Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Ti4 Thread. [Meta] Is Codex popamole?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
We all know the answer is yes, but let's debate things to pretend it might not be.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Haven't been watching so far this year. Twitch usually gets all laggy during big events like this and I've kind of gotten sick of it. I'll probably check out some rebroadcasts/vods eventually though.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The sad part is, these posters thought they were being clever. It's the sad part of realizing that in real life you are not smart or clever. They are young, though, probably teenagers. They will dismiss my warnings.

The sad part is, these Cognitive Elite HQ members thought they were in a special group. It's the sad part of realizing that in the Cognitive Elite HQ your IQ is lowered simply by standing near Kingcomrade. They are doomed, though, probably forever. They will never leave the Cognitive Elite HQ with their IQ intact.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I just think I'm averagely intelligent, with somewhat good sense of common sense. How does that fit in?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you are registered on RPGCodex it's a warning sign that your IQ might be below the level of an average badger.

abija

Prophet
Haven't been watching so far this year. Twitch usually gets all laggy during big events like this and I've kind of gotten sick of it. I'll probably check out some rebroadcasts/vods eventually though.
Worked perfectly for me during TI4. Maybe it helps that they have akamaihd as the default stream on the official page or a lot of people are watching ingame.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Ugh, so newbee fucked up titan with the 0 minute rosh strat and now the whining begins, just like in the last year with navi pudge+chen combo. Oh noez, it's unfair, icefrog, fix this!!! Yeah, because creativity and using the rules of the game to the fullest should be punished. Thinking, huh, fuck that shit, thinking is for the losers. Not to mention that it's titan's fault for picking naga (more than so with a dark seer), trying to create another hour-long slog and getting kicked in the balls for that with an ultra-tempo strat.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
<insert Sheever is only on the panel because of her boobs comment here>

Btw bit of Trivia

I used to cast Call of Duty with TobiWan back in 2008. He was a really bad shoutcaster.

Pope Amole II

Developer
And so, navi chocked on some chinese cock severely. Well, considering the amount of fuck they gave about the game in the last year or so (zero), it's already a freaking miracle they're in the top 8 (with guaranteed good money) so they shouldn't complain too much. Considering that many other teams (who busted their balls much harder) got 10 to 20 times lesser sums in returns, those lazy bastards should feel lucky as hell, actually.

They may even go past cloud 9 in the losers (because cloud 9 is an incredibly self-defeating team, quite literally so) for an extra 150k, but I doubt they'll move further than that. In the end, talent alone can't make you number 1, some effort is also required and a constant effort at that.

Pope Amole II

Developer
How can any self-respecting adult or gamer watch a bunch of dorks playing a game like this over the Internet or care about anything they do?

How can any self-respecting adult pretend to be a shitty christian on the RPGcodex? You've gotten so old & boring, almost droning, dude - need to up your game a bit.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I do follow the tournament and by this point it seems that either EG takes it or its going to Asians again this year. NB showed a lot of power but they make too much mistakes to be considered a sure contender. IG DK NB and EG will fight it out. Perhaps a big come back from C9 or NaVi but I find it unlikely.

I very much like the new meta focused on quick and decisive games instead of that horrible slugfest of a game we had last year. Devastating pushes eliminating heroes like AM and Naga from the meta. Love it. Also Void is in and hes a fun hero to watch.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I had absolutely no issue with 40-60 min DotA. I don't see the need to make it a faster game, but what can I say, I have an attention span unlike most people.

Castanova

Prophet
I do follow the tournament and by this point it seems that either EG takes it or its going to Asians again this year. NB showed a lot of power but they make too much mistakes to be considered a sure contender. IG DK NB and EG will fight it out. Perhaps a big come back from C9 or NaVi but I find it unlikely.

I very much like the new meta focused on quick and decisive games instead of that horrible slugfest of a game we had last year. Devastating pushes eliminating heroes like AM and Naga from the meta. Love it. Also Void is in and hes a fun hero to watch.

I don't know, I feel like the professional game has lost some dynamics with these patches. Late game should be an option, not something you only see because one team picked Tinker or Naga. The fact that farming heroes are seemingly useless is a problem. Also, the current patch seems to benefit deathballing too much. Teamfights are fun but strategy and tactics are also fun and "group up as five from 15 minutes on, deward/smoke, hope you stumble upon the other team in an awkward situation" is not an interesting strategy.

Sensuki

Arcane
^ Pretty much

They're trying to make the game more accessible, and as a result it's lost a lot of it's charm, coming from DotA 1.

Ninjerk

Arcane

I don't know, I feel like the professional game has lost some dynamics with these patches. Late game should be an option, not something you only see because one team picked Tinker or Naga. The fact that farming heroes are seemingly useless is a problem. Also, the current patch seems to benefit deathballing too much. Teamfights are fun but strategy and tactics are also fun and "group up as five from 15 minutes on, deward/smoke, hope you stumble upon the other team in an awkward situation" is not an interesting strategy.
http://dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/600/matches?date=&duration=50-&region=

?

I'd say the fact that the League of Legends thread has a billion more posts than the Dota thread is a pretty good indication of the decline.

I haven't watched too many TI4 games but those that I did, were 20-30 minute deathball push games. Not that I don't enjoy them (I generally don't like farm-inclined games), but seeing that kind of shit every time is kind of boring. As soon as one of the teams gets a mek, it's off to the races.

I predict a pretty heavy nerf to Mek next patch. Best item in the game imo, and too cheap with a buildup that's way too easy.

Castanova

Prophet

http://dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/600/matches?date=&duration=50-&region=

?

Thanks for proving my point. How many of those games involved Tinker or Naga? The only hard carry present in that list who actually won the game was Morphling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom