Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview NWN 2: Storm of Zehir video at Destructoid

Muze

Novice
Lurkar said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
But that's *not* how the new expansion works. You don't make one guy and then drag along four of five douchebag NPCs. You make a party of four - think IWD - and then add two more if you so desire.

Can you make a party of three and have three cohorts? Or is there always a max of two NPC party members?

I love this approach to party creation. Being able to create more than one character and level/multiclass them how I like sounds great, especially with the ridiculous amount of classes in NWN2. And still have room for NPCs with potential story lines/personalities.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Fez said:
So what is the complete pack that includes this one going to be called? The diamond-studded platinum pack?
The Adanantium-Reinforced-Mithril Pack. That leaves room for another expansion (pure Adamantium Pack) and it is an extremely subtle wink towards D&D... :roll:

4 generated Party members, 2 cohorts.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Fez said:
So what is the complete pack that includes this one going to be called? The diamond-studded platinum pack?

They've still got a fair way to go yet till they reach the insane number of releases and re-releases that the first NWN had.

Also, I vote for NWN2: Chewy Nougat Edition.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I can't understand why they keep showing close up footage in these videos. NWN2 looks really crappy up close and the game is mainly designed to play from an isometric point of view.

Also If you're a true D&D fan you'll buy all full editions. IF you get them all they will (miraculously) combine into the Ultimate Fanboy Edition which will let you choose the ruleset ! And as a bonus you can have dual-wielding of two handed weapons with no penalty ,while monkey grip will let you wield an additional ranged weapon ! (OMG im droolin)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ghostdog said:
I can't understand why they keep showing close up footage in these videos. NWN2 looks really crappy up close and the game is mainly designed to play from an isometric point of view.

I somehow wondered about that, too.

Texas Red

Whiner
Carrie Underwood said:
With both MOTB and SOZ released I might actually go out and get NWN2.

You should get it now. I finished MotB today and it's one of the best games ever made. It's pure art, not at all unlike an interactive novel(and a very good one at that). Of all the games I played MotB is the only game that can be described as "epic". If every game would be like MotB, we'd have a new (superior) art medium.

SoZ will be worse though. The great quality of characters, dialogs etc. comes from the "dark" nature of MotB. But in the end, who cares though? It will go unnoticed because reviewers will be busy wanking to brahmin armor DLC. It's so damn sad that such a game, better than anything on the market, will have no influence at all.

Thrasher

Erudite
Stunning praise!

I bought NWN2/MotB and have been waiting for more bugs to be fixed b4 playing. You're making me rethink that.

I'm playing W8 for the first time now. What a great game. Here is an example of good complexity (especially the user interface). Would be impossible without a manual though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I never ever read the manual of Wizardry 8; but that's because I am so smart I can move things with the power of my mind.

Thrasher

Erudite
Ah, but you played the earlier ones, right? So that doesn't count :p

I am (or was) a complete Wizardry newb, that got killed by jellies when playing the demo without a manual.

Surprised I got that far....

fastpunk

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
SoZ will be worse though.

I'd say different is the right word, not worse. MotB is more like' game as art', while SoZ seems to be taking the 'game as game' approach.

Dark Individual said:
Carrie Underwood said:
With both MOTB and SOZ released I might actually go out and get NWN2.

You should get it now. I finished MotB today and it's one of the best games ever made. It's pure art, not at all unlike an interactive novel(and a very good one at that). Of all the games I played MotB is the only game that can be described as "epic". If every game would be like MotB, we'd have a new (superior) art medium.

SoZ will be worse though. The great quality of characters, dialogs etc. comes from the "dark" nature of MotB. But in the end, who cares though? It will go unnoticed because reviewers will be busy wanking to brahmin armor DLC. It's so damn sad that such a game, better than anything on the market, will have no influence at all.

I'll wait, but thanks.

Arem

Scholar
14 new screens!

soz1bv4.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
God damn these crappy zoomed in screens. Nobody wants to see NWN2 close-up.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Those screens of the Overland map are sweet. They also seem to have pumped up the color levels a bit, the map looks really vivid.

Fez

Erudite
They aren't putting that Jiggletech™ to good use.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Hooray, velociraptors! If there is one thing modern games are missing, it's velociraptors.

No, seriously. Dinosaurs = <3

Nobody wants to see NWN2 close-up.

For...the velociraptor close-ups?

Thrasher

Erudite
"Overland maps"?

Fucking jokes if they're supposed to play the same function as those in Fallout/2, Arcanum, or BG/2.

They're too zoomed in for traveling very far.

I'm disappointed....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom