Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima NUVIE: Ultima 6 in full screen!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Randomly spotted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UltimaDragons/permalink/10155790630358797/

giphy.gif

Due to popular demand. (Well just Dominik Reichardt really)
1f609.png
;-) I've added support for completely replacing the standard U6 tileset in Nuvie.

Dominus wanted to have brown mud. A quick look at the code looks like it is just one image file. I don't see any palette cycling in the fire or water either. I'll try and see if he will fix the cycling and implement a separate bmp for each shape number instead.

RustyBear

Barely Literate
Dominus wanted to have brown mud. A quick look at the code looks like it is just one image file. I don't see any palette cycling in the fire or water either. I'll try and see if he will fix the cycling and implement a separate bmp for each shape number instead.
Any chance on this being updated? Would love to see the brown mud with the Nuvie download.

Thanks!

Use the daily build snapshot, download the tileset Dominus edited, and save it to nuvie's data folder. The default location on Windows is "C:\Ultima6\data\images\tiles\U6". The tileset alters the color of dungeons and outdoor reddish mud to a dusty, sand colored look. Graves and farmland still have the reddish color.

I just tested it and it looks like palette cycling works fine. Eric's gif has horrible quality. It would still be nice to be able to add individual tiles too.

RustyBear

Barely Literate
Use the daily build snapshot, download the tileset Dominus edited, and save it to nuvie's data folder. The default location on Windows is "C:\Ultima6\data\images\tiles\U6". The tileset alters the color of dungeons and outdoor reddish mud to a dusty, sand colored look. Graves and farmland still have the reddish color.

I just tested it and it looks like palette cycling works fine. Eric's gif has horrible quality. It would still be nice to be able to add individual tiles too.

Woot!

Thanks man!

Looks nice.

Now does anyone have any idea how to add magic points to a character? I want to add some to Jaana since she is a druid/magic user.

Also, does anyone know how to create a character that can join your party?

Thanks everyone!!

Sinatar

Arbiter
Are nuvie's saves compatible with the DOS version and vice versa or does it use it's own custom save format?

Nuvie can load the DOS saves, but DOS cannot load Nuvie saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom