Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The PS4 demo releases tomorrow, right? I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.
Yes, and then I get to try out the Gravity rush 2 demo. What a time to be alive.

Ivan

Arcane
i've heard of the latter. but i'll be going into that demo blind, no idea what the first is or plays like.

hackncrazy

Savant
Is funny how I was struggling with Nier and always thinking of giving up. After I've played the Automata demo, I don't know, something just seemed to "click" and now I really want to play it until the end.

As for the demo, I liked it very much. Visually, I don't have anything bad to say...I like the design of the area we've played and from the main character as well (and I must admit I laughed a bit when she "slapped" me for trying to look her ass).

As for the gameplay, I think its a welcome evolution to what the original Nier showed me so far.

I don't know if its going to be day one for me, but I really liked the demo.

sullynathan

Arcane
Played the demo and I was overjoyed. The game is fun as hell and feels like a fusion of Metal Gear Rising and Furi. It had some nice level design and rewards, I'll play it again to see how non-linear it gets. Definitely like the art style here . Platinum does it again.

hackncrazy

Savant
Man, really, I can't understand people who glorify stories in games.

I mean, what the hell is wrong with people that says that Nier has a great story?

I just got to a point:

Where Kainé stays petrified for 5 years and apparently the main character spends this whole time trying to save her and Yonah.

Then, 3 seconds, LITERALLY 3 SECONDS, after he and Emil break the spell and free her, one of the villagers approaches the main character and says: "You know what, about that girl that was petrified 5 years to save our village...we don't want her and that creepy doll that just saved her sleeping in our domains. So, in short, GTFO.

And that's why I simply can't understand people that play games because of story. I mean, even a short story written by a 9 year old or a C movie made with 50 bucks has a better and more concise writing than pretty much everything done in gaming.

The only games that succed in storytelling are exactly the ones that doesn't show /expose anything about their stories (examples: Team ICO games, Souls games). Because this way, the players at least have room to come up with delusional theories and in the end they are the ones who create lore for the game out of nowhere.

Anyway, as I'm not in this game for the story, I'll keep playing. Just wanted to leave a salty statement.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Didn't like the boss fight. I hate it when PG keeps cutting the action mid-fight as it breaks the flow and cheapens the fight making it feel more like a cinematic experience rather than a real fight. Music wasn't especially good either. Other than that, it's the same old silky smooth PG combat, which is nice.

Gerrard

Arcane
meh it's just plain panties
Doesn't even look like it, more like a high cut leotard/swimsuit.

E: confirmed it's a leotard

E2: also someone explain to me why they need those androids when they could just make nukes out of those black boxes

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Glorious anal...

b71f2719392bf5531415d4215b82bae9.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
meh it's just plain panties
Doesn't even look like it, more like a high cut leotard/swimsuit.

E: confirmed it's a leotard

E2: also someone explain to me why they need those androids when they could just make nukes out of those black boxes

They need the androids to carry on with life. The nukes would be useless since
all the humans are dead so who are you going to nuke?

Gerrard

Arcane
They need the androids to carry on with life. The nukes would be useless since
all the humans are dead so who are you going to nuke?
Did you play/watch what happens in the demo?

Yes, and?
"Yes, and?" what? It clearly showed they should've just bombed the factory with those cubes instead of sending in 2 android kids, because only one of those things achieved the desired result.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom