Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Normal versus Hard

Discussion in 'Underrail' started by roshan, Jul 29, 2016.

1. roshan Arcane

roshan
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    What's the difference between Normal and Hard difficulty in terms of gameplay?

^ Top  
  2. Snufkin Learned

Snufkin
    Parrots:
    Hitpoints you get per level. As far other things i dont know.

^ Top  
  3. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Parrots:
    Enemies do more damage, enemies takes longer to beat, you do less damage. Only things that make the gameplay longer, but in no way better as spending longer time to beat a enemy is only waste of time.

^ Top  
  4. epeli Prophet

epeli
    Parrots:
    Hard: Player character has reduced (2/3) health. Healing consumables will heal for half as much and have doubled cooldown. Harder NPC AI. (All NPC behaviors are unlocked on hard. Normal difficulty disables some of them and easy disables even more.)

That is all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. roshan Arcane

roshan
    Parrots:
    Cool!

BTW, I'm playing on hard now, a knifer. But the game is too damn easy. My previous pistol build had much much more trouble in normal difficulty. Pistols are gimped and need some love!!!

BTW - I'm doing a minimum perception character. So how do I deal with traps??? I don't spot them. Is there anyway for a low perception character to reliably find traps?

^ Top  
  6. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Parrots:
    There are visors you can find (and make) that increase your perception for spotting traps/hidden enemies.

^ Top  
  7. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Parrots:
    Fuck, just saw that this thread is related to Underrail and not to hard vs normal in general. :oops:

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    dying, reloading and avoiding walking over there. That or putting points in traps (Which I strongly recommend because quick tinkering is the best feat/ability in the game and makes any build viable...or avoid it since you already find the game easy anyway).

The perception is fixed at +1 so won't make much of a difference.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    ^ Top  
  9. epeli Prophet

epeli
    Parrots:
    Motion tracking goggles. Even low quality ones boost detection by about 50%.

^ Top  
  10. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Oh forgot about those ones. Tho it is funny that motion detectors help you see immobile traps.

^ Top  
  11. Leechmonger Savant

Leechmonger
    Parrots:
    The fact that they work at all means that they're using image processing, which means they would be able to recognize dangerous shit. I guess augmented reality goggles sounded too Google-like for Underrail.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)