Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
clothing options lack burkha line to make this choice of carrier viable tho Bilb ...

Norfleet

Can't remember. Heh, can't even remember when I saw a female orion char with green skin instead of some human lookalike.
Way too many female orions with human-lookalike tones, yes. Wife only makes green Orions, though. It's not easy, being green.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Can't remember. Heh, can't even remember when I saw a female orion char with green skin instead of some human lookalike.
Way too many female orions with human-lookalike tones, yes. Wife only makes green Orions, though. It's not easy, being green.
I don't even get why they do it. I mean, if green lady is good enough for Captain Kirk, it's good enough for you.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I don't even get why they do it. I mean, if green lady is good enough for Captain Kirk, it's good enough for you.
They just want to make a human female in stripper clothing. Very sad if you think about it... Although it's not that dramatic if they leave the biography empty. Otherwise.. the horror!

Davidshky

Scholar
Hmmmmmm...

Guys, when was the last time someone was a male Orion PC?
You could become a unique snowflake like me and make a fully clothed female orion! Join the SJW and fight those who want you to run around in a metal bikini!

My main orion is fully clothed and one of my new delta recruits is a bare-chested male orion that looks like a green male stripper that I kinda made just because of all the bikini orions.
I'm kinda tempted to give him a full crew of male orion strippers and make people uncomfortable on Nimbus.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's not easy, being green.
That will become my short and precise bio.

My main orion is fully clothed and one of my new delta recruits is a bare-chested male orion that looks like a green male stripper that I kinda made just because of all the bikini orions.
I'm kinda tempted to give him a full crew of male orion strippers and make people uncomfortable on Nimbus.

"I.K.S. Green Chippendales" reporting for duty!

Also: over 5gb downloaded again, hurrays for prepatching

Drakron

Arcane

My Orions are green, what absurdity is this of pinkish skin tones?
I am playing a Orion, not a generic space slut ... I have Google for that.

eklektyk

Erudite
my female orion is precisly not green for that reason ...

wanted to troll ppl who think orions need to be green and only green but sadly never encountered anybody to troll ... so i got trolled ...

kinda sad for that reason but since she's already lvl50 its too late to paint her green and start over ...

[i blame my lazines and poor research and maybe some intoxication while playing with chharacter creator for this sad story]

Vaarna_Aarne

You can change skin color anytime you care (and any body dimensions or hairstyle or facegen or whatever). The tailor's EC cost is so miniscule it's practically free.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Did I praise the mark-BNP conversion yesterday? Since they removed my precious Borg sector encounter I am actually worse off than before. Guess who forgot to farm Omega marks pre-patch? That's right, way to go past me! So it's Defera after all. Meh.

Regarding the 2 new episodes if you haven't played them:
Stay mobile and bring mines. Enemies like to teleport behind you and melee you away in 1-2 hits. During the boss fight in the gateroom, move away from the entrance into the middle, so you have room to avoid the red areas of DOOM. Or you end up being "upset" like Drakron.

Generally solo ground combat seems to have moved away from a stationary crouch and aim playstyle to running around like a 3rd person fps recently.

During the second mission, the difficulty setting asked of you only reduces the timer between gates from 10 to 8 seconds or so. Hard is between tricky to impossbile in a Derpi when a sharp turn comes, but if you fail to reach it in time the game only spawns a few enemies you have to clear before proceeding. Maybe you would get an accolade for acing it. Nothing else.
Gonna try it with the fartbird next time.

Has anyone tried one of the mark giving queues already?

Vaarna_Aarne

The new Secondary Spec changes make a very interesting application for combos, since Adaptive Targeting II is a verrry nice thing to have on any boat, while Command Expose is a worthy competitor for Pilot's old spot as well.

Still no reason to take Commando since you are already hulked out on Ground.

Norfleet

Apparently no reason NOT to, either, given that you can apparently change the spec any time you want, and a spec full of space powers does fuck all for you on the ground.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well then, what's the quickest and easiest way to get the daily mark box for Iconian rep?
Oh boy, you are in for a disappointment...

Soooo, I decided to give a STF a spin for mah Iconian marks, herald sphere or something. Normal difficulty. Oh dear.
I spent most of the fight either viral matrixed, subnuked, turbulenced and one time flat disabled for 30 seconds with neither engi- nor sci-team countering it. I assume intel team would have.
While I cannot say how "good" my fellow puglists were performing, I noticed an obvious absence of fun all around. We managed to fail every optional objective, which are basically "kill enemies fast, before they reach/kill X" due enemies having a metric shit-ton of shields/HP.
The result? 11 marks (plus daily bawx) for more than 30 mins of clusterfuck. And that was normal difficulty. Humanity is screwed. I for one welcome our new Iconian Ovenlords! :salute:

The Kobali ground tasks giving Iconian marks are the two last ones, that are near impossible to solo thanks to enemies spawning behind you with a shotgun sandwich to offer. Maybe if we manage to team up. Heh.
Gonna check the other space STF later, can't be worse... right?

Since Borg sector encounters are gone, I gave Defera a try. The zone (only here suprisingly) was horrible laggy, up to 3 seconds between shooting and impact. Leading to a few embarrassing deaths against pussy Borg. :argh: Again, the effort to get all the marks I need would drive me crazy. Maybe I give ISA another try.

Time for plan B: Undine deflector/engine. The space battlezone has always been nice to me!
Did they bump the difficulty? It took forever to clear one point alone, since the game insisted on spawning dreadnaughs left and right, even if only 5 players were around. Planetkillers went down faster than one point...

TLDR: Getting rep marks is hard grind again, be prepared to spend 30 mins for one daily bawx alone. Drakron's approach (wait for summer event boxes) might require the least effort.

Edit: I would trust craptic to exclude Iconian marks from the boxes, weren't Derpa marks excluded from the winter event boxes as well?

Last edited:

Subject37

Educated
a pug that wasn't completely retarded.

how in hell did you find one of those?

Anyway, I haven't had hardly any time for STO over the past couple of days, so I haven't yet seen the new STFs or FEs, but I do have to say I really, really like the new sector space and it's feeling of vast emptiness.

Vaarna_Aarne

Now you try the Herald Sphere and make me look bad!
Did that before running Bruddahood with my Romulan. Valkar only died once, and I'd say that was down to my own carelessness. I should have use Evasive Maneuvers immediately instead of normal speed and RSP (since something disabled that), Ionic Turbulance left me a sitting duck (though in all fairness, the Iconian debuff barrage also came out immediately after transition cutscene stopped).

77 Marks all in all, but due to Herald Sphere having inherent time limits it's not as efficient as Bruddahood. And Bruddahood only requires two or three semi-literate players in order to get 80 Marks total in five minutes.

Davidshky

Scholar
I have a minor suggestion.

How about every time we notice there's no basic fleet project up, we add a new one so people won't even have to ask for it.
Preferably the Advanced Multidisciplinary Research or the Involuntary labor colony (KDF only though) since they imo have the easiest requirements.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I've personally kept it open precisely so people can custom order something they can fill out immediately. I got the idea after someone from Norfleet's shadow army (my guess) asked me to slot the Marks Only project for them.

Norfleet

Well, I've personally kept it open precisely so people can custom order something they can fill out immediately. I got the idea after someone from Norfleet's shadow army (my guess) asked me to slot the Marks Only project for them.
I can't think of anyone who would ask for such a thing, since I'd have slapped them senseless for wanting to waste half their marks instead of dumping it someplace that gives FULL pay.

I like the current system of having to ask. It means that nobody can just fill the easy stuff and leave the hard stuff for somebody else. That sort of behaviour is just plain annoying.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I can't think of anyone who would ask for such a thing, since I'd have slapped them senseless for wanting to waste half their marks instead of dumping it someplace that gives FULL pay.
I actually wanted to ask for that once, because my limited doff storage makes filling those pretty much impossible for me. So instead of just filling the marks and leaving at for others to clean up I wanted to be less selfish. Now I am afraid to ever ask for it, since hell hath no fury than a norfleet aware of uneffecitve spending!

Also immediatly slotting a new project would mean exactly that: first player noticing it would quickly dump his marks in it and leave it alone afterwards. Although with the fleet voucher on Derpa Rectums maybe I could fill one alone now...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom