Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I wonder if they actually fixed the bug where Romulard BOFFs can only be trained by FED/KDF BOFFs if you have a proper BOFF of that faction in your ranks. Would be hilarious if that bug migrated to the PADDs as well.

Of course they make it so that people want/need to buy the 3-pack to get the console set (4th piece being on the zombiecruiser) and to have access to all customizable parts. Not conviced it's worth it though.
The sci version not having sensor analysis is a bummer however, since it indirectly buffs the Romulard ships. They still keep their battlecloak and all singularity abilities...

Somebody please take my Cybershekelz away before I buy the Romulard bundle for their sexyness... halp!

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
well theres one "but" :

if u grind for book boff that is bound da book will be bound also ...so neat ah cash potential from rare abilities that come on bound boffs nerfed :) ah cryptic ..u nevah dissapoint:)

Drakron

Arcane
Well its fair since few BOFFs are actually bound and most of those are reclaimable.

This prevents people from claiming BOFF, create PADD, sell, reclaim BOFF, repeat ... not that it matters much since what BOFF you can "grind" comes with a BO-only ability? I can only think of the Jem'hadar that comes with Torpedo Spread III that is a standard reward.

Edit: Reman comes with TSS3 but its a FE reward, cannot be reclaimable.

As much I give Cryptic shit you really dont have a point, there are few bound bridge officers as Cryptic really only does that with reclaimable ones and by allow it not to bind it would be infinite EC.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Reman is reclaimable during FE, so you can mill a bunch then if you want.

And it wouldn't be infinite EC because the EC has to come from someone, so an infinite supply of something will quickly crash the price to near-nothing.

What you up to, Vaarna?

Davidshky

Scholar
I'm probably just gonna wait for the upcoming 2x XP event for that except maybe for the AHOD trait.

Also, I'm kinda positively surprised by the consoles since they not only give you an ability but also a passive bonus.
I guess cryptic realized that few people bothered with the ability consoles from most ships in favor of universal consoles and embassy flow cap sci consoles.

Also, I'm kinda getting the feeling that cryptic really really want us to use torps.
+25% torp and mine damage from the tac command cruisers console, lots of bonuses for torps from the tier 1 command specialization, some torp bonus command ability and I've heard that the reward in the crystalline entity event in march is gonna be an anti-proton wide-angle torpedo.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Preparing to grind the fuck out of ship XP.
Translashun: I bought them ALL!

Yes, I am jelly

Reman is reclaimable during FE, so you can mill a bunch then if you want.
They are? Huh, something to look forward to, since I have neither the Reman nor the Breen. Buuut, wasn't the breen stuff in a FE rerun a while ago but you couldn't claim him?

Also, I'm kinda getting the feeling that cryptic really really want us to use torps.
I would love to, but my spacewhale beamboats with low turnrate and limited tac abilites makes it kinda hard, aside from one occasional shot. And my Romulard with the plasma snake of DOOM of course.
Wide angle would definitly help. The 25% bonus dmg from the borg set feels kinda wasted already.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Preparing to grind the fuck out of ship XP.
Translashun: I bought them ALL!

Yes, I am jelly
Nah, just the three Fed ones. The 15% Zen sale sealed the deal since I also had some stipend Zen in my pocket to begin with. It's a p. nice looking ship, a little chubby but has good curvature and varied options. Mechanically it's probably the best layout for a cruiser I've ever had. I don't have a particular interest in the other ones, since on KDF I prefer to use Cannon ships due to lack of Wide Angle Torps in ready access, and with Romulans I've got only one active alt and he's well-set with Fart and Derpidex (plus Derpidex's T6 descendant).

Also, the console set is roflpwn. Not only do all of the consoles have modest (and useful) bonuses in themselves, the set bonuses culminate in +15% Energy Damage.

Davidshky

Scholar
can anyone point me what to choose... and links for download a game.. i would like to join

Well there are 3 factions, 3 classes and you get 3 character slots so my suggestion would be to make one of each faction and each class for diversity.

Drakron

Arcane
Also, the console set is roflpwn. Not only do all of the consoles have modest (and useful) bonuses in themselves, the set bonuses culminate in +15% Energy Damage.

Wut?

Its 4 console slots out of possible 11, thats 1/3 of your slots for +15% damage?

I looked at them and laughed, at that cost you can do better off as the set is pretty much for Command and taking, extra heal, hull HP, torpedo and mine damage, Inspiration and hull resistences ... sure beats nothing as we had on previous consoles but simply doesnt justify its cost.

Davidshky

Scholar
Yeah the consoles are not worth spending zen for but if you got the ships anyway the combination of the passive bonuses, the abilities and the set bonuses at least make them a somewhat viable choice unlike pretty much all the other ability consoles in the game.

Subject37

Educated
can anyone point me what to choose... and links for download a game.. i would like to join

We've got both Fed and KDF fleets, so feel free to choose whichever side you prefer and we'll hook you up. Romulan characters can choose to ally with either side, but once they make that choice it's permanent. As far as classes go, Tactical is always a good place to start because that's the straight-forward DPS class and damage is king in this game. Science (ie. Space Wizards) is also fun, and some recent additions to the game, such as the particle manipulator trait and secondary deflectors for science ships, have made them more effective. Engineer can be a bit less exciting because the focus there is on tanking for the most part, but they can kick ass on ground missions.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
The only thing good I can say its not a something like the Tal Shiar Torpedo console that gives nothing outside a shitty version of torpedo spread every 3 minutes, at least there are bonus as well a active ability.

But this is Cryptic and Geko, this should been made as a pass to all consoles that just grant a ability but since Rivera thinks the purpose of a MMO is just to pay him (thats what buying stuff is on a F2P) no such thing was done, we still have the LOLworthly ability consoles.

I would say its a start but hell look at this pack and the Int ships ... 11 consoles vs 10, whats the fucking point of T-5U when even the "+1 console" is no longer a factor and yet -1 station for 200 extra Zen.

Davidshky

Scholar
I think the point of the T5-U ships is for people who've already bought T5 ships during all these years and would rather pay 700 more to make their old ship somewhat competitive than 3000 for a whole new ship.

Drakron

Arcane
The point was trying to bullshit people around and trick then into paying them.

Its absurd that not even 6 months and they are already pushing 11 consoles ships on the C-Store, "taking care of us" indeed ...

Subject37

Educated
I think the point of the T5-U ships is for people who've already bought T5 ships during all these years and would rather pay 700 more to make their old ship somewhat competitive than 3000 for a whole new ship.

And because many of those people would prefer to stay in their old ships. Show me a T6 D'Deridex and I'll buy it immediately, but one doesn't exist so I'll stick with my FT5U.

Diablo169

Arcane
Ok so I haven't touched this since launch. Love me some Star Trek but the shitty away missions put me right off. Is this worth having another look at these days?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom