Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo gets called out

Chefe

Erudite
I wished Nintendo would continue the Zelda and Mario series.

They haven't made a Zelda sequel since the 80's. Every Zelda after Zelda 2 has been a "reinvisioning" of the shittacular Link to the Past under a different name (except Majora's Mask, which I call Zelda 3).

They don't make many Mario sequels either. They make a lot of games featuring Mario, but before Galaxy the last real Mario game was SM64. I'm still waiting for a true sequel to SMB3.

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:
DU reminds me of the slightly out-of-touch grandfather figure who comes in every now and again to try to join in with the hip youngsters, attempting their lingo and sharing their jokes. He means well, and he's a pretty cool guy sometimes, but he just makes everyone feel kind of uncomfortable and nobody can really relax until he goes back to his pipe and slippers.

DU, can you comment on this?

spiwak

Novice
Mikayel said:
It's somewhat comical and depressing to know this company, so hailed for innovation, is constantly churning out the same shit over and over.

...and that they don't even try to hide the fact that their entire library is comprised of the same game remade over and over.

when the fuck did EA sports take over nintendo?
OK OK, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but I've always thought the usual, cliched "Nintendo makes the same games over and over again" argument rather...weak. They only make maybe one game from each of the core franchises (if that) a generation. Other franchises are even worse, like GTA, that had three games in about 5 years on the same console, or Final Fantasy. Now, the only reason Nintendo get shit for it is because a few of these franchises have been around for almost two decades, and they use the same characters over and over in new IPs.

I agree with aboyd. They are actually the most innovative company out there right now. It's just that they're innovating away from the hard core gamers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom