Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian working on 1 Slam Dunk, 2 Original Titles

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Jason said:
Did the Icewind Dale thing blow over? If not, that seems likely.
Was under the impression that was something they recently started talking about, rather than something in development. I could be wrong.
Yes, they've talked too much about it in interviews. They would have avoided the subject if they really were working on it. My bet is on the game of thrones.

Rhalle

Magister
jiujitsu said:
There can't be a PS:T 2. It would be too hard to live up to the original.

Yes, but would it sell?

Someone should photoshop a dialogue wheel onto a portrait of PS:T NPC. Much comedy (and prescience) would ensue.

Gondolin

Arcane
Rhalle said:
jiujitsu said:

Yes, but would it sell?

Someone should photoshop a dialogue wheel onto a portrait of PS:T NPC. Much comedy (and prescience) would ensue.

Ravel: What can changes the nature of a man?

TNO: I want to be a dragon.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dungeon Siege and Icewind Dale aren't SLAM DUNK IPs. They have some name recognition, granted, but nowhere near the likes of Fallout or Star Wars.

A Ghost RPG in the Starcraft setting reusing the Alpha Protocol assets would be textbook SLAM DUNK. But of course Blizzard would never allow that. So, the next most popular sci-fi universe... Halo?

Fantasy-wise Game of Thrones would be interesting depending on the approach that they take. As in an approach HIGHLY focused on diplomatic and intrigue skill-checks, rather than bandit slaying 101. nstead of just being strung along by the manipulations of everyone else, passively reacting rather than being pro-active, and finally, somehow, ending up on top, the game will need to make the player feel like a plotter with his own agenda and plans.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Maybe.

I'll grant you Icewind Dale but Dungeon Siege III will not be one considering that this is the first commercial use of their engine.

deuxhero

Arcane
My Bison bucks are on Chrono Trigger (one of their leaders mentioned wanting to do it) and a Troika property.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Treave is shameful and his 'slamdunk' ignorance. It doesn't mean game will sell millions of copies. It means it will make money.

ie. IWD2 was a slamdunk even though it didn't sell millions but it was relatively cheap to make.

ie. KOTOR MMO is not a slamdunk b/c the game is verye xpensive so it is guaranteed to make a real profit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, that's why I said Icewind Dale 3 could probably be a slam dunk target since they'll have to pay for the Onyx engine with Dungeon Siege 3.

Wasn't a slam dunk something to push out fast and churn money for them?

I'm just not sure that the Icewind Dale IP is marketable enough at the moment to be profitable.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Exmit said:
Torment 2

The nature of a man has changed...

:mca:

Oh please god no. Leave it as it is.

IF it's really IWD2 or something along these lines, I sure hope (as if... :roll: ) that it's an oldschool topdown 2D Game with pre-rendered maps and such.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I hope it's not A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones game because those/that book is utter piece of shit, boring banal shit like Dragon Age.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Hey Welcome to the Codex. You now have 1 Kodex Kool Kid points because you complained about a Biowhore game.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Ravel: What can changes the nature of a man?

TNO: I want to be a dragon.

TNO: *Perhaps you should head over to the Bioware online store. The right answer DLC for only 2.99$ !*

Would you like to enter the store now?
Yes.
Of course.
Surely.

ElectricOtter

Barrow_Bug said:
Can you surf in Oregon?
Not recommended, the coast is cold as fuck this time of year. Wait, what were we talking about?

Ladonna

Arcane
jiujitsu said:

It would be ten times better than the original. The magazines and sales figures would verify this.

ElectricOtter

Barrow_Bug said:
Oh cool ETC. What about Oreo's. Are then in fact from Oregon. This matters, man.
Naw, bro, those are from NYC.

Jarpie said:
I hope it's not A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones game because those/that book is utter piece of shit, boring banal shit like Dragon Age.

:what:

Ok i understand it's nowhere near the level of Dune but seriously it's still top end of fantasy genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom