Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My suggestions for the Talaxian race traits:

Annoying: create 1000% more threat because everyone hates you
Whiny: receive 50% more healing so you STFU
Needygreedy: receive extra rewards so you STFU
Infamous cook: poison enemies with your dreaded stews

I'm actually kind of sad they didn't account for the fact players could be Mr Vulcans too. :(

And we can just do it on Normal because we aren't hurting for FM.

My Klang could use a shiney new ship, but normal (at the current level scaling) will probably painful enough to go through with 4 chars.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tim_Russ%2C_Spaceballs.jpg

Subject37

Educated
I already accused of spoilers because it took me five seconds to figure out that the Champions-Vaadwaur was a host to one.

I obviously didn't make the connection. I thought perhaps he was "a criminal, Captain. A product of late 20th-century genetic engineering". Or some such.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well we fought Augments once in one of those old storylines of STO that isn't really worth dwelling upon...

So yea, they could have been Augments too. Or Augments are going to show up later.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Turns out normal difficulty MU event doesn't scale to your level and is piss easy even with a PUG. Just activate the satelites while your "team" just shoots stuff and Brobisek takes care of the rest (being the awsome bro he is). Takes about 15 mins per char and gives some 40-55 marks of your choice (no delta rep) plus a R&D material box.

This game needs moah Brobisek content. :salute:

Davidshky

Scholar
The reward the next time should be a "summon Brobisek" item that spawns the station for 30 seconds, firing spinal plasma lances at stuff.

Vaarna_Aarne

The reward the next time should be a "summon Brobisek" item that spawns the station for 30 seconds, firing spinal plasma lances at stuff.
Nah it should just cause the station to fire a special torpedo at the distant target.

A torpedo carrying Brobisek himself, fist first, splitting the enemy ship in half.

What the Reman dude onboard that Republic ship was talking about when he said "I have survived worse than you" was him actually referring to being next to Brobisek's fist colliding with someone's face and surviving the subsequent shockwave.

After all, everyone knows Brobisek takes off his jacket and shirt to moonlight as a superhero.

Davidshky

Scholar
I just got an idea for an episode.

Imagine getting to control a station and then use it to fight off several waves of enemy ships.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I think the Reman onboard the Scimiturd is a Brobisek stand-in. Cryptic liked Brobisek like every sane person would, but with him being the leader of the Remans now and making sure that STATION INTEGRITY DOES NOT FALL BELOW 80%, it wouldn't make sense for him to be just some crewmember.
The fight would also be pretty boring then. Brobisek would use his MAGNOMETIC OVERLOAD fist to bitchslap him back to the 18th century. He already stole Hakeev from me...

Come to think of it: in a fight between Brobisek and Chuck Norris, who would win?
We will never know. Chuck would give him an approving nod, they'd exchange brofists and go back to work.

Vaarna_Aarne

Brobisek isn't just the leader of Remans and the guy who single-handedly runs the station, he also has the time to moonlight as the only useful NPC superhero in Champions.

Davidshky

Scholar
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20444451#post20444451

So apparently carrier pets are gonna get nerfed/fixed because they became too powerful at higher levels.

What's interesting is the list of hangars they are nerfing since these ones are (afaik) new
  • Bleth Choas Fighter
  • Kazon Raider
  • Oschu Shuttle
  • Plesh Brek Frigate
  • Qulash Frigate
So it seems like the breen carrier is kinda confirmed as the winter event ship and that it will have frigate hangars.

I assume the kazon raiders are for the kazon carrier which we'll probably get in the next lockbox as the consolation price ship.

And it also looks like they're adding an elachi carrier that also has frigate hangars.

So yeah, very high probability of 3 new carriers with frigate pets.

Davidshky

Scholar
More news

PvE queue difficulty is being adjusted

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20459911#post20459911

PvE queue rewards are being increased

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20460031#post20460031

Health of lvl 51-60 enemies on normal and advanced is being decreased

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20461511#post20461511

Leveling ship masteries will be even easier

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20461831#post20461831

Tribble patchnotes including some of the stuff above

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20469481#post20469481

Result of some guys comparison between tribble and holodeck, showing a 26% decrease in NPC HP on normal and advanced and a ~100% increase in skillpoint reward om all difficulties.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPKhCaO44fOuU44lBG5lJve7pYf6V1_xNwXwdhDQe1c/edit#gid=0

Norfleet

So anyone still want minerals? I offloaded my entire key stash to Eggy Friend, so I am going to have to start burning down to get more stuff to feed to Eggy Friend. Cut-rate refined mineral for only DZK! I recall Subject was interested, but then he died. Again.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am still amazed how they could fuck up the difficulties so much for all players across the board to begin with. Unless it really was a ploy to sell moah stuff, one have to question their sanity. You don't have to be a game designer to understand the balancing if your game offers the choice of diffculty. Heck, common sense is more than enough.

Normal difficulty:
Entry level, doable by a PUG of players fresh out of leveling, flying a T4 ship with white equipment or even rainbow beams. They will blow up a few times, but they learn the mechanics and train for the next higher difficulty. No borg item for them and just a token potato reward.

Advanced difficulty:
For advanced players, duh. They know what they are doing, but are on a budget. Flying a (Fleet) T5 ship they equip what good stuff the game offers them: the free Dyson/Jem Hadar set, firing protonic lolerons/romplasma/antiprotons or just the classic plasma-disrupter hybrids. Having the occasional rep console equipped helps them to not blow up as much. They also listened to advices from others when choosing their BOFF powers. Can fail when stupid.
Pretty much like the old elite, maybe a little harder. They get a borg item and a little more potatos. Not worth the effort of farming them by that though.

Elite difficulty:
That's for the true elite. The ones that get wet pants watching their floating numbers, the ones that make videos of their awsome runs and expect praise after posting it. The ones that put more moneyz into one ship than all 5 ships from an advanced group together. This is just for you. You may even get a title from acing it, "True Elite" or "One of the proud few". Because that's what they are: a minority. Rewards are still not worth farming, but it's for bragging rights man! If they still think it's to easy, give them ultra elite on top.

See, it's not that hard to balance PvE queues if you want to. So the question that remains is: do they really want to? I think they do now, after recent developments and upcoming changes seem to imply a noticable drop in player numbers and more important: income. A forum full of (sometimes reasonable) complains prevents new players from joining. And they are the ones spending real moneyz after the whales have gone dormant.
When I played Dork Age of Lag-a-lot, the european distributor removed the official boards shortly after the start. They just couldn't keep up with removing all those complains that kept prospective customers from subscribing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well they kinda owed up to fucking up in the recent series of incoming changes.

Personally I think the problem at Cryptic's STO team is simply just that they haven't installed an automated Picard-robot to shout "Shut up Geko!" when needed.

eklektyk

Erudite
most important thing to do is stop with silly hp/shield bloat that makes shit tedious and not fun
rest is icing on a cake and all that

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The hull HPs weren't the big deal, as I noticed during the DR storyline: the shield HPs/regenerashun was a far bigger problem. I think my beamboat killed most of the larger enemies entirely through bleedthrough damage. That's why my romulard fared a lot better: the rompla torpedo doesn't give a fuck about shields. :hug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Hopefully they lower the XP reqs for Ships and Specs next week while increasing XP rewards, as they promised.

Vaarna_Aarne

• Reduced the Skill Point requirement to go from level 0-5 in Starship Mastery by roughly 50%.
    • No earned Ship Mastery Skill Points will be removed from player’s ships.
    • Players who are in the process of leveling up a Starship Mastery level will have the Mastery level of the ship increase to match the roughly 50% decrease in points required.

Norfleet

Ahoy thar, Vaarna. So are things are crap over there as I've been hearing? I docked at K-7 the other day, and was like "Woah, am I instance 2? No? Did someone detonate a thalaron device in here? Where is everyone?".

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, Cryptic fucked up a lot of things with DR launch, but they've admitted that they fucked up and are fixing the second of the four biggest (all admitted and promised fixes) problems today.

I haven't kept that much tabs on total player count, but since I don't go to hardcore places I can't really say how much the population has been affected, but the current farming event has no queue problems on Normal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom