Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian to develop NWN 2

Transcendent One

Liturgist
I can't wait to see what happens when the previews start coming in :twisted:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
Oh please. It works bothw ays here. you got the regulars, and new comers whining how crappy NWN was.

You make it sound like the value of NWN was a constant topic at the boards. I recall it was highly talked about for a while, but then it faded away. Also, there's a difference between having the regulars discussing something, and having a board flooded with one-post users and flamers/trolls/spam-oriented people registering to discuss that same something.

No need to whine because others disagree with you.

Because, you know, pointing out an increase in users in a forum along with a certain poor attitude is the *exact* same as whining about someone disagreeing with me. Really tried to stretch the credibility in that one, Vol.

And, considering, it';s not like that many people registering you are streptyping a large group of people for maybe 10 or so ding dongs.

And did i say all that registered did this? I said that "you get people registering to do...", i didn't stated that all that register are bad. Like in any other community, there are actually intelligent people. But the ratio of finding them is the same as fnding non-13 year old virgins in GameFAQs.

As for the number of people registering, you should actually check. Then double-check. Yes, its increasing fast. I wouldn't be surprised if Obsidian also pulled a look at our graphic showing you we're the bestest and you luv us.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Transcendent One said:
I can't wait to see what happens when the previews start coming in

Its not that hard to imagine. You'll get the mandatory virtual handjob to Bioware for presenting one of the most stunning CRPGs of the last decade, followed by how they singlehandedly managed to save D&D, cure AIDS, and bring back retro hairstyles with success, then a statement trying to calm down the peasants because it isn't Bioware handling the project but is instead the magnificent work of those that included whores that reacted to your Power Armor in Fallout 2, then a comparison of how this time around there is a tyranny of choices, then how its all excusable because of some virtual nookie options and better FX, and its all sun and flowers and Obsidian are Bioware Jr.

Briosafreak

Augur
Role-Player said:
The Obsidian forums are a shithole right now. You have people registering just to tell us that NWN is the best CRPG ever, that Aribeth was profound, and that anyone that criticizes NWN is a loser because they don't play its modules. Like i predicted, the announcement is drawing in a fanbase thats terrible.

Yep good sumary.

I`ve placed your pic on my space, so you won`t have more troubles

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/jonaac/feargie1.gif

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You make it sound like the value of NWN was a constant topic at the boards."

What/ This doens't even make sense. It doesn't even follow our discussion.

"Because, you know, pointing out an increase in users in a forum along with a certain poor attitude is the *exact* same as whining about someone disagreeing with me."

Of course, the bad attitude is not just the pro NWNers which you seem to be implying. Anytime some one tries to say something positive about NWN; you get the following postsL "You a troll!", "You stupid fool!", or "You are 9", et.c, etc. It's funny, it's funny.

"As for the number of people registering, you should actually check. Then double-check. Yes, its increasing fast."

LMAO Just checked. Total members are not even 2000 yet. BIo boards have 2 mil + (many multiples) so yeah when you say it's "increasing fast" or "large number of newcomers"; i hold that dubiously in regard. It hasn't increased that much. And, the actual number of new people whoa re actually posting isn't that high. i'd be surprised if it's even 100 new members who ahve posted more than once in the last two days.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Obsidian also pulled a look at our graphic showing you we're the bestest and you luv us."

R00fles!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
What/ This doens't even make sense. It doesn't even follow our discussion.

It's late and i'm tired. Do i have to do all the work for you? Just tell me i'm right and grant me a good night's sleep :lol:

Of course, the bad attitude is not just the pro NWNers which you seem to be implying. Anytime some one tries to say something positive about NWN; you get the following postsL "You a troll!", "You stupid fool!", or "You are 9", et.c, etc. It's funny, it's funny.

Er, people have said positive things about NWN there. Hell, even i did (well, perhaps not outright positive, but at least neutral or not entirely negative). Thats not the issue, the issue is the presentation of the opinion. Flogging NWN's corpse is as bad as telling someone they're iditots because they don't like NWN. And that is happening, by the hands of newly registered people.

LMAO Just checked. Total members are not even 2000 yet. BIo boards have 2 mil + (many multiples) so yeah when you say it's "increasing fast" or "large number of newcomers"; i hold that dubiously in regard. It hasn't increased that much. And, the actual number of new people whoa re actually posting isn't that high. i'd be surprised if it's even 100 new members who ahve posted more than once in the last two days.

If you get close to one hundred in almost two days, that is somewhat fast. Can't say its as fast as the Bioware boards, granted, but its fast regardless. And i suspect it will keep on going at a similar rate for quite a while.

Briosafreak said:
I`ve placed your pic on my space, so you won`t have more troubles

Ha, good one, thanks :D I've also managed to get a temporary place for them as well. Just click on Images :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Just tell me i'm right and grant me a good night's sleep"

No.

"Er, people have said positive things about NWN there."

Yeah, and?

"Hell, even i did"

Never said you didn't.

"Thats not the issue, the issue is the presentation of the opinion."

I agree. that's why saying NWN sucks over,a nd over again is just as bad as saying its' good and/or perfect over, and over again. Don't think I need to tell you this; but I ahve criticized NWN multiple times.

"And that is happening, by the hands of newly registered people. "

Some new people (or at elast those I don't recognize) have also taken to bashing NWN, and its "supporters". Worsk both ways. Not to mention, "regulars" are also joining in on the fun. To me it seems you (and others) have this attitude that Obsidian is your 'turf" and the newbies have no right to share their opnion so they should STFU. R00fles! :D

"If you get close to one hundred in almost two days, that is somewhat fast."

No faster than when Obsidan first opened the boards...

Spazmo

Erudite
Regardless of who's to blame, there's no denying that there's some ridiculous posting going on at Obsidian. Just in the NWN2 subsection, there are since the announcement 150 new topics and 2267 new posts. Two thousand two hundred and sixty seven. In a day. And that number is from about ten minutes ago and has surely increased significantly since. Either there's been a big invasion of Obsidian by BioWare fans or the Obsidian forumites were spammers to begin with (I think both are true, really), but in any case, the Obsidian forums are going to be virtually unreadable for some time.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"virtually unreadable for some time."

Only if you were unable to read to begin with. :roll:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:

Yes.

"Er, people have said positive things about NWN there."

Yeah, and?

And, there wasn't as much of a problem then. When you say that anytime someone tries to say something positive about NWN they get hammered isn't always true.

I agree. that's why saying NWN sucks over,a nd over again is just as bad as saying its' good and/or perfect over, and over again. Don't think I need to tell you this; but I ahve criticized NWN multiple times.

Yes, i know.

Some new people (or at elast those I don't recognize) have also taken to bashing NWN, and its "supporters". Worsk both ways. Not to mention, "regulars" are also joining in on the fun. To me it seems you (and others) have this attitude that Obsidian is your 'turf" and the newbies have no right to share their opnion so they should STFU. R00fles! :D

I'm not a gang leader, nor any aspiration to be one, so i don't exactly consider anything to be my turf. Certainly not the Obsidian boards. I simply don't care much for invading n00bs who do far worse than the regulars, on whatever forums i go to.

No faster than when Obsidan first opened the boards...

True, but the fanbase had more or less stabilized. It increased a bit with the announcement of Knights 2, and NWN2 being in development will attract more people. Hopefully at one point they'll stop being of the same vintage as those that are appearing there now.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Great stuff RP, although I believe it would benefit from horizontally mirroring Gaiders head. His neck looks a bit twisted doesn't it - but then some people will argue he has no spine anyway. :lol:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
:lol: Good point there, Whip. I'll be fixing it today :)

EDIT: For some reason the site doesnt update the image. I've uploaded the corrected version of the image and html files, and it doesn't change them. Hmm.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Nevermind, nevermind, folks. Its already fixed. Whip was right, the site needed some time to refresh. So now you have Gaider in a more anatomically correct position.

Though if you want to Brios, i can still send them to you :)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hi there, folks. Just came back from Germany, where I spend a fantastic month, and I have over 600 mails to read and all the topics from July. I noticed that some of you were talking about the engine Obsidian was going to use for NWN2, and no one mentioned the Eclipse engine. Does any of you know anything about that?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Apparently Bioware registered an engine called the Eclipse Engine, but its not the one for NWN2, because that will be using Aurora (even if, apparantly, modified).

Could it be for the Star Citadel thingie?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"invading n00bs who do far worse than the regulars"

No, they're not. Stop being silly. How are they supposed to react when they dare to post how much they like NWN, and someone replies 2 seconds later how much they are a stupid newb and should STFU? I mean, geez. You treat someone like that when their only crime is registering a board to discuss a sequel to a game they like is silly. If anything NWN fans have more of a "right' to discuss NWN2 then those who don't since it's probably gonna be the same basic gameplay as the original. Of course, I'm one who thinks both sides should play nice as both have their shit disturbers. I think I've counted maybe 5-10 posters on each side max who are being moronic. btw, Otehr than your original post about the forums here you haven't been too bad. :lol: (not that only need my approval, lol).

"Apparently Bioware registered an engine called the Eclipse Engine"

Maybe, or it could be for BG3...

Avin

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"Apparently Bioware registered an engine called the Eclipse Engine"

Maybe, or it could be for BG3...

... hmmm... very interesting theory...

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
No, they're not. Stop being silly.

Sorry, but I consider several people registering simply to make 1 to 10 posts telling how NWN is kewl beans being worse than having the regulars discuss it. I'm not complaining about those that spport it, again, its a matter of how either side presents itself.

Otehr than your original post about the forums here you haven't been too bad.

Well i'm not exactly interested in dealing with the whole NWN2 deal. I didn't cared much for the original, and pretty much everything about its pros and cons has been discussed to death. The post i made here was more of a reflection on the state of the board, not exactly related to NWN itself.

But since its costumary, NWN blows :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Well i'm not exactly interested in dealing with the whole NWN2 deal. I didn't cared much for the original, and pretty much everything about its pros and cons has been discussed to death. The post i made here was more of a reflection on the state of the board, not exactly related to NWN itself. "

Yeah.

"But since its costumary, NWN blows"

LOL I'll let ya imagine my response to this. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom