Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

Theldaran

Liturgist
Nintendo sure likes to squeeze their zombies *ahem* customers.

Been playing Hyrule Warriors and it's actually pretty good. I've played a lot of Musou games and this one has a lot going for it, especially if you've played many Zelda games. Tons of fanservice, characters play pretty differently and you get to fight classic Zelda bosses. There is an absolute fuckton of content.

Disappointing that it doesn't run at a fixed 60fps docked, framerate is all over the place unfortunately, most of the time around 40-50 if I had to guess. In portable mode it's locked to 30 and I think I actually prefer it that way.

After I get sick of this one I'll take a look at Fire Emblem Warriors but I think it'll be super weeb and since I haven't played nearly as many FE games as Zelda games most fanservice will probably be lost to me.

So has anyone played the Mega Man 11 demo?

I thought it was going to be utter shit, Mighty No. 9 style, but was pleasantly surprised. MM11 seems pretty good, the demo level has a nice difficulty level and although I'm not a big fan of the power/speed gimmick it's not aggressively bad.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So many good games going to be released, it feels like im in 1995 again with the switch.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
0Gpf7GX.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Day 1 NES games with added online multiplayer for the 'online service' which is launching on 18th, year subscription is 20$

Soccer
Tennis
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Dr. Mario
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 3
Double Dragon
River City Ransom
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Tecmo Bowl
Gradius
Pro Wrestling
Excitebike
Yoshi
Ice Hockey
Baseball

So I picked up a Switch this month and have played through Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Are there any other good games that have come out for it yet that Codexers can recommend?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I picked up a Switch this month and have played through Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Are there any other good games that have come out for it yet that Codexers can recommend?
Octopath Traveler and Mercenaries Saga Chronicles. Maybe try Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I can't Vouch for Xenoblade Chronicles and its standalone expansion, but I'll probably grab them, someday.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Octopath Traveler and Mercenaries Saga Chronicles. Maybe try Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I can't Vouch for Xenoblade Chronicles and its standalone expansion, but I'll probably grab them, someday.

Plus Bayonetta re-releases if you wanna crazy Platinum Games action. Tho how the hell does OP finish BOTW in a month I dunno. Just one more green boi...

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a brilliant little puzzle game that's often overlooked. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is another Wii U port but that game is also brilliant, probably the best modern platformer that I've played.

Megaman 11 is really great, but it's not exclusive. Hyrule Warriors is the best Musou game IMO if you're into that sort of shit. There's tons of ports of great games that you've probably played on the PC before, such as Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Mark of the Ninja, Binding of Isaac, etc. so I won't list them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Smash is getting a single player adventure mode

I laughed when the singing started.

Still, it's not the first time there's been a single player mode, and it was pretty bad last time.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The whole Smash show couldn't have been more anticlimactic.
3 characters nobody wanted, deconfirmation for bunch of popular ones, gacha shit and no guaranteed preferred rules for online play.

Yeah, spending half an hour talking about menus was a...weird decision. Ken and Incineroar would be better off being revealed sooner. Piranha Plant steals the show for being "a fucking potted plant who made it in before Waluigi".

I'll try to be positive about it and think that the "spirits" is a good way of inserting characters that would never show up otherwise. It looks dumb enough to be entertaining. :lol:

Last edited:
Not trying to be rude or anything, but aren't you lads a bit old to be playing nintendo games?
I'm 38 years old and I haven't seen a game that's fresher and with more ideas than Super Mario Odyssey in a very long time. Also, Breath of the Wild is by far the best open-world game out there if you're into that sort of shit (even though I personally prefer older-style Zelda).

I don't think enjoying good videogames has anything to do with age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom