Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

lightbane

Arcane
Checked the music video. As expected, it's quite grimdark, implies children being hurt/killed (if they weren't dolls, or are they?*), and it ends with the protagonist in a terrible situation. Truly fitting for the game.

As for the second trailer, apparently not-Yonah will invariably rebel against the system at some point, but chances are it will end badly. That companion who supposedly takes cares of "her maintenance" will also betray/be horribly killed by her as well. Lastly, she'll suffer severe damage at some point/be hacked, if that sequence in which she was shutting down in the middle of a bridge means anything.

In short, trolling is assured.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't wait to become clinically depressed and suicidal thanks to this game.
But then, that's what I play a Yoko Taro game for.

tet666

Augur
During Japanese livestream: PC version has delayed because they're preparing a better copy protection, as they saw RE 7 and others cracked too fast.

Probably they're waiting the new version of Denuvo.

Fuck sake, how about treating your paying customers with some fucking respect SE? It's not like games without shitty DRM never sell well, delaying the pc version and basically having no marketing or any info will hurt the sales way more then piracy ever could anyway,oh the stupidity...

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well?: http://gematsu.com/2017/02/nier-automata-pc-launches-march-10-arsenal-elegant-destruction-trailer

NieR: Automata for PC launches March 10, ‘Arsenal of Elegant Destruction’ trailer

Square Enix will launch for PC via Steam on March 10, Square Enix announced.

The release date is confirmed at the end of new trailer introducing the game’s unique array of weapon types, combo system, and fast-paced battle mechanics.

But oddly, videos uploaded on SE's official channels (NA, UK) don't have Steam release info. Another fuck-up?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmmm... well, the robots are obviously children. But that's too obvious so I wonder what the real twist is...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
But oddly, videos uploaded on SE's official channels (NA, UK) don't have Steam release info. Another fuck-up?

Not only that, the linked trailer has the Ps4 release for the 7th of march, while the official trailers on the SE pages has that one on the 10th. Something is wrong here...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/834103054907604992

SE removed the trailer with Steam release info from their PR site.

fakenews.png

Now this is really ridiculous.

edit: now they uploaded a version without Steam release info.

8xyWn0t.png

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PS4 master race.

I didn't want to play on my badass desktop anyway.

:troll:

During Japanese livestream: PC version has delayed because they're preparing a better copy protection, as they saw RE 7 and others cracked too fast.

Probably they're waiting the new version of Denuvo.

Fuck sake, how about treating your paying customers with some fucking respect SE? It's not like games without shitty DRM never sell well, delaying the pc version and basically having no marketing or any info will hurt the sales way more then piracy ever could anyway,oh the stupidity...

Uhhh... such a retarded value calculation. This game is going to fly off the shelves on hype, postponing it until everyone's nerves cool down can only hurt sales.

You'd think at a certain point Square Enix would completely stop trusting its own judgment.

lightbane

Arcane
Hmmm... well, the robots are obviously children. But that's too obvious so I wonder what the real twist is...

They have human souls inside... Oh wait, already done.
You're going to kill everyone at some point. Nope, also a given.
Everyone will die... Nevermind. It's a staple of the series.
This will be hard. Either way, these are some sweet moves for a Cavia character. Platinum's hand at this is obvious.

Arthandas

Prophet
I won't lie, I'm hyped as fuck for this game. I had constant erection while beating Revengeance.

Gerrard

Arcane

SE openly ignoring the issue.

By the way here's the stream where they mentioned the piracy thing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

SE openly ignoring the issue.

Well, that makes me more wanting to believe a theory (?) that SE signed a deal with Sony about being silent about PC version for a certain period. Apparently Sony is the publisher of this game in Asia and other non-US/EU/JP regions.

Gerrard

Arcane
I guess this is literally all the game has to offer. I saw some autist getting excited over the fact that her model has indentation where the thigh highs end, as if an android made for combat needed that. Seriously 10/10 design.

E:
rlE86pi.jpg

Nice proportions. :prosper:

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, that makes me more wanting to believe a theory (?) that SE signed a deal with Sony about being silent about PC version for a certain period. Apparently Sony is the publisher of this game in Asia and other non-US/EU/JP regions.

I would bank more on the PC version being dependent on hitting some sales milestone first, but an exclusivity deal could certainly be involved as well.

tet666

Augur

I would bank more on the PC version being dependent on hitting some sales milestone first, but an exclusivity deal could certainly be involved as well.

Yeah that's bs they allrdy announced it and said a few times it's going to be released early 2017 and why would it matter how much the PS4 version sells anyway? there is absolutely no connection.

Gerrard

Arcane
The guy in the interview did literally drop "because of that thing that happened recently to RE7".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom