Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Of demons, goddesses, and dark spires. Let's play Ys Origin!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Zero reader interest, eh? And only four people watched the last video. I guess I'll just post the next boss fight vid once I have the time, and consider this LP done with.

I can only hope that all those 45 people who watched the first video decided to play the game themselves. :P The action is pretty good in this one.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee said:
Zero reader interest, eh? And only four people watched the last video. I guess I'll just post the next boss fight vid once I have the time, and consider this LP done with.

I can only hope that all those 45 people who watched the first video decided to play the game themselves. :P The action is pretty good in this one.

Yeah, I've actually been playing this game little by little. Yesterday I defeated the boss you are about to face (btw, do you get the weird glitch where its textures don't show up?). I went a little bit further and the game crashed.

Anyway, playing the game made me realise how its gameplay is similar to TWitcher 2... except better. You don't mind if I use your videos to troll initiate serious and :monocle: discussion on TW2 forumns? :smug:

The Thin Man

Novice
I'm interested, I just don't have the time to watch videos so I only read your written updates.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see, the Codex cannot into video/hybrid LPs. All the more reason to call it a day.

Mrowak said:
btw, do you get the weird glitch where its textures don't show up?

Yes, unfortunately... I'm trying to find a way to fix that, but it seems to have something to do with the English patch, since I'm getting it on both my PC and my laptop. Weird.

Mrowak said:
Anyway, playing the game made me realise how its gameplay is similar to TWitcher 2... except better. You don't mind if I use your videos to troll initiate serious and :monocle: discussion on TW2 forumns? :smug:

Naturally it's better than Witcher 2's combat. This is a good fast-paced action game, while W2 fails at good action combat. And yeah, go ahead, sure. I believe there must be some better videos on Youtube, though -- some later bosses should be even more fun!

Also, there's just one thing I wanna say to all those who're still considering whether they should play Ys Origin or not:

If you enjoyed Oath in Felghana, you're bound to enjoy Ys Origin!!

That's all, Bee out.

Black Cat

Magister
@ ChiBee

It's not lack of interest, really.

:love:

Like, once I noticed I would enjoy the game I had to stop reading, otherwise I would totally spoil it.

Though I have to give you SA's LP community thingie is much more active and participative and stuffies.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Azira

Asking my dad to autorize credit card payment to SA would be about as much of a bad idea as asking him to autorize credit card payment to KKKodex. Like, really bad. Awful, even. So if someday I pack I'll just make an LPing blog thingie or some stuffie like that and be done with it.

@ ChiBee

Awww, you were LPing sentinel worlds and didn't told me! :cry:

lightbane

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
I see, the Codex cannot into video/hybrid LPs. All the more reason to call it a day

*coughes and points to the sig* Both of my earthbound lps had videos, you know :roll:

I... I was trying to get some combat experience! And I even got permission from the Reverend.

Apparently characters here are aware of their leveling up mechanics.

Continue your good fight, miss Bee (or should I say mother Bee?). Too bad that you're wasting your talents (and good lps) with something so awful :M

Mrowak

Arcane
lightbane said:
Crooked Bee said:
I see, the Codex cannot into video/hybrid LPs. All the more reason to call it a day

*coughes and points to the sig* Both of my earthbound lps had videos, you know :roll:

I... I was trying to get some combat experience! And I even got permission from the Reverend.

Apparently characters here are aware of their leveling up mechanics.

Continue your good fight, miss Bee (or should I say mother Bee?). Too bad that you're wasting your talents (and good lps) with something so awful :M

Did I miss the part when it turned out that Y's Origin was awful?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Haha, no, by "awful" lightbane meant the Something Awful boards, not this game.

lightbane said:
or should I say mother Bee?

:lol:

No, thankfully. My current avatar is simply meant to represent the "get back to the kitchen" meme. Or some such.

Mrowak

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Haha, no, by "awful" lightbane meant the Something Awful boards, not this game.

lightbane said:
or should I say mother Bee?

:lol:

No, thankfully. My current avatar is simply meant to represent the "get back to the kitchen" meme. Or some such.

Duh - redding comprehenshun phail! :decline: of Mrowak

Crooked Bee

Patron
Oh yeah. In case anyone's wondering about the fate of this LP...

I'm still trying to get around that no-texture bug. It's... well, bugging me. It must have something to do with the translation patch... I've recorded a video of the 2nd boss fight (without the textures) already, but, well, why post it in that form? There are plenty of vids on Yewtube already anyway.

Mrowak

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Oh yeah. In case anyone's wondering about the fate of this LP...

I'm still trying to get around that no-texture bug. It's... well, bugging me. It must have something to do with the translation patch... I've recorded a video of the 2nd boss fight (without the textures) already, but, well, why post it in that form? There are plenty of vids on Yewtube already anyway.

I think it may have more to do with the new gereation of graphic card drivers, Bee.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
I just want to say this game's bloody awesome on Nightmare. Even the first boss can kill you in about three strikes, which makes the battle totally awesome.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
@ Miss Bee

In case you haven't yet fixed the texture problem, I found you need to either run the game with your system in Japanese Locale or use AppLocale to emulate it. Most problems with Japanese games are solved by either, or both, as the game can't find some of it's resources otherwise.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Hmm, didn't I use Applocale? :? I thought I did. Thanks, KT, I'll give it a try anyway once I'm done with whatever games I'm playing/LPing at the moment!

spekkio

Arcane
Stop talking to yourself, Clockwork Knight! Jeez.

:decline:

But thanks for the heads-up.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom