Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Star Citizen Squadron Thread

eklektyk

Erudite
i feel leftout and all alone coz im not on that list ... fo shame fo shame ...
[sure im not preordering and all that but when it comes out i will check it extensively]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
i feel leftout and all alone coz im not on that list ... fo shame fo shame ...
[sure im not preordering and all that but when it comes out i will check it extensively]

I noticed you before and yesterday as well while compiling my list, but for some reason failed to add you. Make that 36 interested parties.

Norfleet

Schedule permitting (Read: STO is either winding down or dead to me by then), I will partake if the game is either really good, or bad in all the ways I like. But I cannot abide mediocrity.
businesscat.jpg

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Exclusive agnostics club for cool kids. :thumbsup:

Think you can merge that with 'interested if the game is good' list, though.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game is really intriguing to me. I didn't (and will not) pledge to the crowd fund for it because I don't like certain aspects of it. I am interested in playing when it comes out though. I've never been part of a guild or played an MMO longer than the 20 or minutes it takes to realize I won't enjoy it.

So I guess put in the Interested but unsure section.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Not a single solitary volunteer for the Agents of the Incline Espionage Corps, eh? Ah well. Infiltration is something best planned and organized now, rather than a year and a half from now: RSI accounts to open, forum personae to create, et cetera. I SUPPOSE I'll have to source all my agents from elsewhere.

I'll update the "interested parties" list in a month or so.

Data4

Arcane
Not a single solitary volunteer for the Agents of the Incline Espionage Corps, eh? Ah well. Infiltration is something best planned and organized now, rather than a year and a half from now: RSI accounts to open, forum personae to create, et cetera. I SUPPOSE I'll have to source all my agents from elsewhere.

I'll update the "interested parties" list in a month or so.

In theory it sounds cool as fuck, but in practise-- at least for me-- there's a serious time commitment. In order to appear legit, you need to pretty much become an actively participating member of the target corp/guild/squad/whatever, which would leave little time for "me" time. Add that to an already stacked personal schedule, and... yeah, just not very practical. If I was loaded, financially secure, and had all day, every day available for leisure, I'd be James Fucking Bond all over this. Sorry man...

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
In theory it sounds cool as fuck, but in practise-- at least for me-- there's a serious time commitment. In order to appear legit, you need to pretty much become an actively participating member of the target corp/guild/squad/whatever, which would leave little time for "me" time. Add that to an already stacked personal schedule, and... yeah, just not very practical. If I was loaded, financially secure, and had all day, every day available for leisure, I'd be James Fucking Bond all over this. Sorry man...

Remember, the plan is to go for the larger organizations. There are posters right here on the Codex who've been members for a couple years, have 300 posts, a "clean" record, and no one would bat an eye at them joining up in some multiplayer game with other Codexians.

You can wallflower it in large orgs. What, you think I'm going to spend 10+ hours per week in some org? Shit, that wouldn't be worth it. I'll frontload some hours getting accustomed to and fitting into their forums, frontload some time on their voice chat, and show up occasionally.

It's still a big commitment though, yes.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You should really read some stories about infiltration in EVE. A lot of cases when people did very little in-game and still got into a position that gave them a lot of access.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You should really read some stories about infiltration in EVE. A lot of cases when people did very little in-game and still got into a position that gave them a lot of access.

As a six-year EVE veteran who read all the stories and did quite a lot of spying myself, I learned to enjoy it.

The GHSC is the beaten-to-death example. Instead of spying "on the side," they made it their primary gameplay for months to infiltrate a corporation, become a part of it, play the game with its members, get close to the leaders, et cetera. Of course, in SC, orgs will almost certainly have less to lose materially, but that's beside the point.

hiver

First thing im going to do is worm my way into stealing someones ship, escaping the station and mad police chase, legging it to outlaw zones and cheating my way into getting new ship Id number.

So... i guess ill be seeing you chaps around.
- you can count me as a... occasional outside associate -

/
(to be clear, ill buy the game when its out)

Since we here at the Codex understandably despise nearly every other forum, website, and online community in existence, I'd be curious to know how other Codexians would suggest bolstering our numbers (recruitment and/or alliance obviously, but the question is who and from where), or if we should even try to do that at all.

Edit: Family and friends (as if we have any) are one possibility. I know that my brother-in-law, who's a bro-tier man's man and VMI grad, is very interested in the game for example.

>Everyone who wants in have to steal a spaceship, evade the police and others pursuers, escape into outlaw zone and change the chassis/ships identifying number - which is not easy to get or buy.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
This isn't eve. I'm not interested in espionage. I'm interested in dogfighting, exploring, tangling with pirates, and maybe some smuggling... and whatever new things Chris Roberts comes up with that tickles my fancy. Not really interested in fucking over other people for the most part.

hiver

True. And this wont be like EVE in that sense. There wont be any big corporations that would make this a chore in bureaucracy.
SP is coop so maybe that can be played too. And the scope is much smaller, localized.

I would prefer playing outlaws or some sort of pirate band, then concentrate on exploration and tangling with other groups, be they player made or game factions.

If mr. Blaine decides to accept my submission i would suggest concentrating on creating daring adventures, heists (which could include undercover infiltration by some individual agents before the heist or attack itself commences) and generally being a band of jolly pirates.
Or even better - an agnostic group that takes both sides as it sees fit. While individuals are largely free to go off and do their own thing for a while - if there are no more pressing matters to attend to.

That nice Corvette will need to be defended sometimes, or used for an epic heist in some crazy unexpected attack on some seemingly safe convoy of one of the game factions or such.
Or to jump in a bigger battle and help one of the sides. For money or secret deals and some faction turning a blind eye on us, sometimes in the future.

Someone (me) will discover a warp gate to a new unexplored system - then the whole group can move there - (after someone - me - scouts it), relatively safe from the law - but maybe not safe from other things there - and make different things happen in that risky, uncharted territory.
And then we can keep that gate secret, only available for the band. Or sell it if it doesnt fit us - while we discover other gates in that system, leading to other better places. or use it as a trap for some enemies.

(if game permits such mechanics. Im guessing that pirates and outlaws will be able to find their own gates, which would not get immediately transferred to everyone as it happens in "lawful" gameplay... i think its your choice to report the location or not even there, although you get a big monetary reward and it gets named after you - if you do)

hiver

yeah - blaargh - none of that for me either.
I prefer to play ingame only.

anus_pounder

Arcane
This isn't eve. I'm not interested in espionage. I'm interested in dogfighting, exploring, tangling with pirates, and maybe some smuggling... and whatever new things Chris Roberts comes up with that tickles my fancy. Not really interested in fucking over other people for the most part.

:salute: I hear the 'SP' has co-op? Would you be interesting in some of that?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
You can add me to the interested if the game turns out good category.

Norfleet

The GHSC is the beaten-to-death example. Instead of spying "on the side," they made it their primary gameplay for months to infiltrate a corporation, become a part of it, play the game with its members, get close to the leaders, et cetera. Of course, in SC, orgs will almost certainly have less to lose materially, but that's beside the point.
I actually know that guy....I met him on STO.

MCA
If it turns out well, I'd love to be a part of a crew in one of those crew operated thingies. Just saw a new video today showing one. Will there actually be troop action in this game, Blaine ? Eg. boarding other ships. Will there be ships that "house" more than a crew of four?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I pledged for this at the cheapskate level so I'll probably check out the multiplayer. I though about getting a better ship but there's too many of them and I got confused about upgrading and shit. I'm sure blaine has a plan to make as all instant millionaires anyway, and I can just hang out on one of his cruisers until I get the money to replace my soviet clunker.
L2twhzY.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom