Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Why are we talking about Piracy? There is no point when it comes to game piracy.

PC game piracy is effectively "balanced" because of Steam.

This is not an issue even for independent developers.

Simply put updates exist and steam has its own DRM per update.

This factors make any pirate who has even the remote possibility of buying it do for the convenience.

Anyone else is simply not going to buy it whatever the case.

Exactly. It's why there are less of these topics these days - the stakes just aren't there anymore. Personally, having just enough piracy to convince companies that they need to compete by offering long support periods, convenient online distribution and reasonably priced (i.e. cheap) means of buying the game long after it would have disappeared from physical shelves, seems like the optimal outcome. My only concern is whether a full disappearance of piracy would lead to backsliding on those things.

Black

Arcane
The technology they speak of is of course the notorious Everything™ Is™ Shit™ first attempted by EA then perfected by other publishers such as Ubisoft and Bethesda.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
What the fuck are you talking about?
Relatively recent scandal in my country, still ongoing, they keep finding shit but the important guys managed to get away while some irrelevant schmucks went to jail.
I fairly doubt it a shit country like this is the only place where it happened nor M$ is the only company, was just an example.

#lifeinthethirdworld

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pirate everything and don't sweat it.

You only benefit gaben and/or other fat bourgeoise scum by buying videogames, like they aren't rich enough already.

mondblut

Arcane
A reasonable person wouldn't waste their limited free time on games so bad they don't even consider them worth a few doritos on a sale. If you actually do have a decently paying job, a family, other hobbies and shit to do in general, then free time becomes a much more valuable resource than money

You must be american, always running around being busy with some trivial shit. What about good old European spleen? The delightful apathy of lying prone and not doing anything for days?

Also, family? I'd rather play shit games, ugh.

Mustawd

A reasonable person wouldn't waste their limited free time on games so bad they don't even consider them worth a few doritos on a sale. If you actually do have a decently paying job, a family, other hobbies and shit to do in general, then free time becomes a much more valuable resource than money

You must be american, always running around being busy with some trivial shit. What about good old European spleen? The delightful apathy of lying prone and not doing anything for days?

:mrpresident::patriot::kwanzania::kwafuckyeah:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

you seem to live a pathetic existence lol, too poor to afford games, live in a third world country, family hates you, no friends

damn man sucks to be you i guess

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone who says "piracy is stealing" is cockmongler with the rotten brain.
Dixi.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Amricans... Americans never change.
Also,you have my fist bro!:bro:

Black

Arcane
Anyone who says "piracy is stealing" is cockmongler with the rotten brain.
Dixi.
True, it's not even the holier than thou self-flagellating faggotry that pisses me off, just the wilful and conscious disregard for the fucking language and definitions of words people have agreed on.

mondblut

Arcane

FeelTheRads

Arcane
you seem to live a pathetic existence lol, too poor to afford games, live in a third world country, family hates you, no friends

On a positive side, I get to fuck your mom.
that supposed to make me mad?

you literally sound like you're about to kill yourself lol

95% chance you're a virgin

lol not everybody lives in a country where illiterates like you can get good jobs lol

lol

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
If you don't have money, go ahead and pirate games. Still no excuse to pirate shit games, unless you're some kind of degenerate who secretly likes them.

Lying prone and not doing anything certainly sounds like a better use of time than playing shit games. Also, I'm from potato.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

On a positive side, I get to fuck your mom.
that supposed to make me mad?

you literally sound like you're about to kill yourself lol

95% chance you're a virgin

Nigga, you are trying too hard.

doesnt make you any less of a loser :s

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
yeah , sleeping is below fapping to hentai, plebs.

Sothpaw

Learned
My heart bleeds for third worlders and teenagers who can't afford games so I fully support their right to piracy.

JK I give no fucks about people from the third world nor do I care about teenagers who can't afford games and I truly hope that piracy becomes impossible and you are forced to give all your pesos to Gabe.

P.S. I just paid $1.6M (American dollars not third world dollars) for a house get fucked poor people.

:mrpresident:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
P.S. I just paid $1.6M (Zimbabwe dollars not third world dollars) to get fucked by poor niggers with ADIS

Fixed it for you. :smug:

Also:

attachment.php

FeelTheRads

Arcane
My heart bleeds for third worlders and teenagers who can't afford games so I fully support their right to piracy.

JK I give no fucks about people from the third world nor do I care about teenagers who can't afford games and I truly hope that piracy becomes impossible and you are forced to give all your pesos to Gabe.

P.S. I just paid $1.6M (American dollars not third world dollars) for a house get fucked poor people.

That is so interesting. Someone with money thinking difference in incomes is irrelevant. After all, if I pay 1.6M for a house, why shouldn't everybody have to pay that amount? Fuck low cost housing.

A truly advanced line of thinking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom