Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Numenera: Monte Cook's new 'Space Fantasy' rpg.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roleplaying-game-from-monte-cook?ref=category

So, this is what he has been upto since leaving WOTC.

This is the first time I have seen a video of him (kickstarter video) and while he seems like a normal person (he is lean, not fat, surprisingly) there does seem something a bit off about him. I dunno, I get vibes that he does not consider the average fan quite smart, and also he seems to have some emapthic disconnect problems (like he doesn't know how to instinctively smile, he just does so robotically as if it is expected of him, not because he wants to or that it is the normal thing to do).

Anyhow, the name of the rpg sucks. But I am interested in what the game seems to be about. Seems kinda like Star Wars meets Traveller meets Fading Suns.

What do you fuckers think?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Whoops, Monte describes the game as 'Science Fantasy' not 'Space Fantasy'. My bad bros, some mod plz edit title.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
I'm not a fan of Monte's past designs, but this thing looks interesting. Perhaps he'd be able to come up with a good game when freed from restraints of d20/D&D/OGL.

The art is also pretty good.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I bought the $70 level. If it turns out good, I wouldn't mind getting a game of it going. Otherwise, at least it has cool pictures to look at.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, for donating I get to have a quotation listed on the website. The only thing that sprang to mind was "Real excellence, Real Incline, Real Grimoire!"

Where the fuck did these words come from? Damned if I know....

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
So, for donating I get to have a quotation listed on the website. The only thing that sprang to mind was "Real excellence, Real Incline, Real Grimoire!"

Where the fuck did these words come from? Damned if I know....

:bro:

Will this quotation only be on the website? How long will it last? around 2-3 years I think...

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
I think it depends on how realized the world of Numenera becomes. Books, books, and books, and even more books will be needed if this is to last any real length of time. I'm convinced the game will be interesting and mechanically sound at least. Who knows? That strange little quote might end up being an important cog in the immortal machine of a truly genius RPG. Only time will tell...

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
1634.jpg

:what:

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
You live on in the memories of those you leave behind and are only truly dead when those memories are gone and you are forgotten.
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. — Einsten

Which of these retarded gay ass quotes are yours? Why couldn't you quote something cool, like SIX MILLION WAS NOT ENOUGH

The PDF is out. Anyone read it?

Personally I found it really, really disappointing, even if I didn't read all of it. Damage doesn't use dice, it's 2 for light, 3 for medium and [edit:4]6 for heavy weapons. Your difficulty class to hit enemy is 3X enemy level. Enemies damage is equal to their level. All the time. There are three types of armor: Light, medium and heavy, reducing 1, 2 or 3 damage (hurr).

Also, turns out the "Jack" isn't a rogue, it's a multiclass type character. So we have 3 characters, the warrior the wizard and the multiclasser. The system is very barebones as we know, 3 attributes, most differentiation between classes is based around feats. Honestly it sounds like a flat out bad system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Personally I found it really, really disappointing, even if I didn't read all of it. Damage doesn't use dice, it's 2 for light, 3 for medium and 6 for heavy weapons. Your difficulty class to hit enemy is 3X enemy level. Enemies damage is equal to their level. All the time. There are three types of armor: Light, medium and heavy, reducing 1, 2 or 3 damage (hurr).

Also, turns out the "Jack" isn't a rogue, it's a multiclass type character. So we have 3 characters, the warrior the wizard and the multiclasser. The system is very barebones as we know, 3 attributes, most differentiation between classes is based around feats. Honestly it sounds like a flat out bad system.

We've always known it was going to be a storyfag system.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
yluC76.jpg

I stopped reading here.

Personally I found it really, really disappointing, even if I didn't read all of it. Damage doesn't use dice, it's 2 for light, 3 for medium and 6 for heavy weapons. Your difficulty class to hit enemy is 3X enemy level. Enemies damage is equal to their level. All the time. There are three types of armor: Light, medium and heavy, reducing 1, 2 or 3 damage (hurr).

We've always known it was going to be a storyfag system.
You know typing things like that makes me want to punch your alien potato face

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What. We've also always known the Jack isn't a rogue, btw. Jack-of-all-trades, hellooo

Nibovian Wives

Description: These biological constructs appear to be beautiful female humans. Their only
function, however, is to seduce human men so that they can get pregnant. Pregnancy in these
creatures opens a transdimensional rift inside their womb, giving a ultraterrestrial demon access
to this level of existence. “Gestation,” which is actually just the aligning of phase changes to
creating the rift, varies greatly. The time required ranges from 10 minutes to nine months. When
the creature is “born,” the Nibovian wife nurtures it as if it were a child, even though it clearly is
not. During this time, the construct defends the “child” fiercely, using incredible strength and
resilience. The demon develops quickly, and its first and only compulsion is to hunt down and
kill the “father.” Once it does so, it is free in this world to do as it pleases.
Nibovian wives are likely the cause of many ultraterrestrials currently in the world.

Interaction: As long as you give these creatures what they want, they are perfectly
reasonable, kind, and seem eager to please. They can never be convinced to abandon their
imperative (reproducing and nurturing their terrible child). On other issues, however, they can be
perfectly reasonable.
Use: Nibovian wives are a strange encounter that is useful for introducing the concept of
otherdimensional beings in a horrific way. The ancients interacted with ultraterrestrials and
explored other dimensions, but in the Ninth World, such beings are thought of as demons.
Loot: The inner workings of a Nibovian wife can provide 1d6 cyphers to one trained in
scavenging them.

Roguey

Also doesn't Roguey and Sawyer have a loathing for Monte Cook? I guess this game kinda supports their view

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
But what if the Nibonian Wife rapes you? :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom