Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

I can't understand what people have against action queueing, I have never heard that somebody complained about it in Aurora engine.

I don't like that you have only 4 companions at level 5 which should be a middle of the game. I can understand that they want to gradually increase difficulty and complexity but I hate it when I can't build my party from the early game. Beside that and some minor grievances I really like what I'm seeing.
You get all your possible companions by the end of Act 1.
Companions featured in beta are blank adventurers because of spoilers.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I love Adam to death, I would fight six.. no, seven giant beetles for him... but this moment needs to be sweetly savored.
Do you guys play and test games the other teams are working on at Obsidian?

Can you fire it up and show him how it's done?

Absolutely, I have the game installed right now. I played some of it - but I stopped. I stopped for the same reason I stopped playing WL2, I want the full experience later.

All joking and kidding aside, Adam is actually VERY good at video games.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Missiles fire from the feet, and monsters despawn after 5 seconds:P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's with the retards in the comments (lol, I know) that keep saying "Hitler was actually right - Johan Andersson". I assume that's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Andersson_(game_programmer)

Does Paradox's lead programmer have skeletons in his closet?

Don't read twitch chats much do ya? It's 4chan-style at all times.

I realize that, but I thought it might be a reference to something specific and not some inane meme

Gozma

Arcane
I tell ya they really chose the sexiest stuff to show off in these demos. You got your beetles, your wolves, your spiders. Where are the skeleton warriors though?

imweasel

I tell ya they really chose the sexiest stuff to show off in these demos. You got your beetles, your wolves, your spiders. Where are the skeleton warriors though?
I'd like to see some skellies. And undead wizards (liches) too.

You can have six party members in the final game right?
Yes. The amount of companions you can have in your party increases gradually as the story progresses. The maximum party size is six.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can have six party members in the final game right?
Yes. The amount of companions you can have in your party increases gradually as the story progresses. The maximum party size is six.
It looks like the beta might be limited to 5, but at the inn they showed the option to hire another character. So maybe you just get 4 free companions and you can choose to hire a 5th or not.

this fucking game looks awesome as hell, icewind dale series being my favorite CRPG (maybe tied with fallout 2) ever I think I really am going to like this game more than any other in last 15 years. I hope they keep making more of these types of improved infinity engine games, I would buy 20 of them of they make them.

When is the actual release date for the full version of the game? I am not going to play the beta, but is this thing coming out in like NOV? Man that now feels like a long time to wait after seeing these videos.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope they postpone this game until 2015 cuz I'm gonna play Warlords of Draenor in november and december.

:popamole:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I recall Hector Espinoza saying Adam's good at Quake. Not sure which Quake though, I'd love to play some Quake 3 Arena against him ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom