Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do notice how there's less mexican looking ppl...Trump administration doing work

Seems like a lot of women got fired. :M

porgiFr.jpg
did the cute one holding the first obsidian pic with the dark tshirt got fired? i cannot find her in the pic :(
The one I posted is this year's

incline

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
As long as they use that AAA money to make good RPGs I don't care they are selling their souls to the Devil.

Sentinel

Arcane
Well done recognizing them. Now do they also get equal pay, promotion opportunities, and representation in upper level management?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
By showing a picture of all the female employees together they're saying "See, this is a female-friendly place to work, women feel free to apply."

Of course this also inevitably leads to people judging them by their appearance because it's not like that picture is showcasing their abilities or anything.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
re the Tim Caine game, guys can you really imagine EA/Activision funding a new IP from a boutique studio they don't own and don't have creative control over? Likely candidate is Paradox or Microsoft, or maybe a weird tie in to Pathfinder or somesuch as a longshot.

Zenimax/EA/Activision aren't going to fund a game unless they have a contract where if the game goes gangbusters Skyrim/Fallout style they can take all the money, and a) they don't own Obsidian so they don't have that and b) Obsidian probably won't give them that.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
By showing a picture of all the female employees together they're saying "See, this is a female-friendly place to work, women feel free to apply."

Of course this also inevitably leads to people judging them by their appearance because it's not like that picture is showcasing their abilities or anything.
Apart from their ability to make me horny.

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
or maybe a weird tie in to Pathfinder or somesuch as a longshot.

It won't be that because we know it is an original franchise, which means it will be completely new. Also we know it is Leonard Boyarsky's "dream game" so that implies it won't be anything too bland or generic. Recently Josh Sawyer tweeted an image of a cowboy hat on the POE characters, I think that might be a hint to what this mystery game will be. About a year ago he tweeted an image of a sumo wrestler, and then a few months later Tyranny was announced with a big sumo dude being one of the body types you could choose in it. I think the same guy (Dimitri) did both images, so yeah, the cowboy hat may be a hint of something in the pipeline. Wild West RPG, perhaps? Or perhaps a post-apocalyptic RPG set out west?

Sentinel

Arcane
or maybe a weird tie in to Pathfinder or somesuch as a longshot.

It won't be that because we know it is an original franchise, which means it will be completely new. Also we know it is Leonard Boyarsky's "dream game" so that implies it won't be anything too bland or generic. Recently Josh Sawyer tweeted an image of a cowboy hat on the POE characters, I think that might be a hint to what this mystery game will be. About a year ago he tweeted an image of a sumo wrestler, and then a few months later Tyranny was announced with a big sumo dude being one of the body types you could choose in it. I think the same guy (Dimitri) did both images, so yeah, the cowboy hat may be a hint of something in the pipeline. Wild West RPG, perhaps? Or perhaps a post-apocalyptic RPG set out west?
The cowboy hat is a reference to an item in PoE2. They talk about it in the most recent stream. "You can dual wield pistols... and you can have a cowboy hat as well!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom