Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ugh, Avellone re-tweeting that shit too. unfollowed!
Between not really making very impressive endeavors in the realms of RPGs lately (anti-IE IE successor, asian mmo, and a fucking wargame), and pandering to the Paris Hilton non-gamer journalists and drama queens, Obsidian is losing face quickly.

I thought inXile would have nothing on Obsidian. They've already surpassed by miles.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Between not really making very impressive endeavors in the realms of RPGs lately (anti-IE IE successor, asian mmo, and a fucking wargame), and pandering to the Paris Hilton non-gamer journalists and drama queens, Obsidian is losing face quickly.

I thought inXile would have nothing on Obsidian. They've already surpassed by miles.

No

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If it makes you feel better, I'm sure there are people on the other side who get really mad whenever he retweets Crooked Bee

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

No

They're both terrible currently.
I'll reserve judgment until Obsidian actually made anything new. I am just unwilling to look past Wasteland 2 flaws to call inXile a better developer.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Q

No

They're both terrible currently.
I'll reserve judgment until Obsidian actually made anything new. I am just unwilling to look past Wasteland 2 flaws to call inXile a better developer.

I was refering to parts of the whole post, but fair enough.

Ninjerk

Arcane
If it makes you feel better, I'm sure there are people on the other side who get really mad whenever he retweets Crooked Bee
Does 'the other side' even care to know what the RPG Codex is?
And, as usual, the appalingly ignorant gathering place for hateful ciscentered rape culture enablers, the RPGCodex, provides their transphobic/cryptopatriarchal take on the matter

In the old days, I'd get a brofist for this.

Name

Cipher
What's happening with Obsidian btw? I just checked the official forum and they seem to have wiped out any secret project threads (except the next kickstarter speculation thread, which is not a secret).

I know Obsidian is working on the Kickstarter game, Tank MO and iOS card game. Also they have taken some outsourced MMO job. They have confirmed they are planning another Kickstarter game. Did they manage to pitch any other game recently?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Our Lord MCA is working on "something" but we don't know what it is (The kickstarter or something else).

Chris Avellone and hard don't mix though. See Arcanum playthrough.
Was really expecting a dick joke after the first sentence.

How dare you to question Our Holy Lord MCA virility?! Not only it's always hard but by just bestowing his holy eyes on any woman, MCA gets her to orgasm immediately and spontaneously. He sometimes does it en masse on a public transport, causing an chaos, disbelief and confusion. Authorities try to hide it, calling it a "flash mob" but we know The Truth.

Were you expecting a troll here? All I have said is true. Begone ,foul disbeliever!

Delterius

Arcane
Chris Avellone and hard don't mix though. See Arcanum playthrough.
Was really expecting a dick joke after the first sentence.
But now I ask you, what was it that destroyed Lord Avellone's Arcanum playthrough?

That's right.

It was a dick joke all along.

965474677_7etTF-L.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom