g' data/init/init.txt

# Copy colors.txt to init folder
rm data/init/colors.txt
cp ~/games/df/essentials/colors.txt data/init/

# Copy embark_profiles.txt to init folder
cp ~/games/df/essentials/embark_profiles.txt data/init/

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Look actually mouse control, notifications, animations, new music. Holy shit bois. I am scared for next few years of my life when it comes. Or next month until i realize that you can't make big fort because fps death.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom