Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Fuck. Elite managed to do procedural generation on 22 kb of memory. That's real ability there. Not this shit.

Battlezone did 3D too, it's not the same as today's though. I can't understand all the butthurt, I'm not even talking about the damn game. The tech is actually quite impressive, and they are doing things not done before. It's obvious that they run out of time and they went for the quick buck, but I'm not talking about that.

People posting from this IP: Sean Murray

Aiff((AimpliesA)ImpliesA)

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Übermensch
Fuck. Elite managed to do procedural generation on 22 kb of memory. That's real ability there. Not this shit.

Battlezone did 3D too, it's not the same as today's though. I can't understand all the butthurt, I'm not even talking about the damn game. The tech is actually quite impressive, and they are doing things not done before. It's obvious that they run out of time and they went for the quick buck, but I'm not talking about that.

People posting from this IP: Sean Murray

We are to embrace a dindu, dindu nothing . If there is such a thing as proving you dindu nothing
from just being a dindu, there must always be a proof of a dindunothing from a dindu. Normally we prove negations of dindu nothings.
Tautologies for example would not prove their own negation, but instead a negation of a dindu.

Form now the assemblage of all dindus which do not imply/prove their own dindu nothings.
This is a dindu: Does it imply/prove it dindu nothing or not?

1) If it does, it is considered to dindu nothing which implies it dindu nothing yet, which leaves out it proving it dindu nothing.
2) If it does not, it did not dindu nothing, yet still a dindu: that dindu nothing.

Thus of the two hypotheses that a dindu dindu nothing, and that a dindu did do nothing: each implies a dindu dindu nothing.
Our notion of dindu nothing must be dindu.

We are to embrace a member is Sean Murray. If there is such a thing as proving you are Sean Murray
from just being a member, there must always be a proof of a Sean Murray from a member. Normally if we prove anything it's we are the negation of Sean Murray.
Tautologies for example would not prove their own negation, but instead a negation of just a member.

Form now the assemblage of all members which do not imply/prove their own posts are Sean Murray's.
These are members: Does they imply/prove they are Sean Murray too or not?

1) If they do, it is considered they are Sean Murray which implies it is Sean Murray posting, yet this leaves out it proving they are Sean Murray.
2) If they do not, they are not posting as Sean Murray, yet still a member: that we think is Sean Murray.

Thus of the two hypotheses that a member is Sean Murray, and that a member is not Sean Murray: each implies a member is Sean Murray.

Our notion of Sean Murray must be: simply being a member.

praetor

Arcane
I just realized that the link that I had saved has been down for almost a month now. Which means that all the retards shitting on the tech of the game didn't even bother to click a damn link to see what I was talking about.

Here's the cached version from Archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161017131632/http://3dgamedevblog.com/wordpress/?p=836

I know that the eventual snarky response will come, I just leave it for posterity for anyone with a brain interested in coding. Also confusing the engine with the actual game is a mistake that deserves a whole new "consoletard" button. But I guess we already have that.

:popamole:

no, it's just that you're a fucking moron. the game looks like shit (shitty textures, awful draw distance, awful tech to mask said awful draw distance, low-effort animations that would look bad on a PS2 era game, terrible procedural creature generation that makes Prosper look like Leonardo Da Vinci, hilariously bad and inaccurate astronomical generation [bullshit about the sky, skyboxes, planets, orbits etc. something that was actually done properly in ED and looks like it will be done properly in SC as well]), runs like shit and the art direction is a cheap copypaste of games/movies that did it better before

so, where can we see this "amazing tech" if every single part of the game is utter shit both visually, aurally and mechanically? are you hallucinating or something?

hpstg

Savant
no, it's just that you're a fucking moron. the game looks like shit (shitty textures, awful draw distance, awful tech to mask said awful draw distance, low-effort animations that would look bad on a PS2 era game, terrible procedural creature generation that makes Prosper look like Leonardo Da Vinci, hilariously bad and inaccurate astronomical generation [bullshit about the sky, skyboxes, planets, orbits etc. something that was actually done properly in ED and looks like it will be done properly in SC as well]), runs like shit and the art direction is a cheap copypaste of games/movies that did it better before

so, where can we see this "amazing tech" if every single part of the game is utter shit both visually, aurally and mechanically? are you hallucinating or something?

Good points for the game, not for the engine. I bet you didn't read what I linked, and/or you probably haven't coded anything in your life. If you had, that makes you so much more of a dickbag.

praetor

Arcane

Good points for the game, not for the engine. I bet you didn't read what I linked, and/or you probably haven't coded anything in your life. If you had, that makes you so much more of a dickbag.

you still don't understand (not surprising considering your level of intelligence. friendly hint: Int is not a dump stat IRL). i only skimmed it and it's anything but impressive or innovative. ED's atmosphere-less planetary generation tech is about 5million times more advanced than anything in NMS (just to give one example).

i mean, wow it traverses an xml to build a model. such innovashun. it's barely more advanced than what MTW2 had for building non-copypaste units. it doesn't even take into consideration planetary characteristics to generate models (or if it does, it doesn't work as it's totally random). not to mention that the engine, you know the thing you're trying to praise for some idiotic reason, obviously can't even handle shit they've been demoing for a couple of years so they had to disable some creatures so it doesn't generate them (like the big dinosaurs). and the system for animations is horrible. fucking Quake1 had better and smoother animations 2 decades ago.

tl;dr: yup, you're still a fucking moron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky/no-mans-sky-subreddit-cancer
No Man's Sky's subreddit is trying to get Sean Murray to talk via cancer fundraising
To celebrate a lack of communication from Hello Games for a solid 90 days following the launch of No Man's Sky, the space game's subreddit is fundraising for Cancer Research in a bid to get Sean Murray's attention. What do you mean it makes no sense?

The campaign, No Man's Sky's Journey to Stop Cancer, has already raised £340 of its £500 goal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it went way past that, considering the Reddit upvotes. You can also donate at that link.

The plan is to raise some money so hopefully senpai notices them and finally explains why his game was not good.

Latelistener

Arcane

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah that was all over the news. Seems like Roberts wanted to hire a new star fresh from the huge success story that is NMS.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The silence also means he got enough money already (which I guess is obvious), as no there is need for damage control to ensure further sales.

rezaf

Cipher
I can't help but wonder why there are still negative reviews piling up NOW where people picked up the game for $60 (with the other reviews already being overwhelmingly negative) and then also proclaim it's not worth $60.
My only explanation is that they actually picked up boxed copies somehwere, if the game is actually sold this way?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Rgf4o8C.jpg

Severian Silk

I can't help but wonder why there are still negative reviews piling up NOW where people picked up the game for $60 (with the other reviews already being overwhelmingly negative) and then also proclaim it's not worth $60.
My only explanation is that they actually picked up boxed copies somehwere, if the game is actually sold this way?
Bundles.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
1 trailer
128 pages later

this summer

games are shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom