Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nightdive Studios, SNEG, Ziggurat, Piko Interactive and others rereleasing classic games

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't remember much about Forsaken beside tattoos :M was it good?

catfood

AGAIN
acclaim02_a.jpg

1477523095-3022054497.png

1464847439504.jpg

Would a game with this kind of promo art be bad? :troll:

Honestly it's an average Descent clone with more linear levels. In my case it's simply a case of nostalgia. I used to play it together with a neighbor back in 1998, with myself controling the keyboard and him the mouse. Good times.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game itself was pretty cool. It's also the best looking AiTD engine game IMO.

What other AiTD engine games are there? I never got around to playing any of those other than AitD1-3 themselves.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Piko Interactive teaser:

Apparently it's 40 Winks, a PSX platformer by GT Interactive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_Winks

220px-40_Winks_cover_art.jpg

Probably Azrael's Tear: http://skirmishfrogs.com/2017/11/24/how-to-disappear-completely-the-tale-of-azraels-tear/

Ken, as it happens, does own the rights to Azrael’s Tear, at least in part. And he’s very interested in seeing it brought back. “My wish would be to see a modern remake done, and perhaps some recognition at last for the excellent work the whole team put into it,” he tells me.

So, Ken asked me to put him in touch with Stephen, and Stephen asked me to put him in touch with Ken. I did. They’ve done the digging, they know where the rights landed and they’re in talks now. Night Dive adjudicated the System Shock 2 rights debacle — once considered impossible — and brought that game back out. They’re legends at this.

Ken said that “it seems likely we’ll be going ahead with a revived version of Azrael’s Tear” back in September. That was incredible to hear — but, when I followed up with Stephen about whether the deal was guaranteed, he said, “I’m not quite sure yet!”

That wasn’t the end.

On November 13, Ken said he was “pretty hopeful it will come off soon.” He seemed more-or-less convinced it was going to happen. Stephen tweetedsomething even more certain: “it’ll be out in the near future.” Ken asked that I write about the revival in this article.

So, it’s happening. After all these years, it’s happening. Set your watches: the crevice into Aeternis is reopening. Azrael’s Tear is coming back from the abyss.

Ash

Arcane
I never did play 40 Winks. Considered purchasing it many times but I guess early teen me just thought it looked gay based on the cover art, flip-side description and images, and the title. :lol:

In hindsight I bet it's p. cool.

Wonder if they can port Turok 3 to PC.

Why in the ever loving fuck would you want to do that? Was decline! Probably better off remastering Turok: Evolution. Wasn't very good either but it wasn't a total turd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pre-Order Now on Xbox One!

More details here http://bit.ly/TurokPresale

Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Latest re-release from Piko is Ocean Software's 1997 FPS Last Rites:

ss_05fb9b72a2916bba305f62aac889c1de28076530.600x338.jpg

ss_003e362c723aa5ec9f99746add27669b684c3106.600x338.jpg

And The Dead were made flesh and dwelt among us. In flesh ripped and pocketed in running sores and the terror of our age our bodies cannot staunch the flow of darkness nor stem the tides of death. We are food but not for long.

There is enough fire power stacked here to blow them soulless husks to hell and back; and we are giving it them all. The towns and cities are burning and the end's a long time coming. Enjoy it while you can.

• Full 3D Environment with full 360 degree rotational view.
• Mission based scenarios for full immerse play.
• Massive numbers of enemies at any one time.
• Controversial horror setting.
• Gory hack and slash first person action.
• Incredible Painted backdrops.

Due to the age of the title, it currently does not support network multiplayer.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Or respect the goddamn aspect ratio?

Well, it turns out they're just using screenshots posted on Mobygames. Probably one more sign that they just don't care much about these kind of things.

edit: heh, Drakkhen for example, they downloaded 320x200 px screenshots (16:10 aspect ratio, aspect=false setting in DOSBox I think) from Mobygames, and stretched them to 1280x720 (16:9, modern HD aspect ratio). Haha. Most likely they did that to fit them in Steam's screenshot box.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant

And The Dead were made flesh and dwelt among us. In flesh ripped and pocketed in running sores and the terror of our age our bodies cannot staunch the flow of darkness nor stem the tides of death. We are food but not for long.

There is enough fire power stacked here to blow them soulless husks to hell and back; and we are giving it them all. The towns and cities are burning and the end's a long time coming. Enjoy it while you can.

Check out the abortion that is the gameplay video, that's not what the game looks like is it??

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Check out the abortion that is the gameplay video, that's not what the game looks like is it??

Actually it looks like it is, but it's a very low-res video. Probably something they found on a magazine coverdisc from 20 years ago.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More Ocean Software re-releases from PikoPiko.

Where Time Stood Still (1988):

ss_398dbd356dd5dd537f995efae35fd73764c4ffe8.600x338.jpg

Elf (1992):

ss_041f0c55de722c2c0c104370956a6117550b5625.600x338.jpg

Tunnel B1 (1996):

ss_bb179c195a03967bb56a4156ff9c1f9edf106b43.600x338.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane

That game is the reason PS:T wasn't called "Planescape: Last Rites". :lol:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Actually it looks like it is, but it's a very low-res video. Probably something they found on a magazine coverdisc from 20 years ago.

I've zero respect for a company that is too lazy to do a short play test and make a video for their re-release.

I already pegged you for someone having zero respect for anyone, so no surprise there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom