Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

Perkel

Arcane
New Zelda trailer is really good, except only for the game's fucked up brightness. It's like the game is permanently running in an overly high contrast television.

But the Mario trailer...... I'm honestly quite surprised the like bar is so positive. This smells complete disaster, and this is the first time I ever feel a Mario game will be bad. I thought Nintendo would never stain the Mario franchise and would always take extra care with it, especially learning from Sega and Sonic's constant crap titles, but then, Sandbox™ (because in 2017 EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. has to be open world sandbox!) Mario with realistic city and people instead of mushroom kingdom?

:abyssgazer:

People like it because it is 3rd mario open world game after 64 and sunshine. Also it is mario so people will praise it regardless if this was 2 pixels on a cock.

Zelda looks great but isn't it also coming out on the Wii U?

Also, 300 USD for these specs, 3 hour battery life...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tehdagah

Arcane
New Zelda trailer is really good, except only for the game's fucked up brightness. It's like the game is permanently running in an overly high contrast television.

But the Mario trailer...... I'm honestly quite surprised the like bar is so positive. This smells complete disaster, and this is the first time I ever feel a Mario game will be bad. I thought Nintendo would never stain the Mario franchise and would always take extra care with it, especially learning from Sega and Sonic's constant crap titles, but then, Sandbox™ (because in 2017 EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. has to be open world sandbox!) Mario with realistic city and people instead of mushroom kingdom?

:abyssgazer:

People like it because it is 3rd mario open world game after 64 and sunshine. Also it is mario so people will praise it regardless if this was 2 pixels on a cock.
People like it because Mario games are good.

---

Arcane
March 2017
Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions) $59.99/$99.99/$129.99
1, 2, Switch $49.99
I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $19.99
Super Bomberman R

April 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $59.99

Spring 2017
Arms $59.99
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Mania

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
Skyrim LOOOL :lol:
NBA 2k18 (September)

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017

TBD
Arcade Archives
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
Minecraft
Puyopuyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive edition
Rime
Shin Megami Tensei
Skylanders Imaginators
Siberia 3
Steep

EDIT: Nintendo is editing information in real time.

Delterius

Arcane
To me, Nintendo consoles are the only ones that make any sense. There's nothing that a Playstation or an Xbox does that the PC can't do better. The DS offers a different experience and the Wii has the closed market thing going for it. I'd never buy one but I don't have to: Nintendo has a strong offering of party games when compared to Microsoft/Sony and I have many friends willing to shell out for the occasional mario kart shitfest. Zeldas and Marios are more than enough to sell a console. A Last of Us years into the console cycle is there to give an argument to Sony fans. The Switch it seems is going to marry both angles.

Gerrard

Arcane
I hope that dub on he Zelda trailer is not the final product, because it was goddamn awful.

On the one hand, it's pretty funny whenever there's a new Nintendo console coming out because everyone goes into "Nintendo is doomed" mode. I myself haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube 15 years ago (I had a nintendo DS that I haven't played in years too), but I can appreciate their games and how they're one of the very few companies out there who actually push for 60fps in a majority of their titles. They always seem to push ahead and make a ton of money regardless.

However, I'd be lying if I said I don't think the Switch looks pretty bad, because it does. I'd pay about half of what they're asking to play the new Zelda, so I'll probably just end up buying a used Wii U for a hundred bucks or something in a few months. Or emulate it, if Cemu continues to make good progress.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Also, 300 USD for these specs, 3 hour battery life...

I don't even know who they're fooling with this "carry it with you" BS, anyway. Maybe in Japan. The way things are looking up in the west someone will just club you over the head and steal the Switch from you.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can I just check something? I'm sure it was mentioned before, but unless I've missed something, Nintendo actually think this:

bPoeoZJ.png

is an acceptable control method for games in 2017?!

:deathclaw:

I mean I'm 100% sure they'll have more 'normal' controllers available, but that price just got pushed up by 'however much they cost' x2. I think I'd have been aghast at those things when I was playing on my old Spectrum ffs!

And I agree that Mario game looks like an abomination.

Perkel

Arcane
It comes with grip in standard where you essentially have whole thing.
Those two can be attached to system and you have big handheld (bigger than vita)

Above is solely for couch gaming for 2 people if you don't have second pad

---

Arcane
And I agree that Mario game looks like an abomination.
The Mario game will be published (probably) this winter. More than enough time to polish it.
And while the town part sucks, the other levels are already pretty damn good.

pippin

Controllers will slowly go back to being those old telephone thingies.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Meh, once all the middle aged nerds who are still nostalgic about their NES days are gone nintendo won't be relevant in the home console field.

The Wii was a gimmick that managed to appeal to the casual market before mobile came along but that's it.

When they tried to duke it out with sony and MS on equal terms in the past they failed, so they now try to do their own weird experiments, but with no 3rd party developer support and by recycling the same 3-4 ips in a saturated market I don't see them going anywhere.

Perkel

Arcane
Above is solely for couch gaming for 2 people if you don't have second pad

Oh that's alright then, because Nintendo has never been about the local multiplayer at all.

:dead:

Point is that is supposed to help you when you either:

- don't have second pad (which you can buy)
- you have only handheld right now and rest of the console is in home or your mom took it.

It is hilarious but logically thinking about it if you want to play coop with someone you will just buy second pad while you will use it as kind of jurryrigged pads.

Imo this is precisely designed for kids playing in school or whatever.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
- don't have second pad (which you can buy)

... for $69.99 apparently for the 'Pro' Pad, which looks like a 'normal' controller used by people who don't have dwarfism in their hands.

Which was exactly my point in the first place. $299.99 for the console and then you're more or less forced to buy 2 extra controllers at $69.99 each. You guys defending this are ok with that?! Jesus Christ, I am amazed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom