Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News No Truce With The Furies Christmas 2017 Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Kyl Von Kull Magister

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    I shoot for the stars but sometimes hit London
    Click here and disable ads!
    But there is combat, homeboy. You just give orders through the same box where you pick things to say, rather than on the map. Maybe we shouldn’t call it the dialogue box because it’s really more of a universal interface.

Not that different from older games like Wasteland.

I defy anyone to read about the attribute and skill system and then call this an adventure game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. Rinslin Merwind Educated

Rinslin Merwind
    Parrots:
    Wait there no word "furries" in title *re-reading title* FUCK! You right, there no such word. Wtf, why I was reading title in such way... Perhaps, because I soo much seen word "furries", but almost forgot about word "furies" Ironically word "furries" almost not used in my language (in context of bestiality fetishist), but "furies" used as more polite way to call angry woman (which used very small amount of people, while many people just swearing), besides ofc using in literature which describes Ancient Myths.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    So this game is about feminism then? I'd prefer furries.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Kyl Von Kull Magister

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    I shoot for the stars but sometimes hit London
    They let you have an inventory for ideologies so you can play as a feminist, a communist, or a full blown KKKodex fascist. Different ideologies get different bonuses from drug use: fascism mixes well with beer etc...

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Are you fur reel?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    Parrots:
    If they change the name I will pirate
    I they keep the name I will buy

don't give in to tasteless brainlets

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. IHaveHugeNick Obsidian Entertainment Developer

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    Any word about the writings of literary genius Robert Kurvitz?

^ Top  
  8. Fenix Liturgist Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    I will buy his book as soon as it became available in Russian.

^ Top  
  9. Jrpgfan Savant

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    If they change the name I will pirate.
    If they keep the name I will buy.
    If they add another "r" to "furies" I'll pre-order the deluxe version(if there's one).

Seriously speaking though, I'm probably gonna wait for some prestigious codex reviews before deciding. This game's been in development for a while now but very little has been shown in the way of gameplay. This is not a good sign, especially with ambitious games like this one made by people with no record in the industry, which most of the time end up being another NMS.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Twiglard Learned

Twiglard
    Parrots:
    Frian Bargo has a long record in the industry and we ended up with TTON and W2.

From the prior updates, gameplay seems largely centered on the dialogue window. Largely a creatively effort with comparatively little programming, and assets.

If they deliver it's not gonna be average. That's promising in itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jrpgfan Savant

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    Believing in an unknown indie developer with no track record is almost as bad as trusting in Todd Howard's words. Sure, you can give them the benefit of doubt atleast, but it's still dumb.

Only reason it's so hyped around here is because the Codex is a Hipsters Den. Anything that's even a little obscure is praised as the next PS:T. I'm glad I realized it a long time ago and cured myself from this disease.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Fuck them for getting me excited for a sequel of Fury of the Furries

• Doggy Doggy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    Cynisism is for the weak of heart.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm half hipster, and I can tell you with perfect sincerity the Codex is not a hipster's den.

Indie developers with no track record are the only dependable source of creativity. Once you develop a track record, you are pretty much stuck with it for the rest of your creative and professional life.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. FuckLiefeldGiveMeChew Literate

FuckLiefeldGiveMeChew
    Parrots:
    Police procedurals have become so tiresome and repetitive: I could take the script from an episode of CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, Criminal Minds, Bones or The Following, change the names and a few cosmetic details, and pass it off as the script for one of the other shows and no one would know the difference! I do like the unusual artstyle, though: It gives me some slight hope that this may not be quite as generic.

• Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. FuckLiefeldGiveMeChew Literate

FuckLiefeldGiveMeChew
    Parrots:
    I am not necessarily opposed to supporting a new studio: Cuphead was the first game by its studio, and it was excellent. Capcom's first game, starting decades of excellence was a great shooter called Vulgus. Nintendo and Daisuke Amayo became famous when they made Donkey Kong and Cave Story, which while not their first games, were both great.

^ Top  
  17. Jrpgfan Savant

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    Never said it's not gonna be good. I said I don't trust the words of an unkown developer with no previous experience in game development. To me it's the same as those missionaries knocking on your door telling you to believe in some guy with superpowers because they read it in a book. If they show me some proof this guy really existed and was a superhero then I'd give them my attention. Otherwise I'll just shut the door in their faces.

^ Top  
  18. Fenix Liturgist Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    Lul, it's not about trust, it's about their presentation - they explained every detail in a very transparent way, why and how.
    I don't need to trust when I can read and analize.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jrpgfan Savant

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    'Look guys, we have these super ambitious mechanics we're gonna put in our game but you'll have to read and analyze everything until we release the game because other than that we'll only show you concept art'.

I wonder how's that different from i.e No Man's Sky or even Todd Howard.

I'm a VD groupie and I didn't even truly believe his game was gonna be good until he put the demo out. Yet even with all that exposition before the release some people still weren't satisfied with the end result, and that's taking into account he was a respected member of the community.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    ^ Top  
  20. Fenix Liturgist Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    It's different in a way that NMS was bullshit from the beginning, I never felt enthusiasm about it, same about Todd's Tales.
    Fucking analize it!

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  21. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    I played an early pre-alpha build last year.

All the core stuff was there: the Feld playback experiment, the thought bubbles, the jaw-droppingly gorgeous visuals with dynamic lighting, the red and white stat checks, internal conversations with your skills/characteristics, and what have you. It exists and it's gut-punchingly wonderful. That's no guarantee that it'll ever be finished of course, but it's a hell of lot more than a funky idea, some lines of snappy dialogue, and cool concept art.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jimmious Arcane

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    The RPG Codex fallacy: In every RPG we try to find out if there is a non-lethal play-through possible. When someone releases an RPG with no combat we are hesitant to call it an RPG any more.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Parrots:
    That's not entirely true, the biggest discussions are often centered around the combat...

^ Top  
  24. Jimmious Arcane

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    It's not the biggest discussion... but it's always there regardless

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Parrots:
    Take the most recent "big" crpg release, D:OS2, most of the codex negative reactions are down to the retarded armor buffer system in combat.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)