Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Project Uranus, huh?

Sounds legit. :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10560

Buck: [LAUGHTER] Yes, I see that... you alluded to the fact that it will be a year before we'll know anything. Do you have an announcement timeframe in mind?

Feargus: We don't. I would be surprised if we did announce anything in 2017. My guess is – it's literally just a guess right now – there won't be a public announcement as to what it is until 2018.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also reminds me of this Feargus interview about the parting from Armored Warfare : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-obsidian-armored-warfare-contract-termination

"What we did learn is we might not tackle a game like this again. Large MMOs are really beyond the ability of an independent developer to manage unless that developer gets huge and brings in all the other aspects of the business: operations, customer service, live operations, etc.

"Those things all sound interesting, but what is more interesting to us, and to me personally, is focusing on the making of a game. When a studio begins to focus on all those other things, you are all suddenly in a lot of meetings every day that aren't to do with game development.

"So, the answer here is we love making games," he added, "but the challenge with making a large MMO is you can't [help] but get dragged away from the game-making part."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It would explain the triangles though, if they are making some kind of simple RPG /FPS hybrid.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't think Obsidian in its current form would be well positioned for a Destiny x Borderlands game as a service.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, three of the things I hate most in gaming, FPSs, comic book/cell shaded look and "game as a service" (which just sounds awful, is it some kind of freemium or subscription based?). Is this Boyarski's "dream game"?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just the idea that Obsidian would be tasked with developing "Maybe the most ambitious Microsoft Ip at this Moment" = lol

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That isnt what tim cain is working on right?

Iirc obsidian did worked on prey 2 for some time. Maybe they are trying to kinds revive that and maybe that aint so bad

Father Foreskin

Learned
Didnt Obsidion already once try to peddle some shit for MS? They didnt want it because they had other timeless classics coming up like Ryse.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't believe people read Project Uranus and then kept reading thinking the sekret infoz was real.

Deleted member 7219

I've skipped through and watched parts of the Anthony Davis video. Will watch the whole thing when I have time - but from the short excerpts I've seen, he's fucking hilarious.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Misterx that russian xbox fag "leaked" in his forum the new Obsidian IP.
Should be presented on Microsofts E3 press conference...

New IP by Obsidian

has no name yet - Project Uranus

Sci-Fi FPS-RPG Game
Its like a Mix of Destiny and Borderlands (with an Comic Artstyle)

Maybe the most ambitious Microsoft Ip at this Moment - the game is set to be a GAAS (game as a Service) which will be updated with new content (classes, planets, story missions)

i don't know much about this, and it will release not before 2019 (i would guess 2020).

Yikes. Sounds disgusting

Who?

If you mean misterxmedia, the insane internet person who believed that there was a hidden discrete gpu hidden in the xbox one's power supply, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Prime Junta

I can't believe people read Project Uranus and then kept reading thinking the sekret infoz was real.

Many of our biggest customers were using a system called Uranus for, like, fifteen years. Even after all that time, I giggle whenever the topic of integrating to Uranus comes up.

Sadly, they're in the process of retiring it now.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Just the idea that Obsidian would be tasked with developing "Maybe the most ambitious Microsoft Ip at this Moment" = lol

I was saying all along that their publisher has to be Microsoft. Literally nobody else would be interested in outsourcing an AAA RPG.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
:russiastronk:
383c20aa345d492d4e5ff280c2410554bb3f30f0_full.jpg
With how much they've been building trump up as this patriarchal evil creature, I wonder how many gays in the lgbtqwtv community are now attracted to him? There must be rule 34 of trump being made at this point.

Quillon

Arcane
When I saw that mario-rabbit game @ubi e3 conference with xcom gameplay I thought of Feargus leader of Obz, he was talking about making an RPG with that gameplay. He talked, Nintendo did :P Next in line would be InXile to steal some xcombat.

Klarion

Arcane
They started it but they didn't make it into a 20 million selling mainstream franchise & Obs' last proper AAA rpg was New Vegas, since then a lot has changed; many-many important devs left & some joined but they haven't produced a game of same caliber. I wouldn't blame Obs for NV bugs, F3 was also buggy & NV was pretty much the same game technically but I'd blame Obs for the mess of development that is Alpha Protocol & judge them accordingly if I were a publisher. But that was long ago & apparently Obs has built trust again with smaller projects, maybe having some iconic devs(with 10+ years old buggy gems of games under their belt & have only the publishers to blame for their buggyness) also helped. So what I'm saying is its brave of the publisher to poor (prolly)$40M+ to any developer, especially to one without a recent AAA title.

I'm happy for Obs & excited about the game, Its good that the publisher is brave :P

I'm really frickin curious about who this mystery publisher could be... It looks 90% certain now that the new game is gonna be post-apoc, similar to Fallout type of thing... Who would go into something like that, hmmmm... We know it's not Paradox. Who's Beth's biggest competitor? EA? idk

EDIT: Hell I know! It's the Russians!! Gotta be them, Obsidian worked on Skyforge, Armored Warfare... both are Russian titles.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
EDIT: Hell I know! It's the Russians!! Gotta be them, Obsidian worked on Skyforge, Armored Warfare... both are Russian titles.

Putin obviously played it in his dacha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom