Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Good point I guess. But it's a little sad for some of those old worlds and characters to just... end.

All good things do.

I really loved Star Wars. I would have continued loving it had they not made any more films in the franchise after the original trilogy. I've got that on DVD and can watch it again any time I like, I don't need Rogue Ones and Episode VIIIs and all that bullshit, it just dilutes the whole thing.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Good point I guess. But it's a little sad for some of those old worlds and characters to just... end.

All good things do.

I really loved Star Wars. I would have continued loving it had they not made any more films in the franchise after the original trilogy. I've got that on DVD and can watch it again any time I like, I don't need Rogue Ones and Episode VIIIs and all that bullshit, it just dilutes the whole thing.

Tried replaying the old stuff but I just can't anymore. Played the hell out of the classics already.

Same with Empire Strikes Back. Minus the playing part.

As far as all good things ending... No way. Never give up, never surrender! As soon as Trump is done with fixing the U.S. he'll no doubt have time to fix computer games as well. They're important for youth development.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
All good things do.

Aren't those the shitty special editions though?

Prime Junta

Aren't those the shitty special editions though?

Ha! Nope.

There was an edition published that also had the original theatrical releases. I managed to snag one. Think it's probably out of print now though.

(Yeah it has the special editions too, but who cares about them.)

Edit: yeah it's out of print, that thing might even be a bit of a collector's item by now...

Edit edit: this one http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Original_unaltered_trilogy

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane

All good things do.

Tried replaying the old stuff but I just can't anymore. Played the hell out of the classics already.

Same with Empire Strikes Back. Minus the playing part.

As far as all good things ending... No way. Never give up, never surrender! As soon as Trump is done with fixing the U.S. he'll no doubt have time to fix computer games as well. They're important for youth development.
LOL. Only thing he will be fixing is his bank account balance. Now he might even stop being a failure and earn more money than it was left to him.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
"WINTER SOLSTICE TRAILER"
MIKK METSNIIT

This special little mini trailer goes out with a huge thank you to everyone who supported us this year. Your enthusiasm means the world to us.

---

Now is that spoilery or what? What's the point then, really?

Agh. Happy holidays, dudes and the rare codex dudette (I'm looking at you, anus_pounder)

This clip was finally done at around 1AM last night/this morning? It showcases our snow tech (and camera zoom tech!) in action. At half past midnight we discovered that our color correction setups for that scene were gone - disappeared into the Pale - three hours of fine tuning down the drain. Recreating did not work out, so there ya go - vanilla footage and everything. Cuno's behaving and Tequila is catatonic, Kim's pensive and Klaasje is being sexy as ever.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Very nice music in that teaser. I see this is going to be the true hipster computer RPG :)

Johannes

Arcane
I don't care for remakes either, but sequels? The problem isn't that they happen, it's that the ones we got so far were generally shit.

Just mentioned this stuff because the devs look like they might actually do those franchises justice, anyway. Looking forward to their own original game.

They're often shit, because everything belongs in their own time and also - coming up with something new and original is hard as shit to boot.
They're often shit, because everything is shit.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Police procedural RPG - now I can see what MCA wanted to do with The Wire RPG. Why hasn't anyone else done something like this before?

Looking forward to this.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Happy holdays! From the very bottom of my big and empty heart!

oWr0gkC.jpg

Prime Junta

Kasparov and other beyonsensers, you just made me buy Kentucky Route Zero. Figured that if you lunatics think it's so good you mention it as inspiration next to ... that other game, it's gotta be interesting at least. I hadn't even heard of it before it came up here.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kasparov and other beyonsensers, you just made me buy Kentucky Route Zero. Figured that if you lunatics think it's so good you mention it as inspiration next to ... that other game, it's gotta be interesting at least. I hadn't even heard of it before it came up here.
good luck waiting for episode 5 like the rest of the suckers.

i was about to buy it when i heard the episodes took a lifetime to be made

Prime Junta

Finished it (what's out now anyway). Liked it quite a lot. Pretentious indie hipster nongame, but a very good one. I was intrigued, at times suprised and delighted, and only extremely rarely bored. Might even give it another spin to see what I missed. Hope they'll eventually manage to get around to Act V.

Edit: "it" meaning Kentucky Route Zero

Last edited by a moderator:

ntonystinson

Scholar
Is there any gameplay video? All the teasers so far I have seen just show off the art and music

This title is the biggie for the year for me, without a doubt. I'd love to see it kick Torment's ass in sales, as well as well as in reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom