Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

crakkie

Arcane
Gameplay footage for the Ninvidia Shwitch was added in post production? And Bethesda won't confirm that it can even run a 5 year old elder scrolls game?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-24-behind-the-scenes-of-nintendos-switch-reveal-video

One of the actors from the trailer's Splatoon section, Twitch streamer Dickhiskhan, has broken his silence via a GameExplaininterview. The trailer was shot in mid-September amid tight security, and actors were filmed holding dummy units.

Gameplay footage of Nintendo Switch software was then added in post-production, he continued.

I guess the only honest footage was the new Zelda. This sounds like a train wreck.

might still get it if it's cheap and the 1st party games are good

tet666

Augur
They specifically say in that article:
"At a later date, before the March launch, we'll be talking about things like exact launch date, and of course, the games. You shouldn't assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage and further specifics on first-party games will be provided later."

A user named cat

Rex is going to love the Switch.

OchiDwA.gif

Grokalibre

Savant
You all talk shit about the Switch now but in 6 months you'll be begging people to lend you a controller in public spaces just like African children beg mighty Whites.

This is a shitpost. The Switch will do fine. Please post on neogaf.
Fuck you I'll get all the hot chicks with my Switch and there's nothing you can do about it.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I have zero interest in their new gimmick console and its inevitable stream of Zeldas/Marios/Luigis/Marios/Zeldas/Luigis/Marios and jRPGs featuring 5-year-olds with giant swords.

That didn't come out right.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's really surprising that nintendo and sony tend to 'announce' a new console when the last one was cracked/emulated? I know that logically, they shouldn't give a shit, but i can't help but see some correlation. It's like i get the idea they're going '3ds and wii-u was emulated? Break out the secret project, time to switch'. Refute the idea for me with hard monetary facts so i can stop thinking about this idiocy.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I'm amazed they wouldn't have a 1080p screen in the handheld. They must have signed the display supplier contract 5 years ago.

crakkie

Arcane
I'm amazed they wouldn't have a 1080p screen in the handheld. They must have signed the display supplier contract 5 years ago.
They're cutting every corner possible to get more than 2 hours of battery life out of an Nvidia Shield. See also the 15 fps on Zelda when it's undocked.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Like every Nintendo console for the past 15 years they won't be selling this one at a loss.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Hardware specifics just came out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-specs-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-rep/1100-6446363/

Following a report last week, we've now possibly learned a little more about the Nintendo Switch's specs. Digital Foundry has the scoop today on the system's CPU and GPU speeds.

According to the site, the CPU power is the same when the Switch is docked and undocked, with the cores running at 1020MHz in both situations. "This ensures that running game logic won't be compromised while gaming on the go: the game simulation itself will remain entirely consistent," the site reported. "The machine's embedded memory controller runs at 1600MHz while docked ... but the default power mode undocked sees this drop to 1331MHz. However, developers can opt to retain full memory bandwidth in their titles should they choose to do so."

The Switch's GPU speed is what might be controversial, Digital Foundry says. This is because, when docked, clock speeds for the system are reportedly locked at 768MHz. As the site points out, this is much lower than the 1 GHz that Nvidia's Shield Android TV runs at in terms of GPU speed.

"But the big surprise from our perspective was the extent to which Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets," Digital Foundry said. "That's not a typo: it really is 307.2MHz--meaning that in portable mode, Switch runs at exactly 40 percent of the clockspeed of the fully docked device."

Delterius

Arcane

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Fucking Nintendo, just sell software for real consoles. Wii was the last I will buy from them
I generally get all consoles but the only reason to ever buy a Nintendo console is Zelda release or two per generation. Fuck that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom