Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Amazing an open world game with weapons made from glass.....You got me mate i am going to shill 500 bucks right now.

:retarded:
Sooooo i am retard for not shiling 400 euro for cheaply made console that have lower specs than my telephone!?!?!?!?More power to you mate,i have heard that it is not easy to be "Special".I am certan that you could become Prime/President ,you have the IQ.

Gameplay > graphics, any day.

If a console costs 400 but offers you games with great gameplay which you cannot play anywhere else but with worse graphics it's still worth it.

Graphics are like a pretty girl, you are wowed at first, but after time you get accustomed to her being pretty, and gameplay is her personality.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Amazing an open world game with weapons made from glass.....You got me mate i am going to shill 500 bucks right now.

:retarded:
Sooooo i am retard for not shiling 400 euro for cheaply made console that have lower specs than my telephone!?!?!?!?More power to you mate,i have heard that it is not easy to be "Special".I am certan that you could become Prime/President ,you have the IQ.

Gameplay > graphics, any day.

If a console costs 400 but offers you games with great gameplay which you cannot play anywhere else but with worse graphics it's still worth it.

Graphics are like a pretty girl, you are wowed at first, but after time you get accustomed to her being pretty, and gameplay is her personality.
Yeah who wouldn't love the hardcore gameplay of fighting a monster in glorious 15 FPS with a glass weapons.It must be fun changing weapons tree times in fight.That gameplay mate .....ah to kill for.I get you,only crazy people wouldn't want to play at 15 FPS.

Severian Silk

If someone wants to buy me a Switch, I will play these games.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Yeah who wouldn't love the hardcore gameplay of fighting a monster in glorious 15 FPS with a glass weapons.It must be fun changing weapons tree times in fight.That gameplay mate .....ah to kill for.I get you,only crazy people wouldn't want to play at 15 FPS.

Boy, you haven't even played BotW if you think it runs at 15fps ANYWHERE. The lowest I've seen it dip is 25fps and that's just for a second or two during certain things and is not common at all. At least do more research before you shitpost, otherwise your post just looks like obvious emotional shitposting with no substance.

Dont get me wrong, Bitler is a fucking retard and the Switch is a glorified port machine with 1 original IP (Arms) that only came out yesterday. Mario Odyssey will only appeal to the Mario Autismos and children, but that was always their demographic for Mario. It hasn't been a true system seller since Mario 64 and Odyssey won't change that. BotW is a port. Mario Kart 8 DX is an enhanced port. 12Switch is a retard tier game, and the list goes on. The Switch, currently, is fucking garbage and has basically no games. There is no reason to get one if you have a Wii U unless you want to play BotW at 5 extra frames per second and are willing to spend $400 in total to do it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'll be getting this at some point for Metroid Prime 4 alone, the others will be icing on the cake.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I always love how its never about pixels, unless its a Nintendo console, amongst general crowds.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I always love how its never about pixels, unless its a Nintendo console, amongst general crowds.
It is all about aesthetic pleasure and atmosphere.I will take old school pixel games over the shiny tired faces any day.Talented and imaginative people + pixels = some good art.Modern hypster pixel wave have nether of those things,they just throw a few pixels together and call it pixel art.There are very few modern pixel games that are good.

Machocruz

Arcane
hasn't been a true system seller since Mario 64 and Odyssey won't change that.

I think NSMB sold a lot of DSes. Mario 64 always was overrated. Side scrolling Mario crushes 3D every time in sales, but Nintendo don't want to come to grips with that fact. But yeah, Odyssesy won't change that.

Jazz_

Arcane
I have 2 hipster friends who buy nintendo consoles religiously and then they don't even play shit on them except Zelda.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It is all about aesthetic pleasure and atmosphere.I will take old school pixel games over the shiny tired faces any day.Talented and imaginative people + pixels = some good art.Modern hypster pixel wave have nether of those things,they just throw a few pixels together and call it pixel art.There are very few modern pixel games that are good.

A hint, it wasn't about literal pixels.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
"It's not a game unless I like it!"

Says Night Goat, who spends 99% of his time sperging out that DnD 5e isn't a game despite the constant support, public games, product crossovers with other properties and IPs and video game.

A U T I S M
I haven't even thought about 5e in months, but you're still butthurt after all these years because I criticized something you like. Why would anyone even want to play 5e when its players are this weird?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

Boy, you haven't even played BotW if you think it runs at 15fps ANYWHERE. The lowest I've seen it dip is 25fps and that's just for a second or two during certain things and is not common at all. At least do more research before you shitpost, otherwise your post just looks like obvious emotional shitposting with no substance.

Dont get me wrong, Bitler is a fucking retard and the Switch is a glorified port machine with 1 original IP (Arms) that only came out yesterday. Mario Odyssey will only appeal to the Mario Autismos and children, but that was always their demographic for Mario. It hasn't been a true system seller since Mario 64 and Odyssey won't change that. BotW is a port. Mario Kart 8 DX is an enhanced port. 12Switch is a retard tier game, and the list goes on. The Switch, currently, is fucking garbage and has basically no games. There is no reason to get one if you have a Wii U unless you want to play BotW at 5 extra frames per second and are willing to spend $400 in total to do it.

You can rip up the framerate pretty good by trying to use any of the runes that cause that color-shimmer effect while anywhere in a place with high grass density.

And the Korok forest is pretty bad. And it still does that "hang for a full second" if you headshot a moblin on a hill.

Never seen this happen, but if it does: so what? Every game has those moments of low FPS, doesn't mean the entire game runs like that which is the implication I was addressing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Never seen this happen, but if it does: so what? Every game has those moments of low FPS, doesn't mean the entire game runs like that which is the implication I was addressing.
The fanboyism is strong in you mate.You must be very smart to think playing action rpg(presumably) in 15ish fps is a good thing.Even if anything that is fast paced and action oriented is garbage if it is under 60fps

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I have a switch with zelda. Its really only fun for about 30 minutes a week on wash day at the laundromat.
That's the impression I got from a hands-on with my buddy's copy. I didn't stop playing botw because I had better things to do with my Sunday afternoon, I quit because it made me tired.

I got a Dying Earth vibe from initial screens and what I'd learned of the premise, but after playing for <2 hours, I'm confident this game never offers that. I understand there are just 4 proper dungeons (if you can call them that, no idea), but the grottos number in the mid hundreds? I'll pass.

Typically, Zelda games boast a setting that makes sense on their own terms, even when they're weird, but I'm calling botw's magitech the "thematic" equivalent of feature creep. It was pointless at every angle, no purpose besides an obnoxious exhibit of the Switch. I get it, its mobile!

If I wanted a switch, I'd buy botw, but I wouldn't buy a switch for botw.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
You can buy them all for me on your own card. I'll tell you which locker at the train station, when I know you've got the goods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom