Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News NWN updates

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href="http://www.bioware.com">Bioware</a> have updated their <a href="http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/module_witchworkstat.html">Witchwork page</a>, with yet more information on how the series of modules is progressing, aswell as several new screenshots. Here's a snippet:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
The patch will contain many other fixes and enhancements and is a fine example of how Witchwork is helping both builders and players within the NWN community.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I also spotted over at <a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/index2.shtml">Neverwinter Vault</a>, <a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/index2.shtml#newsitem1036882116,531,">rumours</a> about what may be included in the yet to be announced expansion pack{s} for Neverwinter Nights. Here's a piece:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
Also Peonia said that Dr.Muzyka told them them that they will have a completely different story line, not in any relation with original story. In addition, there will be a raise to the level limitation, it will add more kinds of monsters and characters and that multiplayer will be improved. Unfortunately there are no specifics beyond that, though Dr. Muzyka was said that one week from now, BioWare and Infogrames will have an official announcement with details.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
A completely different story line? Sounds promising.

Jed

Cipher
Hear, hear. I couldn't really agree much more. Witchwork, for me at least, will be a "proof of concept" of the role-playing viability of the Aurora Engine. I fear the apparent inability of information to be carried between different "modules" of a greater whole has relegated the possibilities of RPing exclusively to the multiplayer facets of the game, which while fine for fans of MP, is not why I bought the game, nor what I would like to do with it.

Here's hoping for satisfaction.

Rosh

Erudite
$60 for game.
$20 or so for the separate manual for the editors.
$40? for the expansion.

Wow, not greedy at all, are they? Also, who would like to guess in what year they will get the expansion out? I find it quite surprising that a game which has been in development for 5 years still goes through updates.

On the bright side, thank goodness it's publisher isn't Interplay. Otherwise, you might get one or two cursory "patches" until all support is dropped.

Jed

Cipher
Incidentally, and admittedly I haven't been keeping up on all the related reading, but does anyone know if Witchwork is set in the FR, or some place less franchised?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Forgotten Realms most likely, since that's what BioWare has the license to make games with. Though, infogrames as the publisher may allow them access to more since I'm pretty sure Infogrames owns the whole show as far as D&D goes.

Rosh

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Forgotten Realms most likely, since that's what BioWare has the license to make games with. Though, infogrames as the publisher may allow them access to more since I'm pretty sure Infogrames owns the whole show as far as D&D goes.

HO NOWE!! LOKOUT!!! HEERE CMoES TEH DRIZZET! TANK YUO BOIWAER!!!

Drizzt = BioWare's Bitch.

Ibbz

Augur
Actually Witchwork's universe is completely new - i think they felt to restricted trying to do it in the FR world.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That will be nice to see. I hope they can pull it off, I seriously do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom