Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pathfinder Adventures card game

Athelas

Arcane
Obviously we could do something like Neverwinter Nights 2.
Please don't.

Duraframe300

Arcane
20150528-Photo1.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
KLWDizK.jpg

t61I9xW.jpg

SdUGFzK.jpg

We learned that the game will be released for iPad and Android tablets with other platforms a possibility down the road. PACG will not launch with online multiplayer, but it will have a solo mode as well as pass-and-play. Don’t give up all hope, though, online play is still in discussion, it just won’t be there at launch. That said, PACG is a cooperative game that works best solo anyway (for me), so this one doesn’t bother me as much as it probably should.

The game is currently very playable and they’re working on all the expansions for the Rise of the Runelords campaign, hoping to have a good backlog of expansions at launch rather than forcing fans to sit and wait for more content. As for that release date, they’re still mum. We agreed to meet and see some new gameplay at Gen Con later this month, however, so it sounds like release won’t be until after that for sure. Just a guess, though.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/i...ath-update-on-pathfinder-adventure-card-game/

J1M

Arcane
KLWDizK.jpg

t61I9xW.jpg

SdUGFzK.jpg

We learned that the game will be released for iPad and Android tablets with other platforms a possibility down the road. PACG will not launch with online multiplayer, but it will have a solo mode as well as pass-and-play. Don’t give up all hope, though, online play is still in discussion, it just won’t be there at launch. That said, PACG is a cooperative game that works best solo anyway (for me), so this one doesn’t bother me as much as it probably should.

The game is currently very playable and they’re working on all the expansions for the Rise of the Runelords campaign, hoping to have a good backlog of expansions at launch rather than forcing fans to sit and wait for more content. As for that release date, they’re still mum. We agreed to meet and see some new gameplay at Gen Con later this month, however, so it sounds like release won’t be until after that for sure. Just a guess, though.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/i...ath-update-on-pathfinder-adventure-card-game/
No PC master race and no multiplayer. Is this being developed in someone's garage? On a tablet?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5li9h?Whats-New-With-Obsidians-Adventure-Card-Game

What's New With Obsidian's Adventure Card Game?
Tuesday, November 24, 2015

We've been admittedly pretty quiet since we showed the game at Gen Con and then PAX back in August. There's been a fair bit of speculation about it. So I guess first I'll clear some stuff up.

We won't be releasing the game in fall 2015... and that's a good thing!

Time for context!

Back when we started this project, I worked out the scope of the game with the execs at Obsidian. André Nguyen created a great mockup of gameplay in Flash that helped get everyone at Obsidian and at Paizo on board (I may share some screens from that version at some point). We agreed on a pretty limited set of features to begin with—enough so that you could play through the Base deck of Rise of the Runelords. I knew a three-scenario game would be enough to prove the game out, but not enough to bring to market. As development continued and our confidence in the product grew, we kept building upon what we had piece by piece, carefully increasing the scope over time. With each additional piece, we added a lot more content and improved presentation—well beyond our original plans.

So that brings us up to today, and more importantly, a release date that we're moving to early 2016. Why is that a good thing?

Well, behind the scenes at Obsidian, we are now planning a better, stronger launch than ever before. And I gotta tell you, I'm excited! There are so many cool things in the works, including some that will let you experience the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game in new ways. First, there's this cool new...

Feargus (CEO, Obsidian Entertainment): Davis! Not yet!

Ah, right. There's a whole plan for talking about this.

In the meantime, I think there are some new things I can "leak."

We've been working closely with Paizo and Lone Shark to make this game as awesome as possible. In most cases, that means staying true to the original rules and intent. There are times where the limitations of interface (over a tabletop) mean it's better if we change the mechanics of the card to fit our game. A simple example of this comes from the "Cloud" spells.

"Don't you know that you're toxic?" ...yep, the card game blog got a Britney reference.

From a mechanics perspective, we removed the "when a character encounters" part of the spell and made it work more like other displayed spells such as Strength and Glibness. It’s a minor change in functionality, but a large benefit for our interface: instead of stopping gameplay whenever a bane is encountered in order to see if the character with this spell wants to play it, it’s now available before or after an exploration or on a combat check. You’ll also notice that we've made some changes to the card layout; for the most part, we've done this to give the card art a bit more room. We also introduced icons for the different card types, as there are places where our user interface really benefits from that. And Paizo has updated the wording where appropriate.

The folks at Paizo have also given us opportunities to add cards here and there that are unique to the digital game. Here are some of my favorites so far:

Rusted Chain doesn't care about your armor proficiency.

The original game has a lot of standard chain mail. We switched out some of them with minor mechanical changes and art revisions. As you know from playing the game, anything that adds to the thrill of discovery is a good thing.

And speaking of thrilling, our artist, Lindsey Laney, was inspired to create the art for a new card in her free time. I can only describe it as a move for gender equality.

In case you ever wondered what a half-orc with high Charisma looks like.

Now let me tell you about who's playable in the tutorial...

Feargus: Davis! Back to work!

Alrighty! Gotta go! More information to come.

Nathan Davis
Multiclass Designer-Producer
Obsidian Entertainment

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Coming in March on iOS and Anroid: https://pathfinder.obsidian.net/news/pathfinder-adventures-will-be-released-march-29th

Pathfinder Adventures Will Be Released March 29th!

IRVINE, CA - Jan 21, 2016 -
Obsidian Entertainment and Paizo, Inc announced today their highly-anticipated genre-bending adventure card game, Pathfinder Adventures will arrive on Apple iPad and Android tablets on March 29th, with other platforms to follow. Based on Paizo’s award winning Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Adventures offers players a fast, approachable introduction to the fantasy world of Pathfinder through the digital medium, resulting in a deeply strategic role-playing inspired co-operative experience while streamlining the setup of the tabletop game.

Pathfinder Adventures invites players to build a party of iconic Pathfinder heroes as they tackle the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. Each hero draws from their own unique deck of cards representing their powers and abilities using them to overcome obstacles, slay monsters and ultimately defeat the sinister villains of each adventure. Success depends on matching the right champion to the right challenge, pairing your party members’ powers together, and playing your cards wisely.

Heroes level up with each adventure, gaining new abilities, and building out their inventory of powerful spells, weapons and companions. No adventure plays the same way twice letting both solo players and multiplayer groups return toPathfinder Adventures again and again for completely new experiences. Obsidian is also dedicated to supporting Pathfinder Adventures with the regular release of new adventure decks for purchase that will take the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path to its climactic final encounter.

“Obsidian has a history of working with deep, richly-textured fantasy worlds, from Star Wars to Fallout. We’re thrilled to play in Paizo’s sandbox and adapt it for both the fan of the tabletop game and a brand new audience of digital gamers,” said CEO Feargus Urquhart. “It’s fitting that we will start with the first Pathfinder adventure ever written, the classic and well-loved Rise of the Runelords.”

Pathfinder Adventures will initially launch as a single-player or pass-and-play experience with online multiplayer support being added in the coming months. The game will be available to download for free on March 29 and includes a tutorial as well as the adventure, Perils of the Lost Coast. Additional adventure decks will be available for purchase at launch, and regular intervals thereafter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom