Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Occidental Heroes - mobile roguelike retro RPG

Lhynn

Arcane
I actually find combat very engaging, most fights are fairly easy, but mistakes and bad judgements can cost you a character. Was reading some of the negative reviews on the playstore and they all come from people that are too stupid to breathe.
My last playthough, which was my second i managed to get to 99 fights without losing, tho i did change other characters than the main a couple times. When the main character died, the one that was left retired (a man at arms).
The last fight was p. amazing, he was left alone with 1 hp against 4 enemies, an archer, 2 lancers and one normal dude and i managed to beat them all in one of the most tense fights ive had in a while in any game.

On my current playthrough ive yet to lose resolve on any of my characters and im on my 70th fight, and ive pretty much explored everything left to explore.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
The last fight was p. amazing, he was left alone with 1 hp against 4 enemies, an archer, 2 lancers and one normal dude and i managed to beat them all in one of the most tense fights ive had in a while in any game.

What if instead you'd been up against one bog standard bandit marauder with 1hp and 1 shield? You would've had zero chance of defeating him, no matter how many battles your party member had won or what clever tactic you attempted. That was one of the situations I wanted to avoid, but the main reason for these updates is to allow for character progression and equipment upgrades, and there was simply no way of doing that without changing the combat. With that said...

An update! It took me a bit longer to implement these changes that I thought it would, around 120 hours or so (total game development time up to 830 hours now, money earned $0), but I'd say I didn't ruin the game too much.

edupwZD.png

Changes include:
  • Character progression by gaining experience and leveling, which affects the damage dealt and received in combat.
  • Damage in combat is now handled differently. Characters now deal variable damage based on their skills, their weapon, their target's skill+weapon+armor and random chance (not too random though). There is also a chance of making critical hits, depending on the attacker's level as well as the kind of attack performed (lunges and sweeps have a higher chance of being critical hits).
  • Weapon and armor upgrades. I didn't go with the full inventory because it's mobile, but party members can now buy weapons, armor and shields at the market. Just a few upgrades at the moment, but more incoming.
  • Permadeath has been disabled for testing purposes. I'm not sure whether to leave it on after testing is done, probably not.
  • Ledger and party info can now be accessed in locations via the magic of swiping.
  • Losing resolve in combat is a bit harder now, the party member has to lose 60% of their hit points. There are also a few ways of regaining resolve ("Epic" and "Flawless" victories), but it's not easy.
  • Pack animals will no longer be lost in unsuccessful hailstorm events.
  • A bunch of other changes which no one but me cares about.
If you'd like to play this update, you need to opt-in at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.wlxd.retrorpg.android and then when you install the game Google Play will automatically update you to the latest version, beta or otherwise.

Last edited:

Tyrallion

Barely Literate
The changes you have made are epic. Losing pack horses in hail storms made me stop buying them completely, and being able to recover resolve on a flawless victory is a god send. The only retiree I have so far had a nice send off and did fairly well for himself. Finally I have no idea how people were getting hundreds of wins without losing anyone - forest fights against humans in particular end poorly for me way too often, being able to reload from the nearest major town is a great feature... I have mixed feelings on perma deaths but lean towards them being undesirable: Party wipe reloads are striking a good balance for me. I like how you are handling equipment though I wish there were more upgrades, and a main story would not be a bad addition. A couple more "easy" encounters and quests as a percentage of the total options would be good as well. Overall you are doing great and I look forward to seeing where you take the game. Fair warning though? It's easy to overdue difficulty. Most of your target audience has a lot in common with me: married with kids and a more than full-time job. The retro feel of the game is excellent... But I am a casual gamer because that's all that I have time to be... I have not and will probably never be able to find out what the benefits of the various classes are. Hell I've been using mysterious stranger since I started and still haven't unlocked whatever his second ability is... Don't get so caught up in trying to appease the vocal few that you ensure people like me find it unplayable.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
My GF won an android tablet, so I may finally get to play this outside of an emulator. :) Any forthcoming updates?

Probably not until December. I've now sorted the mechanics and I'm writing and implementing quest arcs, which I don't want to do half way. I do recommend the beta version though.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Thanks for the feedback.

I like how you are handling equipment though I wish there were more upgrades, and a main story would not be a bad addition.

That's what I'm working on right now. I'll have three sort-of-quest-arcs, 3 new ranged weapons that let the archer fight in melee (but they won't be easy to get), some new armor, and some new graphics and music.

Hell I've been using mysterious stranger since I started and still haven't unlocked whatever his second ability is...

He doesn't have one. :) Character quests, goal and abilities are still under development and I wanted one character background to have that ability from the get go.

Fair warning though? It's easy to overdue difficulty. Most of your target audience has a lot in common with me: married with kids and a more than full-time job. <snip> Don't get so caught up in trying to appease the vocal few that you ensure people like me find it unplayable.

I agree. Hardcore difficulty sounds compelling in theory but then I remember the goal of the game is for players to have fun. I've watched a video of a guy playing my game for like 40 minutes and then losing the entire party in one encounter, so he had to start over. He was so crestfallen, I decided I don't want my game to make anyone feel like that, hence the autosave. Beyond that, I'll try to keep the game as it is now.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
So I took a 6 month long vacation from doing any work. At first it was because I couldn't decide on the overarching story line of the game, but then it turned out I'm also super lazy. I did get some graphics and music for the game done and I have a long list of bugs to fix and ideas to try out, but I basically wasted time for half a year. Good thing graphics in my game were dated to begin with, eh? I finally feel like working again so here's a visual representation of the game at this stage.

iehf0ao.jpg

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Should I add women as available party members?

That would solve two of the complaints I've been getting: not enough playable classes (only three) and no female characters in the game.

The reason I didn't include female characters to begin with was that due to the dynamic composition of the party I'd have to ask every character for their pronoun in every sentence a pronoun is needed and I didn't think it would be worth it because characters are like 20 pixels tall and women in armor and a tactical hairstyle look pretty much the same as men at that level of detail.

The reason I didn't include more playable classes is that I didn't know how to make them tactically distinct. The current three classes are:
  • the archer - has ranged attacks but (unless he gets throwing spears or a crossbow) can't manage attacks at melee ranges making him effectively helpless once the enemy closes in;
  • the man-at-arms - the tank class and the only one that has a shield, his deal is that he can take more damage and that's it;
  • the fencer - can make multiple attacks per turn if positioned correctly and can lunge two spaces to attack an enemy.
My game doesn't have magic or unrealistic abilities so those three classes are the only ones I could come up with.

For women I got the idea from watching this Shadiversity video on which medieval weapons would be best suited for women. The gist of it is women would use weapons that don't require much strength to use (crossbow and polearms/long swords that avoid situations where shoving against an enemy would be an issue). The way women would be distinct in my game is that the human enemies (being the sexist pigs they are) would avoid attacking women if a male enemy was also in range. This would be tactically significant in combat and I'd be able to make female characters significantly weaker in melee (realism yay) while being very useful due to enemy AI prioritizing them lower.

Do you think this would be a good idea? I can't think of a reason not to do it except when in one of my apps I replaced an image of a guy with an image of a girl (so it's 2 guys and 1 girl instead of 3 guys) I got a bunch of 1* ratings because political correctness is cancer. Oh and another reason is it would take a long time to implement (female characters need their own sprites and backstories and quest goals and such).

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Add them not as a class but as a background for each class. Dont bother giving them their own sprites, theres no need, covered in armor they should look roughly the same anyway.
Even if they are not as strong as men in average, some exceptional women can get to be as strong or stronger than your average guy, have the background reflect that.

Wouldnt bring more classes to the table unless you properly develop the ones you already included.
The fencer is a shit class, rather have 2 archers tbh. What i would do is give the fencer 2 dodges against ranged attacks and the ability to step back once per fight to avoid an attack if the space behind him is unoccupied. The improvement could be a hidden dagger to allow him to attack two times in a row if he didnt use his movement.

Maybe would add the spear man, can attack from one more tile away, and one of his improvements could give him an extra armor. Or maybe add the spear as an improvement weapon for the man-at-arms.

Finally what would be more important is more content. More quests, more events, and a bigger map. Ive done everything theres to do in your game and it isnt really that much.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Don't let the fear of 1* reviews guide your decisions. If you feel thet female characters would add something meaningful to the game, add them. But you seem to be doubtful about the current content - so maybe they could be part of some reevaluation of what's already there and maybe be part of making it more differentiated and unique.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Thank you for the suggestions.

The fencer is a shit class, rather have 2 archers tbh.

I'm guessing you haven't played the beta? Fencers are the primary offensive class while archers are appropriately relegated to support. I want every class to have its strengths and more importantly weaknesses. The fencer is vulnerable but can have devastating attacks (one time I made a triple attack with a fencer and each attack just happened to be a critical hit and the guy killed three enemies in one turn).
I don't want to add any ability that can be used on a per-fight basis (not even a consumable like a firepot or something) and I'm not too enthused about cooldowns for abilities. I'd rather keep the possible moves as consistent as possible and buff/nerf each class with stats.

Maybe would add the spear man, can attack from one more tile away, and one of his improvements could give him an extra armor. Or maybe add the spear as an improvement weapon for the man-at-arms.

Now the player can purchase weapons that have bonuses and also the characters gain levels. There are some special weapons that are more than just incremental improvements. The archer can have three new types of ranged weapons that allow him to attack adjacent enemies, but each has a disadvantage and they are not easy to get to. These weapons have not yet been published, but one of them is indeed throwing spears that are pretty powerful and can also be used in melee but have a 2 space range.

Finally what would be more important is more content. More quests, more events, and a bigger map. Ive done everything theres to do in your game and it isnt really that much.

That's what I'm working on right now, but it's going slow. One quest (like the one for the mercenary captain) can take 20-30 hours to write, implement and test. I will also be adding new areas, but I don't want them to seem empty so I will have to make quests for them as well before they are published. And every quest I'm adding is going to be one-time and have multiple stages and some kind of choice to be made, so no more go-there-kill-that or courier quests.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
But you seem to be doubtful about the current content - so maybe they could be part of some reevaluation of what's already there and maybe be part of making it more differentiated and unique.

I am not too doubtful about the game as it is, I'm doubtful whether time consuming additions would be worth it. I can choose between making 10 new quests or one new class. If I choose both, then development time takes longer (and is thus more expensive). It's really a cost/benefit decision, I think the game as it is right now is decent (4000+ ratings at 4.3/86% and most bad ratings are about permadeath and the game being unfinished), I just can't decide whether this one thing would make it better and by how much.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
You have two choices: either you don't add female characters or you ignore anything to do with realism. Any other course of action will start an SJW spiral that ends in some feminist at google de-listing your app.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, after im done with The lost Kingdom ill try this game with the beta. Well see how it has changed.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, just tested your beta.

Ill be blunt, beta is shit. Your entire game revolves around positioning and one hit kills, you cant just add hp bars, and damage values and expect it to be even remotely good.
Every fight was doable without loses if you had 3 guys and knew what you were doing, now it became an RNG fest with ever stacking chances against the party (criticals were a very retarded idea by the way, player has 0 control over them).
Whole update goes against the very core of the game, the tactical gameplay it used to have.

You should go back to the drawing board, and instead introduce elements to add to your original vision, not to butcher it.

Add new locations, better gear to improve your heroes, stuff to allow them to escape ambushes or to be able to thin the enemy formation before the battle starts in exchange for money for example.
Also your resolve mechanic is inane, introduce ways to offset it and motivate your men (thats where female sprites could come in handy actually).

Anyway, my two cents.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Alright, just tested your beta. Ill be blunt, beta is shit.

Well, that certainly is blunt. I've been thinking about and testing gameplay for months now and the beta feedback has been mostly positive, so don't mind if I sound a bit defensive - I'd just like to go over why I think the changes were good. The gist of it is that although the old combat system was more elegant and clean and fun (there was a feeling of virtuosity to being outnumbered by equally opponents as powerful as you and beating them all without taking a scratch), it's ultimately not a tactical combat game but an RPG that has combat in it.

Your entire game revolves around positioning and one hit kills

I'd say my game revolves around exploration, doing quests, stacking shekels and giving your party members a good retirement. Combat itself is and always was peripheral. I agree it was fun and not what you see in most RPGs, but I've been regretting having that kind of combat pretty much since I first published the game. As I've said before, the old combat system prevented having character progression, equipment/ability upgrades and fine tuning the combat system. Pretty much every ability or buff/nerf to combat would unbalance the entire thing. Like if a level 1 archer does 1 damage and shoots 3 spaces away, what should a level 2 archer be able to do? How about level 5 with a thrice upgraded bow? Character progression and weapon/armor upgrades are the staples of the RPG genre, and I set out to create a RPG (that involves combat as one part of it), not some kind of hexagonal battle chess.

now it became an RNG fest with ever stacking chances against the party (criticals were a very retarded idea by the way, player has 0 control over them).

Aren't randomized damage and critical chance present in pretty much every RPG? That criticism can also apply to say Planescape Torment or Fallout, and to a much greater degree because in my game there are no misses - the range of randomization is much smaller. As for having zero control over criticals, fencer lunge gives you a 3x chance of a critical, sweep gives you a 2x chance and archer shooting from directly behind a team member (using them as a human shield) also gives 2x chance. Again, as much or more control than in most RPGs, and that's before I introduce equipment/abilities that increase the chance of criticals.

Whole update goes against the very core of the game, the tactical gameplay it used to have.

Only if you consider combat to be the core of the game. The choice was either have a game with the enemies and party members the same strength throughout the game (eventually 30+ hours of gameplay) or change combat to allow progression and make combat more like in other RPGs.

You should go back to the drawing board, and instead introduce elements to add to your original vision, not to butcher it.

My original vision is for players to hire party members, help them meet their goals and get rich and then retire them, while playing through an overarching story where the adventuring company is the main focus. I will be adding some mechanics and features that would accentuate these goals like an almanac of previous companies (like a chronicle of their achievements) and game score. I am well aware that many RPG players just want good tactical combat and I think my game provides that (at least it's no worse than many other RPGs) but I don't want a game that provides that at the expense of everything else.

Add new locations

Working on it, but I don't want to add new locations without populating them with new enemies and more complex more involving quests.

stuff to allow them to escape ambushes or to be able to thin the enemy formation before the battle starts in exchange for money for example.

You can escape pretty much every random encounter now with money or special abilities or both, plus you can retreat at the start of combat. If I were to add bribes to remove a few enemies, that would be just another type of bribe for which I'd have to write new text content, like when you meet a band of natives, how do you bribe only a few of them? And how would that text content differ from bribing cultists or deserters? And how much would all that extra work contribute to the game?

Also your resolve mechanic is inane, introduce ways to offset it and motivate your men

The resolve is there to punish players who walk around without supplies (I'd like such players to uninstall my game as soon as possible) and to enforce turnover of party members. In the next update every unique mission and a few chance encounters (like meeting refugees) will have the potential to increase the party's resolve. That said, you should keep in mind that party members are meant to be transient. I realize that flies in the face of most RPGs but I liked how it worked in Darklands where if you lose a guy, you just get a new one.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
I'd just like to go over why I think the changes were good. The gist of it is that although the old combat system was more elegant and clean and fun it's ultimately not a tactical combat game but an RPG that has combat in it.
That may be the case, but the old sytem still allows for progression. More shieding, increased damage, increased mobility, waves of enemies. These are al things that could have gone deeper into those much cleaner mechanics that offered a more tactical challenge.

I'd say my game revolves around exploration, doing quests, stacking shekels and giving your party members a good retirement.
Im talking about the combat, not the exploration aspect. But we can talk about that later.

I agree it was fun and not what you see in most RPGs
It was literally the only thing that set your game apart.

As I've said before, the old combat system prevented having character progression, equipment/ability upgrades and fine tuning the combat system.
Not really. You could still implement those things. Also a much more interesting character progression would come outside the combat, as your characters grew more experienced they could get better at travelling around the world, or implement sidegrades, like the ability to wield different weapons.

Like if a level 1 archer does 1 damage and shoots 3 spaces away, what should a level 2 archer be able to do? How about level 5 with a thrice upgraded bow?
Well, you could start with small upgrades that simply save you from fuck ups, like for example a 5% chance to avoid a ranged proyectile, or a 3% chance to shoot again. Things that wouldnt fundamentally change the combat, but would save the player when he screws up. Maybe a chance for your arrows to outright slay an enemy regardless of hp or shielding.
These things are no incompatible with your old system, because the lethality would still be there.
Your shieldguy could probably have a chance to avoid losing the shield if he gets hit while holding it. Your fencer could have a small chance to gain an attack or a movement after attacking or getting attacked.
These while still holding on to the 2 hp 1 damage rules your characters have.
You could also offer consumables, like greek fire.
Enemies with poison attacks could exist, the poison could take several rounds to act but keep acting outside of combat, you either treat it or you pray it doesnt kill you. Diseases would be the same, only over a longer period of time, maybe even having you start a battle with 1 hp instead of 2.

Character progression and weapon/armor upgrades are the staples of the RPG genre, and I set out to create a RPG (that involves combat as one part of it), not some kind of hexagonal battle chess.
That can still exist as i explained above.

Aren't randomized damage and critical chance present in pretty much every RPG? That criticism can also apply to say Planescape Torment or Fallout, and to a much greater degree because in my game there are no misses - the range of randomization is much smaller.
They dont end the game if you die, on the contrary, in some of those cases you die and the game begins.

As for having zero control over criticals, fencer lunge gives you a 3x chance of a critical, sweep gives you a 2x chance and archer shooting from directly behind a team member (using them as a human shield) also gives 2x chance.
Thats not the problem, the problem is that you cant control when the enemy hits you critically, and it can happen, and you feel cheated because you did nothing wrong. A system that literally kills you on a whim cant support permadeath.

Again, as much or more control than in most RPGs, and that's before I introduce equipment/abilities that increase the chance of criticals.
It doesnt matter how much crit chance you have, if the enemy has a 0.000000000000000!% to crit you, it being on the game only benefits them.

Only if you consider combat to be the core of the game. The choice was either have a game with the enemies and party members the same strength throughout the game (eventually 30+ hours of gameplay) or change combat to allow progression and make combat more like in other RPGs.
Make it a good 5-10 hours instead of a grindy 30.

My original vision is for players to hire party members, help them meet their goals and get rich and then retire them, while playing through an overarching story where the adventuring company is the main focus.
If thats the goal have the main character have infinite resolve. Because it simply does not feel like an overarching story if no one of the ones that was at the start is at the end.

I am well aware that many RPG players just want good tactical combat and I think my game provides that (at least it's no worse than many other RPGs)
Your game post beta provides with nothing of the sort. If you added active abilities, magic, an inventory, etc. Then maaaaaaaaaybe, but as it is right now you just attack.

You can escape pretty much every random encounter now with money or special abilities or both, plus you can retreat at the start of combat. If I were to add bribes to remove a few enemies, that would be just another type of bribe for which I'd have to write new text content, like when you meet a band of natives, how do you bribe only a few of them? And how would that text content differ from bribing cultists or deserters? And how much would all that extra work contribute to the game?
Yeah, no. Im not wasting hours of play time because you thought itd be funny to send a random encounter where i stand no chance of winning.
Also your game became unfun. All the characters do is attack eachother, its literally a turn based game where you can only attack, and you turned it into one where all you should do is attack, movement hardly matters anymore, so instead of bidimensional combat is now onedimensional. Also most rpgs offer strategical choices, yours offers none besides the 3 guys you recruit.
Your gear upgrades are linear, leveling is linear, and combat in your game is simple and repetitive without the tactical layer it used to have.

The resolve is there to punish players who walk around without supplies (I'd like such players to uninstall my game as soon as possible) and to enforce turnover of party members.
I have never, ever ran out of supplies. I do the fights at the arena, get the 2 animals, make sure i have a guy in my team that can deal with storms. In both versions of your game i was walking around with max supplies, every upgrade and 3000 money before the second hour. Max supplies with the animals 5 minutes into the game.
Resolve mechanic used to be there to punish you for making rash judgement in a fight and getting hit. Now it goes down because the enemy got lucky with a critical, every other fight. Only time i saw it go up was after beating an "epic" fight, and then after beating an even harder encounter i got shit for my trouble. Its just all around bad if you are going to lose resolve that you cant recover simply because RNG gonna RNG.

In the next update every unique mission and a few chance encounters (like meeting refugees) will have the potential to increase the party's resolve. That said, you should keep in mind that party members are meant to be transient. I realize that flies in the face of most RPGs but I liked how it worked in Darklands where if you lose a guy, you just get a new one.
Resolve was annoying pre beta, after the beta its just infuriating, aggravating and offensively stupid, a way to punish players for their bad luck.

Chaka

Barely Literate
Hey there! I know it's been a while since you posted here and updated the game. I actually went out of my ways to create an account on this website just to send you a message.. As many have mentioned you got a masterpiece of a game.

And you made this form for feedback and assistance where needed. Just wanted to say don't take it to heart what Lhynn said about your beta version.. I read through the whole form and you have come a long way and concedered everyone's concerns and demands and made the choices you thought were best for the game I get it .

I actually agree with some of the things you mentioned about the game and also agree with some of what Lhynn said.

That being said, sometimes you need a hard blunt critic to tell you how it is and someone that knows what he is talking about.. You see something different for your game in the future then what Lhynn sees or seen.

To conclude, don't let this discourage you and keep up the good work , come out with an update soon on the play store. Many of your gamers are eagerly waiting for one... Specially for a new map and more quests , which I know are in the works.

Ps: not sure if you left this project or not but I hope this encourages you to restart that old rusty machine of yours and get back into gear.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Lhynn made me want to play the pre-beta just to see what it was like, but I guess that chance is over now.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lhynn made me want to play the pre-beta just to see what it was like, but I guess that chance is over now.

The beta link above still works, I've just downloaded it and the combat system has changed.

I had tried the non-beta version when the thread was bumped and I prefer the non-beta combat system. Overall I had a good time for a few games that mostly ended up in total wipe.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Oh wow, I forgot about this thread.

To briefly summarize the beta combat changes:
- combat damage is more granular to allow for balancing, character progression, equipment upgrades, because with the hearts and shields system any change/buff/nerf would completely unbalance all combat in the game. The reason the old combat system made the game stand out is because other RPGs don't use it. Why? Because it's completely unsuitable for RPGs for the reasons I listed above;
- randomized damage and critical hits were added to combat so that the player never feels safe and that they sometimes get wiped even if they're good. That's frustrating but realistic and I'm fine with some players ragequitting because of it. The party members are meant to be replaceable and the game is meant to be replayed. I'll be adding mechanics/features to emphasize this.

The beta feedback (beta reviews on Google Play from ~3000 beta players) is overwhelmingly positive, so I don't have any doubts about the changes. Ultimately it's meant to be a RPG, and staples of RPGs are character progression and equipment upgrades and the old combat system was unsuitable for that.

Ps: not sure if you left this project or not but I hope this encourages you to restart that old rusty machine of yours and get back into gear.

I've been working on the game sporadically, but not nearly as much as I wanted. And the work can be torturous. For example I worked on one quest for three weeks full time and ended up cutting it completely because I felt it was crap. That's almost a full-time-employment-month of working on one quest that the player can finish in 5 minutes if they skim the descriptions and 10 minutes if they read everything, and now it's gone. To add 20 hours of gameplay at that rate, I'd need 6.5 years of working full-time, and that's assuming I don't cut anything.

Anyway, thank you for keeping up with the game. I can't say when the next update will be and what it will contain. Most likely no new map areas. I know... best forget about the game and Google will notify you when there's an update.

You can still get the pre-beta combat system on Google Play, unless you enrolled into the beta in which case you need to opt out to get the public release version. I'd say Lynn is correct in that the old combat system is more fun and unique, but it's just not suitable for a RPG or at least not the kind I want to make.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I'd say Lynn is correct in that the old combat system is more fun and unique, but it's just not suitable for a RPG or at least not the kind I want to make.
Hope you find some other use for it, since it's kind of odd to invent something fun and then not want to use it in the end product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom