Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Jazz_

Arcane
Is multiplayer unimplementable? they should be working on that if it can be done.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
omzgt.jpg

I'm a believer

anime-captain-tsubasa-122315.gif

Perkel

Arcane
Played it recently.
On survival it is actually playable.

Previously you searched outposts,sites etc. for new technology but now you get sort of currency called nanites for from those sites for which you can buy new tech from stations. Stations also now have more than 1 type (but interiors are the same).

There are far more elements to gather and those elements aren't entirely locked via crystals on planet. Some elements you can get from animals or plants so "exploration" now has some sense when you look for some resource. You might not find crystals but instead some animal that contains that element.

Though Zync, platinum, thorium etc. are still fucking locked behind one kind of plant per each resource which is like fucking dumbest idea ever. Same with plutonium which is only in those crystals which are on EVERY planet.

I guess they are fixing steadily their game but it will take a while for them to fix it to point where you can play it normally.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is there any reason to play this if you can just download Space Engine which has better graphics?

If someone lacks a fulfilling vocation, useful skills, enjoyable hobbies or avocations, friends, a desire to enjoy the outdoors, a voracious appetite for reading, or curiosity about science or history—but does have a computer or potato and also has terrible taste in games—then No Man's Sky might be for them.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any reason to play this if you can just download Space Engine which has better graphics?

If someone lacks a fulfilling vocation, useful skills, enjoyable hobbies or avocations, friends, a desire to enjoy the outdoors, a voracious appetite for reading, or curiosity about science or history—but does have a computer or potato and also has terrible taste in games—then No Man's Sky might be for them.
That's a high quality dvd cover blurb you just wrote!

Perkel

Arcane

If you like watching nice vistas then No mans sky is pretty good though after about 5-6 hours you will find that every plannet is topographically almost the same. There are no huge mountains etc. At best you are looking at mountain that is like 1 minute hike up.

Though it can provide other stuff where you find some nice combinations of treelike structures, hue of air etc. But this to ends quickly when you realize that pattern is actually pretty small.

Space engine is fantastic for space and it can create realistic vistas from planets but aside from dirt rock and mountains there isn't anything else.

Space Engine random univrse scripts though are way better and to find next 2 planets that look the same is way harder than in NMS.

There is also Elite but from what i looked for their planet generations it isn't anything special even compared to NMS. It is more like poor mans space engine.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is also Elite but from what i looked for their planet generations it isn't anything special even compared to NMS. It is more like poor mans space engine.
Well Elite and even NMS are actual games with gameplay, I don't really know what is Space Engine's purpose apart from looking at amazing looking wallpapers.

Perkel

Arcane
Well Elite and even NMS are actual games with gameplay, I don't really know what is Space Engine's purpose apart from looking at amazing looking wallpapers.

Same purpose as planetarium, museum, etc. Though right now game supports spaceships (with proper physics at that) though you need to spawn it and controls aren't optimal.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
No Man's Sky is an anagram for "manky sons" and "smoky nans", affording a distinct impression of low-bred, unsavory persons lurking on stoops and in alleyways in Great Britain circa the late 19th or early 20th century.

Keen observers will conclude that this all could have been avoided if only we'd performed the proper divinations beforehand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom