Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Norfleet

You have? Because I checked for a Vaarna and couldn't find one. Perhaps you couldn't be bothered to add to fleet yet, though. But you need the thingamajigy. You can drag your feet all you want afterwards. I know how lazy and shiftless you are.

So what you up to, Vaarna?

Drakron

Arcane
Assuming you mean creating the TOS character and getting that thingamajig with the missions and collectibles checklist, yea I've done that.

Yes, that the absolute minimum, make a character and finish the "Agents of Yesterday" Arc.

Drakron

Arcane
Honestly there isnt much going on now, it seems that they are too busy fucking up the console release so last thing we got was that ground queue and thats about it, even for TOSers they are either wrapping up or rushing to meet the deadline, I only have the Duty Officer system left because shit pays like crap and things are all over the place and there is not much to do.

Drakron

Arcane
Ah that, 2 hours after maintenance and a lot of flack being thrown by the lack of anything about the Anniversary.

I would say "wow, its fucking nothing" and for most part is exactly that ... nothing.

Norfleet

So, nothing for you to see, in other words. You'll just continue to be absent and useless until we finish it for you.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Player numbers must be in trouble, because PWE has played their TRUMP CARD!

The one thing everyone was asking for.

No, not the T6 Connie, it's
Patch notes said:
Added a security officer to New Romulus Command for Duty Officer Assignments.

:hahano:

Took them only, what, 3+ years? Bet some dev did it on his own time at home in the end... :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
Alright folks, its this time of the year again.

WINTER WONDERLAND!

As usual this event is mandatory attendance ... dont try excuses as "its boring", "I am lazy" .. MANDATORY!

Plus you get to witness Cryptic latest attempt at a Dilithium sink, The Phoenix Box!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10287833-phoenix-prize-pack

So I heard you wanted a Red Matter Capacitor? we have you covered (well Very Rare isnt that hard to get, unlike Ultra and Elite) and this would be the chance to get some of the no longer available items from older events, like the Shotgun, plus last time I checked the Dil-Ex was down to 260 from 430, might be the time to get some Zen at a decent rate.

AND VAARNA SHOW UP GOD DAMN IT!

Norfleet

I don't even know what that means. Show the hell up to do your minute of mandogrind or give me all your stuff.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Is this game alive at all? Heard about a console launch, but then it seems support was dropped a lot pc side? Started Secret World, so I don't want to waste time on another MMO unless it is better than that. I am a huge trek fan though.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Alive? Wouldn't really call it that.
It's free, and offers a lot of solo content to feed your Star Trek hunger. Don't buy anything with real moneyz, so all you have lost if you end up not liking it is your time.

Norfleet

Is this game alive at all? Heard about a console launch, but then it seems support was dropped a lot pc side? Started Secret World, so I don't want to waste time on another MMO unless it is better than that. I am a huge trek fan though.
My advice to you is to stay away. Everyone who ignored my advice on the matter has died. Everyone HERE has died. Unless you really enjoy just having the company of me, stay away.

Drakron

Arcane
I am too busy with Awakenings in Black Desert even if the last one I need is coming up in a few days (all the classes I play come with Awakenings in a row), didnt exactly helped they are now running attendance events back to back and the previous one was "stay logged in for 5 hours".

STO suffers from nothing to do after you reach a certain point because of samely gameplay design, after "defeat 3 groups of enemies" for the 5th billion time one gets tired, its far too conservative and simply ancient encounter design from the EverQuest days in relation to XP, anything that doesnt involve in killing something means its not "risk" and so shit XP despite being timegated so you end up spending more time doing that for shit pay that just pewpew in Patrols missions, honestly I have to say its the most retarded attempt at preventing grind because there is simply no longer a way to get to the actual interesting stuff in specializations without spending a lot of time in boring senseless grind unless you pony up for AlSS were you might as well be playing a fucking Facebook game.

The only joy is in breaking their stupidly designed systems, no wonder the game dried up because every mission ends up playing exactly the same with minor variations, their blunder of the century knows as Delta Rising was build upon greed and half of the players walked away and because worst that a mule is a stubborn mule they refuse to correct their mistakes thinking if they annpy us long enough we will do it (we wont, they are too incompetent to understand how to condition players into doing their bidding) that just leads to A LOT of passive-aggressive stupid shit because they REALLY want to spend $2000 a month in half assed half broken game.

Well sure, its free and we do have a fully operational battle station fleet courtesy of Norfleet but the thing is, you simply cannot afford any of the shit on the Fleet stores at the start, they REALLY want you to spend a grand so you can get the fun toys, otherwise you just have to play with the 2012 obsolete crap since you cannot afford anything unless you grind Dil and you grind Marks and you just end up being fed up with that shit and leave.

Its good for a laugh.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tried to play this for a bit with my GF a while back.
Neither of us like to play "end game" in MMOs, so we just plan to go to highest level or until we get bored.

The biggest problem with STO was that at some point (after you get the 3rd ship, IIRC?) there is a significant gap in story missions.
The last story mission is over and the next one is available only for your level +X.
So you have to go on random grind stuff just to level to continue with the story missions. That wasn't fun to either of us and so we stopped.

Too bad it is still the only game with nice space ship combat as well as ground missions. Well, the ground missions suck pretty bad, but at least they do exist :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The biggest problem with STO was that at some point (after you get the 3rd ship, IIRC?) there is a significant gap in story missions.
The last story mission is over and the next one is available only for your level +X.
That was the case waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. When it was still sub based you had to grind random mobs before you qualified for the next mission. These days there is so much content, you are max level 2/3rds in.
There is no endgame, it's all about the journey. Just enjoy the ride (or not) and move on to some other game afterwards.

Unless you are Norfleet, then endgame is funless grinding of minerals 24/7, so he can buy more shoes for THE_WIFE. :salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
or you can always park your toon in miranda [or other ussless scrap metal ] someplace nice and let doffs level for you ... most of my chars hit max that way ...
and with admirality they gave back xp that was taken in great doff nerfing way back ... so now im geting most of shit that way and with rest i cant be bothered most of the time [ except crystal entity that is both short and painless simply printing marks ... ] :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom