Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Obsidian willing to pimp out Pillars of Eternity like the cheap whore it is.

Big Wrangle

Imagine if some dev signs up and makes Pillars of Eternity: New Drywood and it turns out Obsidian gave them the Bethesda treatment of back during New Vegas.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Imagine if some dev signs up and makes Pillars of Eternity: New Drywood and it turns out Obsidian gave them the Bethesda treatment of back during New Vegas.
Of course they will. Chris confirmed Fearg treats contractors as poorly as publishers treat him.

Bocian

Arcane
This is horny teen fanfic level of bad.
OFUJ9Mn.png
Admit it, you would reap her.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
What's the price? Although it might be better to use another name, that's a mouthful(i actually liked I and II).

Ventidius

Arbiter

I would play the shit out of a PoE-themed arcade beat'em up.

EDIT: In the PoE-version of the above thumbnail all four boxes would say: "Does exactly the same shit the others do", topkek

There is no need. We already have Dragon's Crown, which has a much better setting for the purposes of a proper DnDish-themed romp. I mean, at least it has proper vampires instead of those lame totally-not-vampires, not to mention the obligatory ridiculously unrealistic fantasy babes. Plus, it was directed by George Kamitani, one of the designers of Tower of Doom.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There is no need. We already have Dragon's Crown, which has a much better setting for the purposes of a proper DnDish-themed romp. I mean, at least it has proper vampires instead of those lame totally-not-vampires, not to mention the obligatory ridiculously unrealistic fantasy babes. Plus, it was directed by George Kamitani, one of the designers of Tower of Doom.
Not only is Dragon's Crown a great beat-'em-up with RPG elements, but it also has owlbears. :love:

latest

latest

Bonerbill

Augur

EDIT: In the PoE-version of the above thumbnail all four boxes would say: "Does exactly the same shit the others do", topkek

It's a gaystation exclusive though. no thanks.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Not only is Dragon's Crown a great beat-'em-up with RPG elements, but it also has owlbears. :love:

Owlbears are pretty good, but we know who the most badass enemy is...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They could hire someone to write a game that makes people actually care about the setting.
For this to happen it is the writer who should care in the first place.

Instead, we are left with well-meaning people who really want to be writers, but keep sliding on the surface of the world they are trying to write about. Superficial, beholden to pop culture cliches, and simply uninspired. That's the general impression I get, although with some shining exceptions.

Black

Arcane

Dude don't post good games in a poe thread, that's not cool.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I almost make a new setting for every campaign I DM.
Yeah, I highly doubt that you come up with a new world, with new races, new history, new bestiary everytime. So spare me your bullshit. Hurr-durr, I don't like PoE's setting so it was probably piss easy to create it. Anybody can do it.

Give me a break.
Fampyr
qed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom