Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Is Chris depressed or something?

Honestly from reading his posts/tweets and hearing him talk I have always thought he sounded kind of unhappy/depressed. Also the way he's cynical about love (in RL) and other stuff kind of comes across as if he is depressed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Alcohol is a depressant.

Good thing Josh and I don't bother with the stuff.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
They're Kickstarting a new series. I think the idea is for the Eternity games to be self-sustaining after PoE releases.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Is the money in Weimar Republic marks? That would certainly explain the dust.
Wheelbarrow-of-Money-300x300.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New MCA podcast: http://memoryleakinterviews.com/chris-avellone-audio/

Few people understand the confluence of game systems and narrative like Chris Avellone. Since his start at Interplay in 1995 Chris has been instrumental in the development of many influential RPGs. In this interview Chris and I discuss his recent kickstarter projects, the design process at Obsidian, and the challenges of developing modern RPGs.

agris

Arcane
Patron
26:49 is when he begins discussing AP
38:35 is the Mitsoda specific discussion

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not surprised that Avellone's favorite part of Bloodlines was the level with no gameplay that you can't fail. :)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Avellone tweet on what he is doing on Pillars of Eternity:
2 companions, story and design feedback during early production, backer rewards, novella

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom