Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview No Truce With The Furies Gameplay Footage on Twitch PAX East 2017 Broadcast

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: No Truce With The Furies; ZA/UM

It looks like our exclusive look at No Truce With The Furies didn't stay exclusive for very long. The game appeared as part of Humble Bundle's timeslot on Twitch's PAX East broadcast today. It only got about six minutes, which was enough time for a short introduction from Humble Bundle's representative followed by four and a half minutes of gameplay footage. I believe this is the first proper gameplay footage of No Truce to be made publicly available. It shows an "Art Cop" protagonist and his sidekick attempting to acquire some paint. It's hard to describe really, so just watch:

Looks pretty slick. I wasn't expecting that voice acting.

Prime Junta

I wasn't expecting that voice acting.

You're right, one'd expect way more lively voice acting

It does sound a bit wooden, like they're reading from a paper.

I liked Kim Kitsuragi's voice though, even if the delivery could use some work.

Robert told me that the dominant cultural power in the world is Francophone, so you'll see French and hear French accents in contexts where you'd get American English in our world.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn, when I thought I could not get more hyped by this game.. this happens..
BTW, I liked the voice acting. If it can be improved, OK. But I would not complain if full game has it at this level. It is more than I expected from an indie game.

Pentagon

Educated
That was a really bizarre sequence of events. I think I'm going to like this game :D. And a 2017 release date?!? :bounce:

Marat Sar

ZA/UM
Developer
The VO was done quickly, by friends. So we'd have something to show at pax -- Kim is not what I'd be happy with in the game. I like the girl though. She's a find. So we got that out of it.

Last edited:

Pentagon

Educated
I know who I'll be RPing as...
1cMXiOz.png

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
What's the deal with the humble bundle publishing? Does it mean the game will be included in a bundle monthly down the line?

Black Angel

Arcane
switch off the HTML5 player; that fixed it for me at least
Hey thanks, worked for me.
^It's confirmed that the final game won't be fully voice acted.
Nice, but now that I've watched the video, it gave an impression that every dialogue lines would be voice acted.
The VO was done quickly, by friends. So we'd have something to show at pax -- Kim is not what I'd be happy with in the game. I like the girl though. She's a find. So we got that out of it.
Just my two cents, if you're going to improve the voice acting for final release, just get rid of the voices for the second (or third) line and onward, so should be like how PS:T did it.

And yeah, I like the girl too. Reminded me of some voice-acting in Alice: Madness Returns.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I found it a bit strange that the PC's partner addresses him as "Art-Cop" in conversation :) Pretty intrigued to play this though.

Prime Junta

I found it a bit strange that the PC's partner addresses him as "Art-Cop" in conversation

I'd expect that happens after you've been enraptured by blank walls a few times already. People will notice. Something a little like that happened in the bit I played; Kim remembered what I had been saying and doing and acted accordingly. It was very very cool.

Got bored and left

It's kinda hard to believe there's actually a game here - I guess part of me was expecting this to be little more than an art-house experiment :P Sounds good, looks good, reads good. The hype train keeps on rollin'.

And I was expecting way less VO than there is, you guys must have a higher budget than I thought.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Marat Sar
This footage, without context, seems like a strange choice for promoting the game. Besides pretty graphics and extensive VO we haven't seen much and the quest itself is underwhelming to say the least. I mean, scribbling on a wall? Really? If you want to include mundane tasks I would prefer something like operating a lathe or fixing an electric engine (so technical inclination, who cares about art?) and doing something useful. It's probably one of these games you'll have to play to understand and no (p)review will do it justice. Seems to me that selling such unique game will be an extremely difficult task. So far it seems like the edgiest RPG ever created (a policeman is writing "fuck the police", brilliant, exquisite, so witty, true art™).

BTW, will it matter what we'll write there? Because no matter what you'll write it's still vandalism (even if one would write "do not scribble on this wall").

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Goral, maybe it's you who lacks context. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom