Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Normal versus Hard

roshan

Arcane
What's the difference between Normal and Hard difficulty in terms of gameplay?

Viata

Arcane
Enemies do more damage, enemies takes longer to beat, you do less damage. Only things that make the gameplay longer, but in no way better as spending longer time to beat a enemy is only waste of time.

epeli

Arcane
Hard: Player character has reduced (2/3) health. Healing consumables will heal for half as much and have doubled cooldown. Harder NPC AI. (All NPC behaviors are unlocked on hard. Normal difficulty disables some of them and easy disables even more.)

That is all.

roshan

Arcane
Hard: Player character has reduced (2/3) health. Healing consumables will heal for half as much and have doubled cooldown. Harder NPC AI. (All NPC behaviors are unlocked on hard. Normal difficulty disables some of them and easy disables even more.)

That is all.

Cool!

BTW, I'm playing on hard now, a knifer. But the game is too damn easy. My previous pistol build had much much more trouble in normal difficulty. Pistols are gimped and need some love!!!

BTW - I'm doing a minimum perception character. So how do I deal with traps??? I don't spot them. Is there anyway for a low perception character to reliably find traps?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
There are visors you can find (and make) that increase your perception for spotting traps/hidden enemies.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
BTW - I'm doing a minimum perception character. So how do I deal with traps??? I don't spot them. Is there anyway for a low perception character to reliably find traps?
dying, reloading and avoiding walking over there. That or putting points in traps (Which I strongly recommend because quick tinkering is the best feat/ability in the game and makes any build viable...or avoid it since you already find the game easy anyway).

There are visors you can find (and make) that increase your perception for spotting traps/hidden enemies.
The perception is fixed at +1 so won't make much of a difference.

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Motion tracking goggles. Even low quality ones boost detection by about 50%.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Oh forgot about those ones. Tho it is funny that motion detectors help you see immobile traps.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Oh forgot about those ones. Tho it is funny that motion detectors help you see immobile traps.

The fact that they work at all means that they're using image processing, which means they would be able to recognize dangerous shit. I guess augmented reality goggles sounded too Google-like for Underrail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom