Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next RPG to get excited for?

Mortmal

Arcane

The executioner , tasteful torture and turn based combat what else to ask for ?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
So you want to be excited. I knew a few ways to reach this. First is intense anal sex. Second is a blade to the throat. Third is getting shot in the foot. Make your choice, shithead. :cool:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
So no it's not Fallout but still a PA setting.
Original (PA) IP = They've finally given the middle finger to the owners, I'm glad. They'd just be under Bethesda's watch again, fuck that.

These guys perform best without restrictions :salute:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
POE 2
No Truce
Grimoire
Bard's Tale 4
DOS 2
Into the Breach from the FTL guys
Torment Extended Edition Director's Cut XXL

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So no it's not Fallout but still a PA setting.
Original (PA) IP = They've finally given the middle finger to the owners, I'm glad. They'd just be under Bethesda's watch again, fuck that.

These guys perform best without restrictions :salute:

Hmm, could be. I just wish they use a modified GURPS system again. And not the butchered, meaningless version like what we got in F3 and (to a lesser degree, but still) in FNV.
The system was pure genius in F1 and F2.
Oh, and make it turn based, puhleeese...

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There's not a lot that's been announced and coming out 'soon' that I'm looking forward to. In the longer range, POE2, D:OS2 (although the whole antagonistic-multiplayer-party focus doesn't at all excite me), whatever Tim/Leonard are working on (contingent on what that ends up being), and maybe, just maybe Wasteland 3, though I didn't back it and never finished Wasteland 2. On the more indie and Codex-involved-front, Vigilantes is looking interesting and I backed Copper Dreams even if I don't remember what it is.. :D

hellbent

Augur
Awhile out, I would say DOS2 and Colony Ship are the most interesting.

Short-term, we have Expeditions Viking and StarCrawlers hitting in the next month. Played a little of StarCrawlers in EA over a year ago. It was fun in that brief run through, but I put it down so I could experience it fully completed.

For now, though, Battle Bros is owning my free time.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Vampyr, Cyberpunk 2077, Cain+Boyarsky's game.

There are so few bigger budgeted RPGs, it is sad.

Disgruntled

Savant
Most of the games already mentioned... although Cyberpunk is the one that could really get my hype going and its ages away.

On the decline front im looking forward to Fallout 4 VR :dealwithit:.. the only new sandbox ill buy from Beth unless they decide to make Elder Scrolls great again.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1. Kingdom Come, if this game accomplishes half of what it wants to do it'll become a release of the year. If most of it, a cult.

2. Cyberpunk, obviously. Tho if the rumors are true and they really scrapped all the work that's been done up to 2016 it's not gonna come before 2020.

3. Bard's Tale 4. A new blobber? Yeah! By inXile? Fuck yeah!

4. Wasteland 3. W2-DC is one of the greatest RPGs of the last 10 years and fuck the haters.

5. Elex. I know, it's gonna be shit. But once you become PB's bitch there's no way out no matter how many times you get fucked with a rusty mace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom