Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian going down to South Park

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
lolwut

Deleted member 7219

Ok, make this, but you've got to make another Fallout game and a unique IP too.

MCA
MapMan said:
7x9bD.gif

waywardOne

Arcane
The timing couldn't be better. This season has been one of the most boring and lamely didactic ever. It makes sense that an "rpg" would be born of this.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's a better setting than regular swords & sorcery / space knights bullshit.

Stinger

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
There was a trailer where they showed a little gameplay. Reminded me of castle crashers or whatever that game was called.

Link?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
deuxhero said:
Wait, this is a THQ product?

:x

They have the Avatar license! Why put Obsidian to this crap?

What, you rather they make a RPG based off blue furries? Oh wow.

DemonKing

Arcane
I can honestly say that the idea of setting a CRPG in the South Park setting never occurred to me.

I can also honestly say that I have no interest at all in this.

Sorry Obsidian, that's 3 products in a row now I haven't bought...

Stakhanov

Augur
Disappointing but not going to rage about a silly licensed game that will have little to no impact on the industry and will help Obsidian stay afloat. Obsidian is a double agent working for the decline with the potential to release something good and that's about the most that can be expected until the gaming market changes.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jaesun said:
It's honestly a better RPG setting than BioWares boring Dragon Turd setting.
No. Bioware has a history of making interesting settings and then doing fuck all with them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dicksmoker said:
Jaesun said:
It's honestly a better RPG setting than BioWares boring Dragon Turd setting.
No. Bioware has a history of making interesting settings and then doing fuck all with them.

Sadly, you are quite correct. They seem to do a better job with an established setting (BG and BG II).

skyst

Augur
I tend to like my RPGs as serious as possible, but after spending a day raging about this South Park RPG, I suddenly find myself eerily optimistic. I liken this news to my feelings when the Super Mario RPG launched, which came out when I was 10 or whatever and my gaming world was limited to SNES. My young, elitist mind thought, "What is this kiddy Mario bullshit?" preferring the likes of FFVI and Chrono Trigger, yet it ended up being a very solid RPG for what it was... a SNES game, after all.

If they go full retard with the fantasy South Park stuff like in the picture and if the writing is solid... this might be viable. If anything, pray it rakes in the money and gets us more Arcanum/ToEE style financial flops that are regarded as amazing for the following decade.

Wintermute

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What can change the nature of a Cartman?

Sounds better than yet another bog standard fantasy setting.
Can't wait to kill Kenny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom