Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So its like Fortnite/Overwatch memeing in Battlefield Heroes setting? Now this will end well.

:deathclaw:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm honestly amazed they managed to disappoint me with this. Battlefield up until 1 was a relatively realistic game based on combat of any given time period, but now they just decided to throw out all that legacy and turn it into some weird cartoony shooter women with cricket bats and prosthetic hands fighting germans. It's fucking absurd, why even make it WW2 themed at this point? Just say fuck that and make it futuristic.
I think Battlefield 1 is a golden paragon of historical accuracy compared to this, because they decided to put legitimate effort to figure out a way to put non-whites in the game and research the history of non-whites in WW1, I'm also extremely disappointed at how cartoony it is too, they were on such a good path with making Battlefield 1 more of a serious war story type deal where most men died and it wasn't a joke, I don't exactly see why making WW2 into this cartoon show is totally fine though.

Jezal_k23

Too chaotic a trailer. It felt like it was constantly trying to one up itself, because the latest thing that happened was not EPIC enough, so the next thing that happens is EVEN MORE EPIC, until it ends with a HUGE EXPLOSION. EPIC.

Didn't like it at all.

orcinator

Liturgist
What the fuck is with SJWs and their obsession with amputee women?
MV5BN2EwM2I5OWMtMGQyMi00Zjg1LWJkNTctZTdjYTA4OGUwZjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

bonus points for both having a magic prosthetic that doesn't actually limit their abilities

mck

Cipher
i am generally a battlefield apologist but boy oh boy does this one look stupid as fuck

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Isn't it possible that the trailer just portrays singleplayer mode.. sort of like the singleplayer campaign with HEROES and the story, they did that with BF3+4 and battlefield bad company..

We get a real multiplayer trailer later? The trailer is not a multiplayer focused one imo. Still, it looks bad. But I hope a real multiplayer trailer will be better.

The trailer was heavily scripted.. so

Features sound amazing

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Instead we get a shaky cam video of a strong, disabled woman defeating the Nazi war machine on her own with a katana. The only surprising thing is that she wasn't black.

Well played EA...well played.

It's not like rest of the trailer was peak of mil-sims either. :D

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
reeesetera-bfvo5qex.png
Oh my lord. Every time I read a screencap of that shithole I wonder how these people can even live without something offending them. Retardera is like even MORE SJW Neofag, they managed to go below the lowest there was. The way how these little weasels try to act smug and take a intellectual high ground by saying "trying to use their ignorance of history to defend their bigoted views" as a form of defense to shield all criticism. I truly wonder how they even manage to survive as a forum, Codex is a paragon of welcoming and friendliness compared to them because you won't get banned for saying your fucking opinion on a subject. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It seems to me. Fury Road. That chick from Bombshell. The one from the new Dishonored. Even that caroony abomination GW just released:

WHAdventures-May21-Characters21y.jpg

I'm sure there's others i can't remember right now. Whenever the setting allows it, they instantly go for amputee with prosthetic, often bald tough wombyn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom