Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nightkeep, rpgmetroidvania experiment

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You mean Nigh Keep?

Nightale

The Studio Which Has No Name
Developer
No Nigh Keep, Nightkeep. I am not native english speaker, but I guess combination Nightkeep is ok(?). Sword in logo replaces T.

Nightale

Developer
Game is somehow in very early phase, I am implenting mechanics. I plan to make detailed update on whole game, systems, world when I have those things done. Now everything changes on daily basis, so its too early to provide info on something that may actually change.

Nightale

Developer
There will be zones which are not required to complete the game. But on the other way they ll make you stronger and I am not following any of design/rules, etc. To be honest, I am not so good coder and my level design may be just bad at some places. I think I will do it my way somehow and I am already counting with the fact that players wont accept this game too well as they re used to some standards, which I am afraid I am not following as I should. My game is very easy-made and I am warning about this.

I am now thinking of changing sub-weps, today you have set of changeable subweps, which dont change. I plan to add their leveling, so you can level up dagger, which will become bigger or level up traps, which will have then wider range or increased str/ durability. etc. (for now its still an idea).

With that I relased some new alpha leaks, (note that ghost in vids were adjusted and are spawnning more "above" than below now)

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Looks like a cool game, do you have a Steam Greenlight page? I couldn't find one.

Assuming you want to release it on Steam.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Thanks, I've spread it around a bit among my friends and hope they'll upvote you too.

Mozg

Arcane
The ground movement looks good, the jumping/falling movements need some more animations. It looks like the standing sprite just kind of floats around. Maybe you could do something more dramatic with her hair and limbs?

I thought Rogue Legacy did a good job with jumping/airdashing without having outlandishly high production value animations.

Nightale

Developer
Part of forest/valley in alpha long-play.*sorry vid was removed as it became outdated.

@Mozg thanks for feeback, I see that animations could use a bit more work myself (but I am just hobbyist somewhat at my limits). Also To add more dramatic animation to attack in mid-air it would require revamp nearly of whole core system. I am not so good coder and some things I do are "hard" coded litereally. I am having different weapons for the character and all are placed on the same animation, to do separate animation for ground and mid-air attack would require quite drastic revamp in the current state of the project. If I could think of it sooner then it would be not such burden.

Anyway I am taking somewhat neverending break now.

Last edited:

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Nightkeep alphatest 2016-08-11 23-54-56-73.png
chillin'

Nightkeep alphatest 2016-08-12 00-09-16-69.png
co je to barbarskĂ˝ jazyk

Nightkeep alphatest 2016-08-12 00-04-31-04.png
dunno what you're brewin' gramps but you gotta share

Nightale

Developer
I hope you liked demo at least a bit. I have some health issues, which are a bit severe so I postponed work a bit, but I still go on somehow. I guess I wont post news here as actively (monthly) as before.
l2Sq4FKrIiFrw5i48.gif

Nightale

Developer
I eat a lot of pills daily because I have to, maybe more than slices of bread :(. I still hope in better future tho ! Never lose hope or something like that, they say.

I am trying to work slowly on my project. I made facebook page for it too. https://www.facebook.com/NightkeepGame Also I changed some old assets + some animations and I think its getting to look better every month.

3oz8xBauHYom52ofiE.gif

Nightale

Developer
Hi, I am trying to work every day a bit on my project. Allow me to share two last gifs this year.

I like bunnies and I wouldn't dare throw a bomb @ 'em ! (it's possible, but why would anyone do that ?!).

3o7TKGMjgfau42ub2E.gif

Introducing drop

3oz8y0ehIDpftgJWN2.gif

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I would have liked if you removed damage from touching enemies, one of the weirdest things in 2D platformers. Any way, looks cool.
Can anyone re-upload the demo?

Nightale

Developer
I wasnt able to release trailer, I wished to do so by the end of the year. I just dont have enough material. Anyway I wish you calm holidays, enjoy the vacations. I think we all need a fresh breath to the new year too.

I am sharing some latest WIP this year from SNES inspired metroidvania project.

Introducing of rare monsters! I had bad luck while recording, trust me when I didnt record it was more frequent. By the way there are stockable items, yes stockable effect, which increases the chance to find these creatures. I am sure it can drop something flashy and neon. I also separated color of name display in the right bottom corner, isnt the purple more sexy ?

*edit I was active and deleted some videos, guess this one belonged here! Sorry about this.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Interesting. I hope you find a gimmick to implement as satisfying as the inverted castlevania.

I came to this thread expecting something different (more rpg and less vania, like Dex), but i suppose that's no job for a single person. I'd just be careful describing this as a 'rpgmetroidvania' because those games, recent castlevania in particular went quite far on rpg, and it made me expect something different by emphasizing it even more.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I like that it gives you a visual warning for 'rare monster', even though I'm usually vehemently against such stuff.

Seems to fit the semi-colorful-cartoonish look of the game well, I guess.

Nightale

Developer
I was not working so hard on project lately, but I am trying to keep project alive. I'd like to share some of latest work, I wish I could show more. But I can't. I wish to make another teaser (if good favor and health will stay with me) in summer.
26gso5mFELrDhYftK.gif

d3mmhCZZ11t5BgqI.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom