Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Osvir

Learned
Perkel name one game in Alpha/Beta stage that has all options available during this stage. Isn't options something that's put in at almost the last stage?

Surely there's going to be an "Advanced Graphics" or "Advanced Options" button later on.

Divinity: Original Sin had like, only, resolution options Early Early Access.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Perkel name one game in Alpha/Beta stage that has all options available.

Divinity: Original Sin had like, only, resolution options Early Early Access.

My original post was like.
"Dude it's fucking pseudo 2D game that will work on PII 400Mhz with whole 64Ram"
but i decided to delete that and wrote that.

Now i reap glorious but-hurt.

For every buthurt i live 1 day longer.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Colorblind mode ... wonder what that does? (probably makes the selection circles blue)

Probably changes hues for some colors. It's actually quite easy to add that to your rendering pipeline and helps a lot for people with this affliction.

I think it's to do with selection circles, tbh.

I played at 40. I thought that was the sweet spot between smooth and too fast.

Raggg

Novice
You should be able to queue up actions like in an RTS. I can't think of any good reason why wouldn't have that.

Arkeus

Arcane
You should be able to queue up actions like in an RTS. I can't think of any good reason why wouldn't have that.
Ok, let's give you some:

1°) AoE and even CC abilities mean that you can't queue actions without constantly having to unqueue them, as not only enemy moves, but status effect means you need to quickly change your tactics. Having action queuing will mean that the tactical elements of the game will need to be lessened in order not to make the queuing an actual detriment/hassle for the player.

2°) Having queuing action will institute a "use abilities all the time" reflex from the player, and it doesn't mesh well at all with semi-Vancian magic. This means that players will want to rest more and more and more, and it will completely skew the game's balance.

Spockrock

Augur
Lol, cosmetic pets? Really?
it was in one of the reward tiers during the Kickstarter, so instead of just making one pet or w/e and wasting a whole system built specifically for it they make a lot of pets.

is everyone on this forum a troll or just plain stupid? I can't imagine what has to be going on inside one's head to complain about something so obvious

Perkel

Arcane
it was in one of the reward tiers during the Kickstarter, so instead of just making one pet or w/e and wasting a whole system built specifically for it they make a lot of pets.

is everyone on this forum a troll or just plain stupid? I can't imagine what has to be going on inside one's head to complain about something so obvious

CA doing arcanum play-trough also was kickstarter stretch goal and yet CA didn't leave Shrouded Hills.

Raggg

Novice
Ok, let's give you some:

1°) AoE and even CC abilities mean that you can't queue actions without constantly having to unqueue them, as not only enemy moves, but status effect means you need to quickly change your tactics. Having action queuing will mean that the tactical elements of the game will need to be lessened in order not to make the queuing an actual detriment/hassle for the player.

2°) Having queuing action will institute a "use abilities all the time" reflex from the player, and it doesn't mesh well at all with semi-Vancian magic. This means that players will want to rest more and more and more, and it will completely skew the game's balance.

You don't have to have a queueing system where you have to unqueue actions though. Just have the queue be optional, triggered by using a modifier key, and the default is to clear the queue and put in a new action.

SwiftCrack

Arcane

CA doing arcanum play-trough also was kickstarter stretch goal and yet CA didn't leave Shrouded Hills.

Inside joke from the get-go.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Wasting a whole system built specifically for cosmetic pets. Let me repeat that: a whole a whole system built specifically for cosmetic pets that have absolutely no effect in the game. Unlike the mostly useless familiars in BG2, they are completely useless this time around.

And to make it better, they make lots of them!

So Spockrock, are you:

a.) a dumbfuck
b.) blinded by your love for Sawyer
c.) Obsidian employee

Also, what is your pet Spockrock, a pink pony?

Raggg

Novice

Wasting a whole system built specifically for cosmetic pets. Let me repeat that: a whole a whole system built specifically for cosmetic pets that have absolutely no effect in the game. Unlike the mostly useless familiars in BG2, they are completely useless this time around.

And to make it better, they make lots of them!

So Spockrock, are you:

a.) a dumbfuck
b.) blinded by your love for Sawyer
c.) Obsidian employee

Also, what is your pet Spockrock, a pink pony?
They serve the purpose that you can have a cute little pet follow you around, and look at and go "dawwwww".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obsidian committed to giving backers of the $50 and above Kickstarter tiers a pet.

But following the precedent set by Wasteland 2, Kickstarter-exclusive in-game perks shouldn't affect game balance, so making it cosmetic was a reasonable choice.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The implementation was pretty much this

Add slot to inventory for pet
Use already made creatures - dog, cat, spider, pig - shrink models where necessary
Make item like Boo

Done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom